HID Xenons Headlamps: Discussions & Queries

The bulb I have selected to purchase in 4300k uses a tint glass tube filter for 6000k bulb to produce light of 4300k. Does this work okay? Or i should look for some other bulb which gives out light in 4300k in its original form?

Hey guys,

Need some suggestions about Xenons. We recently installed Genome HID conversion kit for my friend's Ciaz. But the intensity and focus is very week that we can't even see road if the opposite vehicle is on high beam. Attaching pics of kit which were installed. Kindly suggest if any adjustments needs to be done to overcome this issue. Also any idea how much it costs? We paid him 16k which I think was very high.

Thank you,
Mahesh

Attachments

Ok don't mean to disappoint anyone... but I am yet to find a led bulb that outperforms simple halogen bulb.... most of it either lacks in cutoff, glare, beam pattern and most important range.. the closest till now I found is cn360 led but they are equal to halogen only a tad bit better hotspot spread...

Just remember not having a good light just in front is good... the light lesser light at immediate front and more at distance is good....

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ok don't mean to disappoint anyone... but I am yet to find a led bulb that outperforms simple halogen bulb.... most of it either lacks in cutoff, glare, beam pattern and most important range.. the closest till now I found is cn360 led but they are equal to halogen only a tad bit better hotspot spread...

Just remember not having a good light just in front is good... the light lesser light at immediate front and more at distance is good....
That makes sense.
Manufacturers have all kinds of tools and machines to calibrate and design a reflector, tailored to the very specific lens and bulb.

However, Indian conditions are far more challenging and having good lights is a major safety question.

I'm currently having a 2015 model Ciaz ZDI+, and haven't upgraded much. But, I'm fed up with these headlights. I need to change both the projector low beam bulb and the high beam bulb. I just need white colour light, the cheap and lasting one. The fog lamp is already white. Please give me the accurate information on the product and fitting...

I'm currently having a 2015 model Ciaz ZDI+, and haven't upgraded much. But, I'm fed up with these headlights. I need to change both the projector low beam bulb and the high beam bulb. I just need white colour light, the cheap and lasting one. The fog lamp is already white. Please give me the accurate information on the product and fitting...
May be a Osram Nightbreaker LASER H7 (For High Beams) and a 4300K HID on those projectors should be cleaner upgrade for you.

Bro... Do we get any Halogens with 4300K colour? Could you help me with those model names if there is any?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Bro... Do we get any Halogens with 4300K colour? Could you help me with those model names if there is any?
The intrinsic Kelvin of Halogen bulb in 3500k.
There are 4300k available but they simply use a blue tint to 'mimic' HID 4300k. The tint takes away some output (Dimmer bulb) as well as shortens the bulb life. Not really recommended.

I had used Philips extreme vision twice in my Ritz and one of them would always go kaput after a few months and there is no fix process for availing warranty on them. Reverted to the stock bulbs (as replacing the left bulb was very difficult due to space constraints in the diesel variant) and adjusted the reflectors to point a bit up and i adjust it with the headlamp leveler and it works just fine. Philips extreme vision was okay but not as good as my current setup in Alto which is a 90/100watts Philips bulbs with a relay which actually light up the road ahead brilliantly and also are effective when there is some one with high beam coming head on! I have faced no issues of reflector blackening or a lamp conking off at least in the last two years of usage, just that the headlights get very very hot. With all that said, it is cheaper to replace the lights with reflectors in five years with upgraded lights rather than messing up with the whole system, if of course your drive involves a lot of night driving.
--Aniruddh

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sorry for bothering you, but I was about to order the bulbs when I noticed that these bulbs too have the chips placed side-by-side, which I think you had said was not to be preferred. Am I right?
in the photo I can see, chips are placed Front- back and low beam chip (Front) has a glare shield. just like original h4 bulb.

1696179681-2013099031.jpg

I hope we are looking at the same pic.

Also, since there is a sale going on Aliexpress, I plan to avail it to max so guide if these cheaper options do fulfil the requirement. They are 6500k bulbs,I plan to add a 4300k tint tube to them.

G9 Partol H4 H7 H11 9005 9006 H13 Car LED Headlight Bulbs 80W 9600LM CREE XHP50 Chips Automible Headlamp Front Lights 6500K 12V-in Headlight Bulbs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Oslamp H4 High Low Beam LED Car Headlight Bulb CREE SMD Chips 80W 9600LM per Pair 6500K Auto Headlamp Light H4 Car Bulbs 12v 24v-in Headlight Bulbs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Or this cheaper bulb from same seller. I dont why its cheaper when specs seem almost the same.
http://s.aliexpress.com/YfQVNNni

Or I should buy this one itself, only hitch is its cost.
http://s.aliexpress.com/7zya6zQV

Also, is it worthwhile going buying such expensive bulbs at all? Or I will get just marginal gain compared to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yes the same In Pic... Just buy the bulb I suggested.
All the other bulbs do not have glare shields. also, One similar Looking bulb uses cree XML-2 LED chip which is a 10w, 900LM Chip. The bulb I suggested uses newer Cree XHP 50 chip, which is a 35w chip, upto 3000 Lumens.

Philips halogens are'nt even in the race. They are from british era. Should've been buried long ago. We are talkling atleast 3~4 generations gap.

Top Bottom