Hi To All Car Lovers!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
As you would have noticed this is my first post and thought I would introduce myself to the community. I am a software guy and have recently moved back from the US after living there for 11 years. I owned a Lexus there and was a sad person to let it go. (As you may have imagined!!)
I have been looking for a automatic car and have in the past week booked the Volkswagen Vento Highline Automatic. Stay tuned for extensive reviews and buying experience on this car.

Apart from cars, I have a passion for hindi music, reading books and of course, watching cricket.

Looking forward to bring some value to this community through my threads and once again, thanks for having me here.

[clap] Hi icecool2010 ,

Welcome to TAI Family. Whats your real name? Lexus they have one most beautiful looking cars. Which one you owned.

Congrats on new purchase of VW. Do write about it. Have you checked other option specially Honda city? No point suggesting now and also confuse you but still wanted to let you know.

Thread Starter #3
My name is Raman.
Yeah, Lexus spoilt me. I had the ES 300 and from the day I bought it till now - not a single problem! Great car, an amazing GPS system and the interiors were so luxurious.

For the past one month, I extensively researched a number of automatic cars including Verna, Altis, City, Civic and Vento.
None of the dealers had an automatic car and they almost nonchantantly told me to test drive a manual one and then book a automatic one. That was a big No No for me.
Fortunately the Volkswagen dealer here had booked two automatic cars which got delivered last week. One was already sold and I bought the other one. I should take delivery next week.
Will update all with a review once I get physical possession of the car.

Welcome to TAI

aaa Lexus i can imagine only
congrats on new car waiting for good ownership from you side as well as hope you become active member here .

juts wanted know what brings you back to India ?

Thread Starter #5
Well, coming back to my roots. Look to relax here, meet up with old friends , do lots and lots of travel and try to give something back to the society in general. My only disappointment so far - Wish car salesmen knew more about cars. Most appeared to have very little knowledge about cars, did not know how to give demos and sadly even cars which was sold - was used for test drive without the knowledge of the new owner!

Hello Raman,

Welcome to The Automotive India & have a pleasant stay.

Nice to know that you owned a Lexus & have booked Vento Highline.

Waiting for your ownership report.

Welcome to TAI Raman , looks like you will be the first Vento AT owner here in this forum! Waiting for an extensive report and pictures from your side.

hello icecool, welcome to TAI community and have a great stay. congrats on booking of vento!! when is delivery expected?? [:)]

Thread Starter #12
Actually the car is in the showroom for the past 3 days and it's all ready to go!! What's delaying is the transfer of funds from my bank.
I have paid a token amount to the dealer to hold the car and I hope to get delivery sometime next week.

350Z

Core Team
Hi icecool2010,

Congratulations for booking your Volkswagen Vento and Welcome to The Automotive India. Which other cars you have driven abroad? I look forward to read about some interesting drives and experiences from your end, and wish you have a great time with the new friend from Germany. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14
Thanks, 350Z. I have driven the Jaguar, Lexus IS and GS and ES, RX 300 and its hybrid cousin, and a few American cars(thanks to rental companies for that!) I have done a number of really long road trips and here is a list of a few of them: Distances are in brackets.

1) Houston, TX to Ottawa, Canada (1900 miles)
2) Ottawa to Toronto (300 miles)
3) St Louis MO to Houston (900 miles)
4) Houston to Seattle (twice) (2500 miles)
5) Houston to Phoenix, AZ (1200 miles)
6) Dallas to Indianapolis (900 miles)

All of my trips was done in my Lexus ES and the experience was simply breathtaking. The GPS system was my guide and it's on those long journeys you realize how good the road network is in the US. Very well planned rest areas at every 200-300 miles, clearly marked exits for gas stations, hotels etc and the scenery across states is something which has to be experienced first hand.

Hello Raman,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
Needless to say you have owned a really one of the most loved cars. Waiting for the ownership review of your Lexus ES300 with lots of pics.

Have a pleasant stay.

Cheers,
Akash

Top Bottom