Hi. This Is Satya From Gwalior

Thread Starter #1
Hi ALL,
I am Satya from Gwalior M. P. I am an auto enthusiast. I am very fond of Over-landing and camping in the wilderness. Like minded people please connect.

Hi Satya, welcome on board!
Overlanding in India is quite new a concept. Still, would like to know more about your overlanding experience; vehicle(s) you use, and how you pull out such trips?

Thread Starter #3
Hi Vipul,
Yes, over-landing is a new thing in india. Well to be honest we have all done it knowing or unknowingly at some time in our lives.
When any of us get a long weekend we think of going for a long drive or in my case Dehradun, masoori, nainital etc. But the thing is that we end up reaching such places where they tend to get overcrowded. This is what got me thinking. How do I go away from the crowd? So I started going further into the wilderness. That's when I discovered that I needed some adjustments for my car. So insted of 16 inch rims I had 17 inches fitted to my polo. That gave me a better ground clearance. The next chalange was to be able to menuver through rough tarane. That was easy. Just stick to the high ground. Don't let anything rub the belly of your car and you'll do just fine. Don't step on the gas out of panic when you are stuck. Get down and lighten up the car and if need be put some rough long pieces of stone under the tires to give it grip. It works.

Most of us in India are not aware of four wheel drives even though we have them. Well the fact is most of the roads are motorable by frount wheel drives.

When it comes to cooking in the open, well that was the easy part. Go to any remote place and you are bound to get water, potatoes, may be some green vegetables, and Maggie. And the rest is a few stones and dry wood with a lighter. It's doable.

Protection : I always carry a hunting knife ("a la Rambo") with me. Amd most of the times the places I end up going I make friends with the locals. So weapons are for protection against animals or snakes or cutting wood. But it helps to keep it with you.
Well there are so many more things to tell.
So many.

Top Bottom