Hi from Hemant

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am Hemant from Bangalore (currently).

Like most of them here, I am a Software Engineer.

I came across this forum when searching for car reviews, experiences when I started looking to buy a car and found the details covered on this forum, the quality and atmosphere quite good.

As I mentioned, I am buying a car and narrowed down to Figo or Punto (both diesel, top end, 76hp in case of Punto).

Most likely it will be today and Punto MJD Epk (some of the details of my thought process are here.

Thanks.

350Z

Core Team
Warm welcome to The Automotive India, Hemant. Congratulations for Punto - One of the best looking hatchbacks in market. We look forward to read the ownership experience as soon as the car is delivered. Have a pleasant stay on board. And please do not hesitate to contact us in case you need any assistance related to forum. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Hi All,

Thanks for your wishes.

Unfortunately I had to cancel my Punto booking as initially I wanted to buy through lease but then the quote I got form the leasing company lead to calculations which were adding risk for me at the end of tenure (due to EMI quoted was considering poor resale value for Punto, at the same time as per the policy the buy back amount at the end of lease tenure was not specified adding risk factor) which was unacceptable for me.

This lead to cancellation of my booking and thought of buying without lease. I requested new quote which came around 7,60,000 on road and currently waiting if price drops further due to year end. Else I have to look for a different options - buy a car on lease with good resale value or buy on own in which case my budget will decrease.

Hemant

Thread Starter #10
Yes, I was expecting more discounts on offer as per the information on the above link, but so far both Prerana and Concorde as well as FIAT India (yes, they have called me thrice now in last 10 days) are sticking to the price they quoted me at the start of this month (around 7.60 lacs).

In fact, the dealers told me yesterday that the Punto prices will be increased next month as TATA has already increased car prices.

I told them that if FIAT increases the Punto price, I will drop plans of buying Punto and go for other car.

Hemant

Top Bottom