Hi From a New Member

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone out there at TAI. I would like to introduce myself in the orthodox way:

>Real Name: Rahul (Naam toh suna hi hoga) [:D]

> Hobbies: Singing, Traveling, Driving

> Occupation: The normal fare: IT Industry

> Hometown / current location: Delhi/Pune

> Vehicles owned / driven / wish to own (And why?): In our family in Delhi we have always owned Maruti cars: M800 (1994-2009), Esteem 1.3 Vxi (2005-Present), A-Star (2009-2015)
Currently I drive Punto Evo 90 HP Sports (2015-Present) and Vespa S 125 (2014-Present). I am bitten by the Italian charm which made me buy these beautiful machines [:)]

> Reason for selecting this username (if different from real name): It was the first time when I exposed myself to turbocharged car when I bought Punto and it has kept me intrigued since then [:D]

I would like to learn from the current members and at the same time contribute to the auto forum.

Hello Rahul Sir
Welcome to The Automotive India

I am Gautam Jain.
I must say you own awesome machines.

I am studying in grade 12, so no occupation. We currently own Tata Manza Quadrajet and Honda Activa 125. Tata Tiago to enter to our garage soon.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Welcome to TAI bro,
Have a pleasant stay.

Turbos have really caused a revolution in Automotive world. One can't live without em now. Most Impressive ones are VGTs.

Thread Starter #6
Hello Rahul Sir
Welcome to The Automotive India

I am Gautam Jain.
I must say you own awesome machines.

I am studying in grade 12, so no occupation. We currently own Tata Manza Quadrajet and Honda Activa 125. Tata Tiago to enter to our garage soon.
Thanks Gautam. Tata Tiago is a brilliant product. Congrats [clap]. BTW is it petrol or diesel?

Welcome to this forum.
Hope you have a great time here.

Enjoy.
Thanks Karthik for the warm welcome [:)]

Welcome turbothingy! Hope you have a great time with the rest of the TAIgers [;)]
Thanks Driver [:)]

Welcome to TAI bro,
Have a pleasant stay.

Turbos have really caused a revolution in Automotive world. One can't live without em now. Most Impressive ones are VGTs.
Thanks bro. Cant agree more wrt turbos. Now I cant see myself driving a NA car in the future [drive]

Great to see your collections of italian beauties. Had a plan to pick Punto Evo last year but fell for baleno. Trully turbos are the feature. Apart from diesel, with more petrol engines are coming with turbocharger I feel like after 5-7 years people may not prefer even a petrol motor without a turbocharger.

Thanks Gautam. Tata Tiago is a brilliant product. Congrats [clap]. BTW is it petrol or diesel?
Thank you Sir.

After multiple test drive, Tiago won my heart. Petrol was peppy enough for me but diesel is just awesome. Had no budget constrains so booked Tata Tiago XZ Revotroq (Diesel) XZ in Berry Red.

Thread Starter #9
Thank you Sir.

After multiple test drive, Tiago won my heart. Petrol was peppy enough for me but diesel is just awesome. Had no budget constrains so booked Tata Tiago XZ Revotroq (Diesel) XZ in Berry Red.
I guess after Safari, its the Tiago that strikes well with the heart. The home grown diesel has decent grunt[:)]

Great to see your collections of italian beauties. Had a plan to pick Punto Evo last year but fell for baleno. Trully turbos are the feature. Apart from diesel, with more petrol engines are coming with turbocharger I feel like after 5-7 years people may not prefer even a petrol motor without a turbocharger.
Thanks bro. Yup, market is moving towards turbo even in petrols. After all with a turbo, one can match the performance of engines with higher displacement, have better FE and still be low on emissions. A few turbo petrols that we have in our market currently under 15 lacs:
1) Ford Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost
2) Maruti Suzuki Baleno 1.0 Boosterjet (Upcoming)
3) Fiat Linea T-JET 1.4
4) Abarth Punto/Avventura/Urban Cross 1.4 T-JET (upcoming)
5) Volkswagen Polo/Vento 1.2 TSI: If only it was available with manual transmission [roll]
6) Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI

A few turbo petrols that we have in our market currently under 15 lacs:
1) Ford Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost
2) Maruti Suzuki Baleno 1.0 Boosterjet (Upcoming)
3) Fiat Linea T-JET 1.4
4) Abarth Punto/Avventura/Urban Cross 1.4 T-JET (upcoming)
5) Volkswagen Polo/Vento 1.2 TSI: If only it was available with manual transmission [roll]
6) Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI
Isn't Tata Zest qualify in the list ?

Thread Starter #12
Isn't Tata Zest qualify in the list ?
It does, but it doesnt feel like the rest because of lower torque figures (for a turbo petrol) and drivability oriented engine tuning. The Bolt sport idea which is now shelved was rumoured of having a higher output Revotron engine. Now as Bolt was unable to do good numbers, the latest report suggests that the fantastico would be launched in this sports avatar. That should be some fun [:)]

The petrol motor of Zest is not turbo charged. Only the fiat sourced MJD in zest is turbo charged by default
You are mistaken my friend. The revotron 1.2 is turbo charged.

Top Bottom