Hi From a Hatchback Seeker From Gurgaon!

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone, happy to be here!

I've been scanning the Net for reviews on hatchbacks and have test-driven Liva, Figo, Brio, Micra and Swift. After another close look at Swift ZXi tomorrow, I'll have to take a final call. I'm upgrading from Alto LXi, and those on my shortlist as of now are Brio VX MT and Swift ZXi. I'm reading through the user feedback I can find here on these models to make a more informed choice.

Hopefully, I'll feel brave enough to post notes on my experience of TDs and the final selection sooner rather than later [:)]

Jyoti

Hello Jyoti,

Welcome to TAI. Its nice to hear that you are going for an upgrade. Well you are brave enough to TD 5 cars in such a short span so it will not be an issue for you to type in your TD experience. Please go ahead and post your feedback which will be useful for others who are planning for a fresh buy. :-)

Welcome to TAI Jyoti. I hope you will have a nice time here and enjoy being here. :)
P.S. I had a sister namely Bala Jyoti. She had passed away 22 years ago when she was 16. [cry]

hi Jyoti

i have driven all cars in your list except Micra, & you have shortlisted very good cars, both of these have there own quality & +vs & -vs

lets start with Brio(these are by my opinion, may be i am wrong in some points)

1. Easy to drive, i am also from gurgaon & know how difficult to drive a car with low outside visibility. brio offer very good all around visibility so its very easy to go through traffic.

2. Interior space- very good space inside, any one will surprise when found so much space inside a small car like Brio.

3. smooth engine - power delivery is smooth, engine response is good.

4. Honda reliability - owning a Honda means peace of mind with good quality product.

-vs

1. Brio looks small then swift from outside.

2. small boot space - never able to carry big things in boot.

3. music system - i don't like the basic mp3 unit & speakers they use in Brio & Amaze. if Honda give option to upgrade to a touch screen mp3 unit with component speakers then i think i will good for both Honda & car buyers.

4. equipment list - less as compare to swift ZXi.

Now for Swift Zxi
+vs

1. looks great from outside - its bigger then brio & give good road presence.

2. comfortable interiors - seats of swift is more comfortable then brio.

3. equipment - list have some more goodies then Brio.

4. Drive - on bad roads i found that swift handle them easily as compare to brio, its more stable.

5. Boot space - it offers 200L of boot space, its little higher then brios's .

-vs

1. Poor all around visibility - as compare to brio driving a swift in Gurgaon is not so easy.

2. Black interior - may be many people like black interior but i will prefer some cool colored interiors, it gives more airy feel to cabin.

these are the things that i found in both cars, its my point & may be i am wrong at some poins & i suggest you to match yours requirements & hear from your heart. As per me both of there cars is very good & give hassle free driving experience.

350Z

Core Team
Hi Jyoti. Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. Feel free to open a separate topic on car buying dilemma and it’ll be our pleasure to assist. Good luck and keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Jyotib and a very warm welcome to The Automotive India. As 350Z has suggested, please start a separate thread for your car hunt.

Kindly go through the rules and policies of the Forum in the Announcements section before you start posting. Feel free to contact the Support Team in case you require any assistance.

Welcome again and happy hunting,

Regards,
Sam

Hi Jyoti a Very warm welcome to TAI!
Enjoy your stay here and look forward to your active participation.

Best Wishes
IR

Thread Starter #8
Thanks all. As advised, I'll start a thread on my car research.

@Parveen, appreciate your take on the 2 shortlisted models. Will share my views against the thread that I'll start.

Top Bottom