Profession: IT>Banker>Real estate Strategy> god knows

Rides i have owned till now:
Hero Winner 1998 (sold)
HH Splendor 1998
TVS Victor 2002
HH Karizma R 2012 (sold)
Hyundai i10 1.1 era 2008
Mercedes w124 E220 1997 (to be sold)

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hey Vikram, a very warm welcome to The Automotive India. Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

Wow, you have some pretty nice cars & bikes in your garage. Mercedes w124 E220 is a pure enthusiast's car. Would love to read an ownership review on this one. Do plan to write on this beauty you hold in your garage.

Do visit the Announcements section and get accustomed to the rules and regulations of the forum. Get in touch with the moderators if the need be so.

Regards
GM88

Last edited:
Hello Vikram! Welcome to The Automotive India.

Nice bunch of rides you have owned over the time. Love the Mercedes Benz E220, it is one of my favourites. Please do start a thread on it and add pictures!

Do go through the rules and regulations of the forum before you start posting. See you around!

Regards,
carfreak97

Thread Starter #6
Dear All,

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.
The W124 is a great car and I am lucky to be owning a fine example. Only difficulty I faced was to source a nice example at a reasonable price with clean papers ( I checked no less than 40-50 cars for two years). Restoration was a pleasurable experience and honestly spares weren't that expensive.

W124 is indeed very reliable, it'll never let you down and you will make to your destination even after any issue has cropped up.

There is no status symbol thing attached to w124 anymore. I would say one should buy it as an example of exceptional engineering rather than for snob value of the three pointed star.

Being in real estate, I have been fortunate to experience lots of exotics but no other car feels so special to me as my w124. ( I might be biased here, but that is how I feel). Yes, w140 is a different story altogether.

I would suggest fellow members to at least test drive and enjoy being driven in rear seat in a w124. ( Pretty easy- go to dealer as a prospective buyer having one in stock, even if its in bad shape). I remember my first test drive- somewhere in busy bylanes of Bandra noisy afternoon- car was absolutely horrible- No A.C., chrome alloys (film star owned),still one drive and I could never think of buying anything else- which finally happened after 2 years.

I need to sell it only because I am planning to move out of Mumbai( major career change) and cannot really afford to keep it. It is still my love and I will again buy a w124/w123/w126/w140 when I can. Nothing else is as pleasurable

Please do let know if you have any questions. I am still learning and will try my best to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
Adding Some Pics as links are not allowed

Attachments

Seems to be in super shape. How many kilometres on the odo?

Man had I been in ANY city in Maharashtra, I'd have bought it off your hands TODAY. Full cash.

Please start a thread - people need to know more about this last of the built-out-of-a-billet Mercedes.

And here's a pat on its fender from my side[:)].

Thats one heck of a clean W124, a very warm welcome to TAI!
I can literally feel your pain selling this piece!

Have a nice stay here!

Best Wishes
IR

Thread Starter #10
Seems to be in super shape. How many kilometres on the odo?

Man had I been in ANY city in Maharashtra, I'd have bought it off your hands TODAY. Full cash.

Please start a thread - people need to know more about this last of the built-out-of-a-billet Mercedes.

And here's a pat on its fender from my side[:)].
Thats one heck of a clean W124, a very warm welcome to TAI!
I can literally feel your pain selling this piece!

Have a nice stay here!

Best Wishes
IR

Thanks a lot for appreciating my car. I will soon start a detailed thread.

@ Sam: Who says you cannot take it to MP, I can have a gentleman's agreement that you pay me a part of the money( say 50k) only if the car makes it to MP without any major glitches.[:)] I am confident you'll confirm me that money even before reaching.

W124 mine or any one else's is super reliable, It's an honorable old man that may throw up small glitches because of age, but will never fail you.

That is nice.

Was that diesel or petrol and was the FE you used to get for such a big car? (Typical Indian question you know[;)])

Thread Starter #12
That is nice.

Was that diesel or petrol and was the FE you used to get for such a big car? (Typical Indian question you know[;)])
Its Petrol,
In Mumbai traffic it gives 6-8 kpl
On highways if one drives in 5th gear around 90-110 kmph, it'll give 16-18 kmpl. Its true.

Okay it consumes fuel, but overall its not expensive, i excels in maintenance, reliability, spare prices and depreciation expenses

Top Bottom