Hi Everyone!

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am CARleone, from Bengaluru. I am a software consultant working in one of the MNC[;)] .
I love Automobiles, May be CAR, BUS, Truck, humble Cycle you name it. I love them all.

I currently Own Alto k10 VXI, Yamaha Gladiator and Btwin Rockrider 5.2[:D]

I am looking forward to own VW POLO GT for its sheer performance and built.

Looking forward to be part of such a huge informative forum and contribute my 2 cents wherever possible.

My Best,
CARleone

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Car Leone, Warm Welcome to The Automotive India. It is humbling to know your love for automobiles. Have a great time here and do participate actively on the discussions here. Have a read of the announcement section of our forum buddy for enhanced posting ease.

Regards

Akash

Hi Carleone, welcome to the forum !! Have a pleasant stay here and do share your thoughts. I hope you get your dream ride POLO very soon so that you can tell us your buying experience.

Don't know but i simply like your handle "CarLeone" [glasses]

Welcome aboard CAR'Leone', putting aside everything; your username is the most interesting part for me. :biggrin:

Why only Polo GT? Is it TSi or TDi? What are your requirements and budget? Please do share with us some of the thrilling moments of reaching the decision.

Buy a red GT, Leone will look great in that! :stupid:

Thread Starter #7
Welcome aboard CAR'Leone', putting aside everything; your username is the most interesting part for me.
First of all, Thanks

Buy a red GT, Leone will look great in that!
I wish, I could do that now. But its a long term plan though.

Why only Polo GT? Is it TSi or TDi? What are your requirements and budget? Please do share with us some of the thrilling moments of reaching the decision.
Thanks God, My K10 is not aware of this love affair. You know, it would have been a tough time convincing her, she is my first love.[;)]

Jokes aside, Its a long story. I hope it won't be boring.

Me and my friend(He is not that fanatic about CARS as we are) were just discussing about different CARS and their power and I was backing Punto because of its built and power. I had driven POLO(GT was unknown to me then), but Punto had somehow won my vote, May be because of its pickup and looks. That was it.

After 1 month or so there was my friends wedding 100 KM from Bengaluru, this Guy loans his uncle's GT TDI for our ride.You know why, to prove me wrong. I wish I had not driven[frustration]

Man, whatta power, Handling, Ambiance in pilot seat!! I was in Love. Hard to explain the feeling. That was when I decided- GT TDI is my next ride, to hell with cost of vehicle. Late than never, I will own a GT.[evil]

GT TSI, I haven't driven it yet. I feel TDI is economical when compared to TSI for daily run.

Yes, very often I trouble him to loan the GT for weekend drives.

Long story long, I love POLO GT!!

Thanks for asking,
CARleone

I have less experience with GT versions but Polo 1.6 I have driven quite a bit.a friend of mine used to own one (which he later replaced with a Honda City i-vtec. It was one heck of a car but I was never happy sitting on its backseat. In fact a Polo is not a good car if you want two 5'11" guys to sit inside one behind another. Either driver will be uncomfy or the one behind him.
Performance was awesome and Si was handling, we have once beaten a City and a Verna altogether; they were racing together and overtook us by surprise and then we did the same.

Still considering the net practicality and us ability; my bias is towards Vento or Rapid. If a petrol can do and I am short of budget then toyota Etios Liva 1.5 is there as a perfect tool for fun at low price.

Rest you already own a small kid who offers loads of fun on road at high revs; thrills can't come cheaper, really.

Top Bottom