Hi All

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

New to this forum .
Just brought a Mahindra Scorpio Mhawk Micro hybrid vlx 2009 and i own a chevrolet cruze ltz automatic diesal .
Have a few issues and would like expert input on the same

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Dr. Viyala. Welcome to TAI. It would be nice to know more about your vehicles and hobbies. Please feel free to begin a thread in our technical section for any technical query in regards to your cars.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Hi akash thanks for your reply .i have already started a thread .not exactly sure on wether it was in the correct manner .
whereas hobbies are concerned i am very much fond of d technical part of d vehicles . have since childhood travelled in various suvs as my dad did not believe in sedans and hatchbacks . A few unike ones were
1) 1978 jonga modified to a scorpio 6 seater
2) mm540 modified to a armada grand mini ac 5speed di
3) orignal classic mahindra
4) mahindra pickup personally made by my dad in his own workshop with complete seatin in d rear

My thread of scorpio is already active .wish the gurus can help me with my issues
thanks

Doctor sahab ! Welcome to TAI family [clap]. Do share your experiences about owing your vehicles. I am waiting for your ownership reviews specially of Chevy Cruze .

Thread Starter #5
Hi soroya
thanks . The chevy cruze and scorpio both hav been bought on d same day
chevy cruze diesal ltz auto is for my bro who has a daily runnin of around 150km .veery good car really comfortable . Bought from a dealer in mumbai 2011 31k on d odo .
had some minor work whch was done by the dealer before. Dilivering the car. Its a charm . Though a poor average of 6.5 to 7 in city .
Let me know if you own a chevy too

Welcome to the forum, Dr.Jviyala. A crisp introduction from your side.

Nice to hear that you have bought both the cars on the same day! It happens very rarely. The average of 7 kmpl is low for a Cruze, as it's a diesel. Try changing the driving style to match the diesel engine needs, in case your brother was driving a petrol before.

Do create ownership reviews of both your rides in the appropriate section. Get familiar with the forum rules to have a smoother experience.

Regards,
Nikunj

Thread Starter #7
Thanks niku .
he used to drive a swift vdi earlier and this is the first automatic car in the family
So driving a diesal was never an issue .

Welcome aboard Doctor Saab, Cruze diesel is already famous for poor FE it offers in City, just tell your brother to lighten his foot on the right pedal in city and your Cruze will easily give 10-12, higher than that isn't expected in the diesel rocket.

Owing a beast like cruze we always expect great power but can't expect great FE . Beast says, " FEED ME MORE".[evil]
Yes i own a Chevy too. It is Optra 1.6 petrol. Luckily giving 13-14 kmpl easily [glasses]

At turtle speeds, you won't get more mileage, as the car will also be in lower gears. This is the condition we face in bumper to bumper traffic. Since yours is an automatic, you can try going at economy speeds (on the higher side though), in which the Cruze will just shift at the top gear. Maintain that speed with constant throttle input for some time, the MID FE will surely rise.

In my Dzire MT, the FE shown on the MID goes from as low as 7kmpl (2nd gear, 80kmph) to 30kmpl (5th gear, 40kmph). So, it basically depends on the speeds you are doing. Driving with minimal throttle input at highest possible gear brings more FE.

OT: Lakhvir brother is also getting some great FE from 1.6. [:)]

Regards,
Nikunj

Thread Starter #13
Thanks niku . I have event posted the issues in my scorpio in mukeshus thread reading scorpio technical issues and solutions .i had created a thread even but they were deleted by the admin stating duplicate .now none of my threads are alive .
request you all to please read those issues on scorpio too and provide your expert advice

Brother the threads are deleted, I know. But, it is because a thread already exists for the Scorpio problems and you have to post in that thread only (avoiding the confusion caused in case of one thread for each person).

Admin has deleted your threads and moved your post (regarding the issues) to the existing thread.

Below is the link (Post 215) :
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...chnical-problems-solutions-15.html#post446632

You can use the "Search Thread" function to search for the issues, if they have already been discussed in the thread. I am no expert in the technical part, but will comment on the part I can understand in the thread itself. Other wise, you will surely get some advice from other Scorpio owners.

Again, go through the forum rules for a better experience.

Regards,
Nikunj

Top Bottom