Hi All, New Here.

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I am the newest member of the forum. I'm new to you, but the forum and discussions are not new to me - was following for quite some time.
I am not a car expert, that's one reason for the delay in me joining the forum.

I love cars and long drives. I have a Fiat Punto (2009), one of the first ones in India. I have done multiple long trips in this car - Mumbai-Bangalore, Mumbai-Trivandrum, Bangalore-Trivandrum etc - the most recent one in January.

Hope to meet like minded people online and in person. I am originally from Kerala and now stay in Navi Mumbai.

A very warm welcome to TAI Johnyboy (ohh i never thought i would put it that way!)

Have a nice time here and look forward to your active participation and travelogues.

Best Wishes
IR

350Z

Core Team
I am not a car expert, that's one reason for the delay in me joining the forum.
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. This forum is open for all. You don’t have to be an expert to join. Anyways, nice to meet you. Have a nice time here. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

INTRODUCTION

Hello JohnyBoy, welcome to The Automotive India,

That was a nice intro of yours, oh my and there's no limit for the punters to join this forum! i'm unable to count the punto owner's here again, anyway welcome to this wonderful forum and have your fiat presented to us by means of a beautiful ownership review, being a long term too.

Have a nice stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance.[:)]

Thread Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome, friends. Thank you Iron Rock, appus, VivekRj.Dieselhead, 350Z, bReeze AkA brIo, Vishwas.

As I mentioned, I’m not a technical expert in car matters. But love driving. Doing it for last 16-17 years, most of it outside India and with automatic cars. Have driven extensively in USA (covered most of the east and west coast roads in 3+ years) and Malaysia (almost every place there in 5 years). From US and Malaysia, used to drive to Canada and Thailand and done quite good amount of distance in these countries. Driven few kilometres in Singapore and Nigeria. So have experience of driving in 7 countries including India. I have done close to 45,000KM in my Punto in last 3 years.

Have crossed borders in car in 3 sets of countries (USA-Canada, Malaysia-Singapore and Malaysia-Thailand). Would like to drive to any country bordering India – Pakistan, Nepal? No idea about this Would like to get more info from the group and experienced members.

I hope I will be able to contribute to the group. Definitely like to meet the members in person.

Thanks again for the welcome.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard on TAI. Hope you've a wonderful stay in here. Do write an exhaustive review of your Punto, probably the first on this forum from the first batch.
You know what, our forum initially was flooded with Fiat Punto owners. Some links to the early reviews:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-punto-red-emotion-mjd-2-years-ownership.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...m-came-home-punto-emotion-pk-1200km-done.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...buyers-saga-initial-ownership-experience.html

Would like to drive to any country bordering India – Pakistan, Nepal? No idea about this Would like to get more info from the group and experienced members.
I don’t think it’s legally possible to drive between India and Pakistan. Anyways, we all are surely eager for this project: (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ians-will-able-drive-thailand.html#post167348). :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13
Thanks 350Z for the info on the Myanmar-Thailand highway. This is news to me.
It will be wonderful to drive across countries and spend couple of weeks on the journey.
Hope this will come true without much delay.

Top Bottom