Hey Auto Enthus

Thread Starter #1
This is ClassiCAR here. Felt very happy being one among you guys [:D]. I'm working as a Design Engineer. I"ve always had the passion for autos since childhood. Finally found the right place to express, share, know more, and yes of course "enjoy"[clap].

In my garage you can find:
A honda city ZX, an Amby markII, a Pulsar 220 and my very first, a CBZ.

Hope I'l have a good time over here.[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ClassiCAR,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. You seem to have a really classic garage. I am looking forward to reading the ownership report of your Mark II and ZX. Please feel free to contact our team incase you require any assistance. Enjoy your stay aboard.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #3
Yep sure Akash, i will. My mark 2 is the one left by my grandpa 2 yrs ago. The city zx is my first car bought in 2007.

Hello Classicar,

Welcome to THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA[clap],

Hope you will share more details about your Amby & CBZ[;)]

Have a pleasant stay here[:)]

Thread Starter #6
thank you AppU. I will surely have a very pleasant stay with such a warm welcome.
I will definitely share more details with some nice pics as well

Thread Starter #8
thanks Theferrarifan. I work as a design engineer in a private firm. My job is to design the acoustic enclosure and the the chassis of mobile diesel generators. I would like to know more about Vikram auto.

Thread Starter #10
My Amby is a 1964 mark II previously owned by my grangpa. My grandpa was the 2nd owner, who brought it in 1993. He upgraded from the original engine to toyota 1c and gearbox (5 speed), as the older engine was almost dead. And also an addition of an air conditioning unit needed a much powerful engine. It also has air brakes that perform very well. Will upload some more good pics.

Attachments

thanks Theferrarifan. I work as a design engineer in a private firm. My job is to design the acoustic enclosure and the the chassis of mobile diesel generators. I would like to know more about Vikram auto.
The vikram auto and other vehicles was sarcastic [lol].
So did you do industrial design?

Thread Starter #12
TAI 2.jpg

TAI 3.jpg

TAI 4.jpg

TAI 5.jpg

TAI.jpg

The car needs serious restoration work which I am very much looking forward to ( as you can see, there are a number of original parts missing). But for sometime now, unfortunately due to a busy schedule I was not able to start the restoration. Also it is quite hard to get the original items in Bangalore( I have hunted almost everywhere in Bangalore, but found some rotten parts which were not fit to work on). Right now I have some other committments due to which I am just running the car as it is ( soon after I got the car, I replaced engine oil, oil filter ,air filter, diesel filter and also all the fluids like gear and differential oil etc). Engine is smooth and peppy, transmission is creamy and I get an average of around 12-14kmpl in city with A/C on. Running board has a lot of rust.

I have got plans of starting the restoration project most probably next summer (MAR/APR 2013) when I wont have work pressure as I am having right now.

In the meanwhile, I will hunt for the following:
1) headlamp rims
2) Tail lamps
3) Sunshade with clamps and chrome strips
4) Steering wheel
5) Smiths meters

Please comment on the car and I kindly request your valuable suggestions and guidance on restoring this classic of the 60's

No, I graduated as a mechanical engineer. And also working as one, which includes design as well as some production.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very warm welcome to TAI classicar, thats one nice you have there.
Have a nice stay here at TAI and look forward to your active participation, for the Amby restore, i suggest you open a new thread.

Best Wishes
IR

Thread Starter #15
any amby enthus out there? please respond

CBZ pics will take some time AppU as it is not in town right now. Will get it for u soon

Top Bottom