Hertz vs JBL vs Infinity

Thread Starter #1
hey guys im stuck in major confusions over which brand to use in my ice.
i like crisp clear music; sound quality and reproduction is the major importance i dont like loud music.
ok so now heres what happened i shortlisted a hertz ep4 amp, hertz esk165 components, not yet decided about the rear round speakers
now my dealer says jbl 4ch 800w is the best amp. hertz is just assembled and a waste of money.
components he says infinity's reference 6 inch comps are the best and hertz is just assembled.
i need your guys views on this
i have a budget of 20-25k no woofer i dont wanna sacrifice boot space nor have a disco
prefered music : trance, DnB, psytrance, rock and metal

hey guys im stuck in major confusions over which brand to use in my ice.
i like crisp clear music; sound quality and reproduction is the major importance i dont like loud music.
ok so now heres what happened i shortlisted a hertz ep4 amp, hertz esk165 components, not yet decided about the rear round speakers
now my dealer says jbl 4ch 800w is the best amp. hertz is just assembled and a waste of money.
components he says infinity's reference 6 inch comps are the best and hertz is just assembled.
i need your guys views on this
i have a budget of 20-25k no woofer i dont wanna sacrifice boot space nor have a disco
prefered music : trance, DnB, psytrance, rock and metal
I hope someone more experienced help you here , as we have been talking around for a while.

Which JBL 800w amp he told?
if it's GT5 series , i say no as they are comparable to sony
GTO series are good but they are costly.
Infinity ref series should have been good but i dont think hertz is bad either.
and no idea about hertz ep4. So still all confused [confused]

and i dont understand what he want to tell by saying "assembled" !!

Thread Starter #3
the jbl amp is around 6k gtx646 infinity comps are rs5200 infinity ref6530cs on the box its written 9900 btw he says sony n pioneer n jbl are branded rest assembled leaving bose
jbl is a class am amp and hertz is class d i suppose

Last edited:
the jbl amp is around 6k gtx646 infinity comps are rs5200 infinity ref6530cs on the box its written 9900 btw he says sony n pioneer n jbl are branded rest assembled leaving bose
jbl is a class am amp and hertz is class d i suppose
you mean this amp - JBL GT-X646

then i will definatley say no . it's cheap product. and i doubt they will heat just like sony amps.
in addition you are going to use all the channels for speakers ...
so there must be the below settings in amp for BOTH front and rear
1. Input level [you can set it according to how loud sound you want - at 2 ohm it will be the loudest]
2. Frequency [more bass-low frequency | more treble-high frequency-- as i have sub in my car i put it at 250 hz but you can set it for 150 for some midbass]
3. Bass boost [if speakers are not good at louder volume lot of distorsion if you set it higer, I keep it at 0 dB]
4. Low pass/high pass filter. [more important] - as you need to set all channels at high pass for speakers.

Without the above settings you wont be able to set your speakers according to your need. and you will get lot of distortion at higher volume.

why dont you ask for JBL GTO504E ? .... your budget is good and even you are not going to buy HU/sub/monoamp...
in 25 k you will get the best. why you are buying JBL gtx amp then ? [confused]

Its not like jbl is class A and hertz is class D.
Class A is old aged. Now all new amp are class AB

Class AB are specially for speakers usually they are 2/4 ch and they can handle 2 Ohm or higher. They produce less distortion at higher frequency compare to class D amp but they cant handle low frequency of bass as good as class D does.

Class D are monoamp for sub , they are mostly 1 channel and they can operate at 1 Ohm [so they double the output compare to class AB's 2 ohm] . In addition they have bass optimization and remote control. but at higher frequency they produce lot of distortion so cant be used for speakers at all.

JBL gtx and hertz ep4 both are class AB.

infinity ref6530cs at 5200 rs... looks good deal. i will check them out too. thnks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
i knew it was seeming cheap. but he managed to convince my financer(dad) that jbl is the best i even saw made in china label on the amp. The assembled thing got to my dad and pissed me of.
dad told me in the end do whatever you want just no voiding warranties or modifications
so at the end what should it be hertz amp or jbl? im fine with infinity compos.

i still prefer you JBL GTO 504E. - should be around 10k or less
or if you wish to pay more JBL GTO1004E- i got it for 13.5k

they will not heat and they have all the settings i told you above except for subsonic filter that is present in my sony amp. but it has no effect on sound. It's just for safety purpose and not needed actually..

and even your dad got belief in JBL , it will be easier for you to convince for it .

hertz,polk and rockford are the brands in which if you spend higher then you will get good stuff. but in low budget , they provide very basic products.

I agree with you for infinity , and i will buy all 4 infinity speakers too in my car. confirmed.
what attract me in infinity speakers are
their material quality , woofer cone material especially in kappa series , +/- 3 dB adjustable tweeter , and sound quality.

i wish some more people join this discussion , but nobody is helping here i guess.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
the truck was last tracked near pune a few hours back so hope fully tomorrow btw you have facebook pm me your profile link if you do
polk rockford hertz are quality stuff. you get sq in their range i just dont know why he says assembled
btw my dad got belief in bose

Last edited:
the truck was last tracked near pune a few hours back so hope fully tomorrow btw you have facebook pm me your profile link if you do
polk rockford hertz are quality stuff. you get sq in their range i just dont know why he says assembled
PMed you.

i told you they dont get those stuff easily so they tell us it's not good. and even it's matter of their profit margin too.

Infinity Ref. compos are very good set of speakers, most vfm in price range and you are getting very good deal no doubt.jbl gt5 s644 is the model no. its a good amp but not best.
you can have a look at kenwood 4ch amp(5-6k) or Auditor 4 ch amp(6k) both are very good amp and best in class(price range).
infinity kappa amp are very costly in India Mrp. is 40k and market price is approx 28-30k.
they available for $300 in USA.

Infinity Ref. compos are very good set of speakers, most vfm in price range and you are getting very good deal no doubt.jbl gt5 s644 is the model no. its a good amp but not best.
you can have a look at kenwood 4ch amp(5-6k) or Auditor 4 ch amp(6k) both are very good amp and best in class(price range).
infinity kappa amp are very costly in India Mrp. is 40k and market price is approx 28-30k.

@nickandre

ya you should check out kenwood amp too.

i am shortening your list
Kenwood KAC 9405 or
kenwood KAC x41

and speakers - [still dont feel like buying it instead of infinity]
KFC-S1793 | Speakers | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation
KFC-X1730P | Speakers | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation

@cooladitya007
i dont know about auditor but my friend got auditor amp and replaced it for 4 times in his i10 , every single piece had some problem. like in 1 of those out of 4 , 2 ch were not working. it can be coincidence. Finally he has bought powerbass [pb] amp . which is thankfully working good till now

Last edited:

Top Bottom