Hero Moto Impulse - Initial Ownership Experience

Hey guys just got my Hero Impulse yesterday and I have some feedback that I would like to share with you guys.. The real time experience, Negative & Positive feedback's.
Buddy, dont mind my replies to your negatives, its gonna be on a bit harst tone [:D]
Negative feedbacks ::

1) The first and the foremost problem with this bike is that you need a good height to ride this beast. My height is 5.7" and I can just touch both my feet to the ground. The minimum height required is 5.8 - 5.9 " to successfully touch both your feet to the ground comfortably.
This bike is not intended to be ridden by a person who can put his both foot down (while on the saddle), so dont worry until you can put your legs comfortably, one on a foot peg and the other down on the ground.. if it conforms, then its like tailor made for your riding, on rough terrains.
2) There is no center stand. (You heard it right no center stand. Very difficult to park the bike especially when there is small place and you can only fit your bike on center stand.)
All of us (rally/mx/offroaders) curse them, so PEACE
3) The silencer position as you all know is a good style but the person sitting behind is likely to touch his legs. Its actually rare but if you are riding with two other people the third person is at 99% risk of touching the silencer. (Its damn HOT even though its covered)
Dude... this bike is not made to take your gf or bf or simply any friends on the pillion... the rear saddle is merely a requirement for the homologation stuff and to sell it as a two seater bike, chill..
4) The rare indicators are not well placed. Its positioned too much outside.I mean since this is a heighted bike, a fat guy (small heighted person) trying to sit behind you will likely to break the indicators. (90% chance).
refer above #3, problem solved
5) The showroom people will never give you the knuckle guard. They are only advertising it and they actually never gives.
who wants those cheap stuff, get as per your need, atleast that will look out different from the others giving your bike a unique look.
6) I cannot comment on the average right now but I will test it perfectly and will give you a proper feedback on it.
Forget average, I am releived like hell that I finally got my (ours) prayers answered.. A production offroader on 2 wheels.
7) The mirrors are small as compared with Pulsar and Yamaha FZ.
I was actually thinking of installing those cheap and tiny mirrors which used to be fixed on the cycles from the nearby cycle stores, just to keep the conformity to ride on rallies [lol]
8) A little bit of wobble at top speed. Its not as steady as Pulsar and Yamaha FZ. I have drove at 100 KMPH.
ride your previous beauties on the trails of your new offroader, and then give us an update... I have ridden p150 on a couple of rallies last year & i know the fact.. PEACE
9) Low power as compared to Pulsar and Yamaha FZ. A pulsar 150 cc or Yamaha FZ can easily overtake during start up and on top speed.
Hmmmm, we want power, but still the torque of an enfield wasn't enough during my highschool days, and I have taken royal treatments from my dad to screw around his bike...
10) Driving it on rainy season will be a headache. The front tire splashes 99% of the water directly on to your feet. Very irritating.
WE LOVE IT [evil]
11) The front disk wire is located directly above the digital meter. It actually spoiling the front look. i.e Digital meter.
AGAIN, WE LOVE IT... AN YZ machine on Chidambaram kinda budget
12) It lags grip as compared to Yamaha FZ and Pulsar. I am using pulsar and Fz comparison because I have 2 more bikes. i.e Pulsar and FZ.
who wants grip offroad... we drive to loose control and still riding on and on...
POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

I don't need to comment on the positive feedback as we all know its a mud type bike, good suspension, awesome looks, silent engine, etc. So now you have all the information you need for this bike. Take a wise choice.
Buddy, get along some serious dirt biker and he will teach/guide you how to enjoy this beauty.. basically its not a sissy bike, and I assume that you do not fall in that group.
Now, its all +ve for me man, am saving all my money, even tea/evening-break funds to get it asap.. I want this bike so bad, that I dont want to test ride it until a day I would buy/book it

Hi!

I've just completed my first year at college and planning on getting my 2 wheeler license and a new bike!

I was really impressed by the Impulse's looks and the fact that it has an ''off-road'' suspension as this will come in handy as the route to college is filled with craters of all shapes and sizes [frustration] and also that it stands out [glasses].

Do you think its a good idea to take the impulse as my first and only bike ?! I will need to take friends on the pillion occasionally, Will the exhaust be a real issue ?! Also how bad is it during rains ?!? Also saw some comments regarding the grip of the bike! Getting a little worried now [confused]

If not the impulse as the first bike, what else do you suggest in the sub 1Lakh range ?!

No problem in having Impulse as your first bike. Yes,rains would be all over your clothes. I suggest you start a separate thread on your purchase dilemma.

Thread Starter #19
I would suggest you dont buy it. the fact is that when you try to take a steep turn in a wet surface there is a high possibility that you would fall. also believe me I am using this bike from last 6 months and I would suggest you dont take the same. its upto you now... :)

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Impulse gang [:D] and would like to know if I should go ahead with it as this would be my very first bike.

I read the reviews and feedbacks and found them really interesting. Want to know more from you all on this.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Impulse gang [:D] and would like to know if I should go ahead with it as this would be my very first bike.

I read the reviews and feedbacks and found them really interesting. Want to know more from you all on this.
I have heard that most Hero dealers are not stocking it anymore. Give your Hero dealer a call and ask about it.

Personally, I like this motorcycle; so I'd say go for it, but do take a test ride first to see if you like it/whether it suits your requirement.

Thanks for reply buddy :)
I was actually looking out for a city ride bike, and might go offroads as well..but not too often. As a first bike I feel this would be a good one.
But I heard that the engine gets heated up after some time and the mileage also drops down. So I'm a bit confused in going ahead with it.

one thing for the Impulse owners. regarding the water spray from the front wheel you can simply use the splash guard from Pulsar rear wheel and use it on the front wheel of Impulse. i've done the same thing on my Impulse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom