Hero Honda Splendor Modifications !!

Thread Starter #31
I dont want to beat a RX100 or any bike. Just happy with the current setup. For beating bikes and scooters, I have my modded Kinetic.
Just asked whether I can do anything to fit the bore.
I dont want to attract police by putting FFE, FF Air Filter, etc etc which produces a lot sound. I think you heard the present sound. It is louder than a Stock RTR!!!

Yes,Much lowder than the Stock RTR.Anyway you are going to sell her man ? Then why are you planning to do something again ? Anyways,For you Age a 50cc Bike will be no problem and Cops won't interfere.So,You can Get a TVS 50,Add lotsa Mods like FFE with Expansion Chamber.etc (Mr.Boss can help you out in 2 Stroke Modding) and you can make her produce 9 Bhp for Rs.5000.I'm sorry to be rude but it's the only way my friend,Play Safe

Thread Starter #33
9Bhp?!?!?[lol]
Today's joke is here![clap]
Man, how can you bump the power from 3Bhp to 9Bhp???
A whopping 6Bhp upgrade by simple putting expansion chamber, FFE, FF Air Filter?

9Bhp?!?!?[lol]
Today's joke is here![clap]
Man, how can you bump the power from 3Bhp to 9Bhp???
A whopping 6Bhp upgrade by simple putting expansion chamber, FFE, FF Air Filter?
Nothing is Impossible,bro.And I never mentioned ONLY with the above mods.An RD 350 HT has been Modded to produce 60 Bhp (Can't believe me ? Go to youtube,Search RD 350,See Top-gear's tribute ).I don't know how they did that.I don't even know what is Engine Tuning. But what I am saying is You CAN do it.I have seen 50cc 2 Stroke Mopeds doing 0-60 in 5 Seconds Flat !

Thread Starter #35
You can extract 10-15Bhp more easily from a SBK (not mentioning RD350 is a SBK) with little mods but try those mods in a moped. You can hardly extract 2Bhp. Its a different game when modding mopeds.
Can I know Which 50cc 2stroke moped does 0-60 in 5 secs FLAT?

You can extract 10-15Bhp more easily from a SBK (not mentioning RD350 is a SBK) with little mods but try those mods in a moped. You can hardly extract 2Bhp. Its a different game when modding mopeds.
Can I know Which 50cc 2stroke moped does 0-60 in 5 secs FLAT?
Yeah OK Bro.But it's worth a Try.The Moped was a Racing Moped.

Thread Starter #37
HandleBar Modifications!

I am thinking of replacing the existing handlebar with some other handlebar.
Considered:
a) Pulsar UG3 HandleBar
b) FZ HandleBar.
Suggest me more.

Which one can I use?[confused]

Re: HandleBar Modifications!

I am thinking of replacing the existing handlebar with some other handlebar.
Considered:
a) Pulsar UG3 HandleBar
b) FZ HandleBar.
Suggest me more.

Which one can I use?[confused]
Depends on your requirement and the issue you face with current / OE handlebar. IMO FZ handlebar will neither add looks nor comfort in Splendor. Pulsar handlebar is widely used when the requirement is little shorter than the OE one.

PS: Was there a difference between UG2 & UG3 handle bars?

Thread Starter #39
@ Mr.Boss
This is quoted from a xB*p post:
2. Handle-bar: I think this should be an easy mod to do and not too much of a danger as well, except say a bit of lower back-pain coz the seat & footrests are not designed to let you sit in a leaning posture. However, I've seen lots of people do this to their Splendors and Passions. The Pulsar UG3 handle (also called the 'first Digital Pulsar' by shop-keepers ) would be a better choice than the older pulsars. Make sure you only purchase genuine stuff from reputed Bajaj outlets so you don't get cheated.
I even saw that Mr. Deville_56 suggested RD handles to use in Splendor here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheelers/13007-bike-handlebar-back-pain.html#post296421

I am also considering Duke 200 handles.

Budget is ~500.

Guys.., Anybody tried downsizing the rear sprocket of HH Splendor+?
Guess it runs on stock 44T and I would like to downsize it to 42T just to keep the revvs low in the 60-70 kmph range.
I am aware that downsizing the rear sprocket would take a direct toll on the acceleration and pick up but i can live with it.
Any inputs..??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43
Answers:
1) It is getting old and the look has gone(chrome tint). And I began to hate the high cruiser like position.
2) a) Short
b) Wide (suggest me which one handles well)
c) Suggest me also here which one handles well.
"handles well" means, taking quick cuts, cornering fun, etc.

a) Short
b) Wide
"handles well" means, taking quick cuts, cornering fun, etc.
Short & Wide combination will lead to back / elbow / wrist pains (speaking from my experience with various bikes) For taking quick cuts narrow handlebar is better. Best choice for splendor will be Pulsar UG2 (or UG3 as you preferred, I doubt both should be same) handlebar. If you want much narrow one, chop off an inch either side.

Top Bottom