Hero Honda Splendor Modifications !!

Thread Starter #1
Hey there,
It is just boring to drive the (silent) Splendor aka. My Pegasus.
Decided to modify it[:D]
I know you all will shout at me that "This bike is not meant for modifications" and "Modifying it will spoil its gentleman nature" and etc etc but I am limited and I can''t afford a new bike. So revive my '97 Splendor with modifications!
I am going to modify it simple like air filter, carburettor, silencer, etc but I won't open up engine and do any mods like reboring, porting, shaving as these are out of my budget.

Planned things:
- New Aftermarket Air filter : Ordered HP Air filter for Splendor Plus 42mm. It will get delivered tomorrow (5-Sep-2014).
- Upjetting.
- You tell me more!!!

Share with us some pictures of your ride.
You can plan a repaint too for your splendour.And as amit said a wider set of tyres, headlamps can be planned.

Thread Starter #7
Really a clean and better mod job ever seen on HH Splendor.
Do you know the Quote of this bike?
It is mentioned 75K in the ad!!![frustration]
I will buy an Apache straightaway for this cost rather having a 100cc bike with Apache's discs[sleep]

Hey Bro,I can help you out here but First things first.I need to know what is your Maximum Budget you will be spending for Mods in your Pegasus.I saw your pics of the bike bro.All Indicators gone,RVM gone,Engine and Gear case looks ugly as Paint has Peeled off.The Tyres have worn out,Stickers and the Logos are damaged.So What I am telling you these is Your bike must look in a good condition before you start modding it.So,Please condition your bike.I can give you some tips.Check the Carburetor for Blocks and Clean it,Check the Engine and Exhaust system for Carbon deposits and Decarbonize it,Check the Wiring for cuts,Cracks,Loose ends,Check the Lamps or Bulbs for Fused ones as they will affect the Wiring very badly,Check Rust,Bend,Dent and Corrosion in the Frame,Body,Metal parts,Dont forget to get Brand new sticker set for it,peel the old ones off and install the new ones (Get the one with HH as without a honda,It is a humiliation for the dear splendor with just the Hero sticker),Also peel off unnessasary stickers from the bike.After all these,Go Get yourself New Tyres.Remember to get a Fat rear tyre.You gotta raise the hieght of the back so that Fat tyre can Show off :biggrin:And as you increase the hieght,you may have to lean forward so go for Split Handlebars,It will look and feel good.Go Paint your Engine and Gear Cover.Don't Forget to highlight the 'Hero Honda' in Bright white colour bro.Check the Meters (Speedo,Ful meter.etc) and get them Cleaned,Accurated and Fixed.Get the Carburetor upjetted while installing the HP Air Filter or you won't notice The Boost but inturn you will also have a whooling sound from the Engine.I also have this crazy idea.Try to get the Enfield Short bottle Exhaust and Fit it into your Pegasus and See... No,Hear the Difference bro. [evil]
You also got to check your Oils.Make sure they are not Dark in colour.Re-lubricate the Drive chains with new oils,grease and Make sure they are not too loose or tight.Tighten every bolt,Nuts.etc but change every bolt that has rusted as the will spread and start eating the bike slowly.Finally,Get Amaron leakproof battery.If you still want to do mods,Go for the current gen splendor Alloys,Tail lamp, and Headlamp.Other than that I have Zero Knowledge.You can ask our great Mr.Boss about performance mods,As he has experience and will know about them atleast 10 Times better than me.You can go see his thread on his RX resto and Modding.Ge Has done something with the Teeth of the back wheel saying it has an effect on the Pickup or Top speed.Finally,Tune your Bike to Recover Lost mileage figures without losing Performance figures bro.But remember,If you dont maintain your bike and just go for Mods,It will be in the Wierd Modjobs section in No time my friend .Thank you

Thread Starter #9
Hey Bro,I can help you out here but First things first.I need to know what is your Maximum Budget you will be spending for Mods in your Pegasus.I saw your pics of the bike bro.All Indicators gone,RVM gone,Engine and Gear case looks ugly as Paint has Peeled off.The Tyres have worn out,Stickers and the Logos are damaged.So What I am telling you these is Your bike must look in a good condition before you start modding it.So,Please condition your bike.I can give you some tips.Check the Carburetor for Blocks and Clean it,Check the Engine and Exhaust system for Carbon deposits and Decarbonize it,Check the Wiring for cuts,Cracks,Loose ends,Check the Lamps or Bulbs for Fused ones as they will affect the Wiring very badly,Check Rust,Bend,Dent and Corrosion in the Frame,Body,Metal parts,Dont forget to get Brand new sticker set for it,peel the old ones off and install the new ones (Get the one with HH as without a honda,It is a humiliation for the dear splendor with just the Hero sticker),Also peel off unnessasary stickers from the bike.After all these,Go Get yourself New Tyres.Remember to get a Fat rear tyre.You gotta raise the hieght of the back so that Fat tyre can Show off :biggrin:And as you increase the hieght,you may have to lean forward so go for Split Handlebars,It will look and feel good.Go Paint your Engine and Gear Cover.Don't Forget to highlight the 'Hero Honda' in Bright white colour bro.Check the Meters (Speedo,Ful meter.etc) and get them Cleaned,Accurated and Fixed.Get the Carburetor upjetted while installing the HP Air Filter or you won't notice The Boost but inturn you will also have a whooling sound from the Engine.I also have this crazy idea.Try to get the Enfield Short bottle Exhaust and Fit it into your Pegasus and See... No,Hear the Difference bro. [evil]
You also got to check your Oils.Make sure they are not Dark in colour.Re-lubricate the Drive chains with new oils,grease and Make sure they are not too loose or tight.Tighten every bolt,Nuts.etc but change every bolt that has rusted as the will spread and start eating the bike slowly.Finally,Get Amaron leakproof battery.If you still want to do mods,Go for the current gen splendor Alloys,Tail lamp, and Headlamp.Other than that I have Zero Knowledge.You can ask our great Mr.Boss about performance mods,As he has experience and will know about them atleast 10 Times better than me.You can go see his thread on his RX resto and Modding.Ge Has done something with the Teeth of the back wheel saying it has an effect on the Pickup or Top speed.Finally,Tune your Bike to Recover Lost mileage figures without losing Performance figures bro.But remember,If you dont maintain your bike and just go for Mods,It will be in the Wierd Modjobs section in No time my friend .Thank you
Bro, I clearly told that I don't have good budget and I said you what happened.
Just thinking of stripping every thing which puts up weight and increases pickup except engine, frame, seat and wheels![evil]
No battery, no alloys and nothing! I dont want looks. I want performance!!!

Yes,You are right It will be helpful for you.Just lose some weight.Remove the Awkward Grabrail,Saree guard and the whole Exhaust except for the Bent pipe or the Manifold.In that Bent pipe place the RE Short Bottle Exhaust which is also an FFE for the bike !! The Engine note after this is sweet music to ears bro !! You can drop one teeth in the front sprocket to increase Pickup or acceleration power,Drop one or 2 teeth at the Rear sprocket for better Top end or Top speed.You have to upjet the carb after installing the HP Air filter.You can also reduce length of that Airfilter Pipe and make the Filter sit Outside which will help the Filter to get more air,Inturn the Engine will breath easier resulting in better Performance !! It will also look cool.Like this bro

a.JPG

a1.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Yes,You are right It will be helpful for you.Just lose some weight.Remove the Awkward Grabrail,Saree guard and the whole Exhaust except for the Bent pipe or the Manifold.In that Bent pipe place the RE Short Bottle Exhaust which is also an FFE for the bike !! The Engine note after this is sweet music to ears bro !! You can drop one teeth in the front sprocket to increase Pickup or acceleration power,Drop one or 2 teeth at the Rear sprocket for better Top end or Top speed.You have to upjet the carb after installing the HP Air filter.You can also reduce length of that Airfilter Pipe and make the Filter sit Outside which will help the Filter to get more air,Inturn the Engine will breath easier resulting in better Performance !! It will also look cool.Like this bro

View attachment 146137

View attachment 146138

Thanks bro!
I will be buying a Black spray paint can soon and will paint the engine black!
I have made some holes in silencer and the sound is loud enough now.
Can I just remove remove the air filter pipe or I want to cut? Because if dad doesn't like it, then i will place old air filter and transfer the HP filter to my Kinetic directly!!

Don't forget to paint the Gear case too bro.Higlhight the Hero Honda in white.Try small brush to write over it bro.It will be useful.I have heard blowing holes in the Exhaust is bad for the Engine bro.And regarding the Air filter,Yeah,I think you can remove it.Go to Mech and ask him about that and he will remove it for you.If he says he can't,ask him to cut and mold it for you.Let the Air filter breath easy :biggrin: I enquired for the RE Short Bottle silencer and he says it is possible to fit and he says it will cost Rs.1.5K..Is that budget OK for you ? Thank you

Thread Starter #13
Don't forget to paint the Gear case too bro.Higlhight the Hero Honda in white.Try small brush to write over it bro.It will be useful.I have heard blowing holes in the Exhaust is bad for the Engine bro.And regarding the Air filter,Yeah,I think you can remove it.Go to Mech and ask him about that and he will remove it for you.If he says he can't,ask him to cut and mold it for you.Let the Air filter breath easy :biggrin: I enquired for the RE Short Bottle silencer and he says it is possible to fit and he says it will cost Rs.1.5K..Is that budget OK for you ? Thank you
No RE Bottle silencer bro! Cost is above my head.
I may get the air filter tomorrow and try to remove the pipe.

Yeah you can try removing the Air filter pipe.I also think as the Air distance to travel will become shorter which inturn provides better throttle response.Beware don't use itnaked when it is raining,Water roads as water can get through the Filter and so,In rainy or very dusty times,Place the pipe back.If it is very hot or cold,Place it outside soit will help the engine breath more air bro.Sell some parts from your bike which you will be strippibg off.It will help you save some money.Or try to go for a Parttime job like me bro.Thank you

Thread Starter #15
Yeah you can try removing the Air filter pipe.I also think as the Air distance to travel will become shorter which inturn provides better throttle response.Beware don't use itnaked when it is raining,Water roads as water can get through the Filter and so,In rainy or very dusty times,Place the pipe back.If it is very hot or cold,Place it outside soit will help the engine breath more air bro.Sell some parts from your bike which you will be strippibg off.It will help you save some money.Or try to go for a Parttime job like me bro.Thank you
OT: Which Parttime job do you do bro???

Top Bottom