Help Selecting Speakers For New Swift Dzire VXI

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts, I am a new member and this is my first post in this forum.

I want to change the speakers of my new Dzire VXI. I dont have any plan yet to change the factory fitted Head Unit and addition of amplifier.

I have three options in my mind...

1- Infinity Reference 6502IX 6.5" Component speakers in the front and Infinity Reference 6500CX 6.5" Coaxial in the back!

2- Infinity Reference 6502IX Component speakers in the front and Polk Audio DB651 in the back!

3- Infinity Reference 6502IX Component speakers in front and back both side (in back with or without tweeters for deep bass).

Requesting all of you to please reply ASAP so i finalize and buy the best speakers for my car.

Last edited:
You have messed up here, 6502 ix is not component its coaxial & 6500 cx is a component. No. 1 option is good pair as both pairs are 3 ohms impedance. I would not recommend No. 2 option because Polk DB651 is a 4 ohms impedance speaker, its very important to match all 4 speakers with same impedance. If you want Polk DB651 then pair it with Kicker ES65.2 KICKER - ES65.2 - 6.5 Inch Component Speaker System - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Polk DB651 will produce more clarity & quality sound than infinity.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply i10grand.
I am apologizing my typing mistake.
What about the combination of Polk's DB6501 & Polk's DB651?
Is this combination better then Infinity Reference combination in terms of deep bass & crystal clear voice with default HU and without amp??

Polk DB6501 & Polk DB651 is very good combination These are 100W RMS & 60W Rms respectively, another combination that i would suggest "Focal IS165 & Polk DB651" focal is165 is 70W Rms. But without amp these speakers will be in danger. , your HU or any after market HU have max Rms of (22 w X 4) inbuilt amp which cannot handle these powerful speakers. You can fry your HU, Here you are under powering the speakers which is bad.
If you have finally decided not to install Amp, then consider speakers which are not more than 40w Rms. Rockford Fosgate speakers will be good one to go with your HU without installing Amp.
Please let me know your budget so that i can suggest an Amp within your reach.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade speakers in Dzire ZDI, my budget is somewhere around 35k and the products which I have short listed are

1 component Rockford P165-SE or should I go with DB 6501 component
2 coaxial (oval) Rockford p1694 (or Kicker 11KS693) or should I stick to round 6.5 speakers i thought with oval speakers i will get more bass without using the woofer.
3 Amplifier Rockford R300X4
4 Wiring Kit Scosche e400s
5 Line Output Converter Scosche slc4
6 Damping Sheets 3 sheets sound stream

Please share your views Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom