Help regarding 'Projector Lights' for Suzuki 'DZire'!

Thread Starter #1
I wanted to know which car's projectors will fit in my DZire's fog lamps?
Also can it be done? I mean is it possible to do that thing?
I might do a DIY if the plan succeeds. How much will be the approximate cost? Also if any one has some references for the same; would be be very helpful for me.

Thanks!

Amandeep Singh
aka
Gears1313!

Projectors in fog lamps? Hmmm i have not seen one car like that till now , maybe i have not noticed one yet!

But why projectors in fog lamps?

Thread Starter #3
Projectors in fog lamps? Hmmm i have not seen one car like that till now , maybe i have not noticed one yet!

But why projectors in fog lamps?
Hmm nice question.
First of all I dont want to mess up my headlamps with a DIY.
Secondly foglamps have a seperate switch which can be turned off when wanted. I will go with projectors with HIDs so will switch it off in high risky areas full of cops; simply because I dont want my dad stopping for silly reasons. So whenever wanted lights can be turned off.
Also foglamps are rarely used for actual fogs here in mumbai. I am sure if I can manage to fit a projector with HID, those will me enough for me to give me light on road.[roll]

Gears, You dont need to have a DIY kit for headlights, since it's possible to fit aftermarket projector headlights of Swift in D'zre.

It's just a plug n play setup.
Installing projectors in fogs got it's own pros and cons.
When doing so the main thing to note is that it should be waterproof. Since many after market projectors have this problem. Considering the road conditions of India, it will be very hard to maintain the fogs. You have bad roads (flying stones), monsoon, and occasional cats and dogs running around.
The first thing to get damaged will be the fogs since it's closer to the ground.

Plus, you are investing a lot on this. So it's kinda risky. If you use 4300k HID's with projectors in headlights, it shouldnt be a problem since these fall under the legal category of the color temp.

Else, you can try to use HID's in fogs.

Cheers.!

Use only hid in fog lamp.

If you plan to put projector , i hope the projector is fog lamp size , else it must be a tight fit.

Even i have this plan.

Fixing them in fog lamp is same as fixing in headlamp.

After market headlamp with projector is a diy process of regular seller . As they do them daily there work is neat , that is the difference.

I hope your requirement is white light throw
i hope just by installing a 6000k hid in fog lamp , you will be satisfied.

It's possible to install projectors in fogs. See the pics below. But as Ilango had mentioned, it will be a tight fit.

Since you are looking for max visibility, you need to stick with 4300k HID's

Yes that will be more than enough! I have seen few Swift's like that , they drive with only HID'S in fog lamps with their headlamps OFF , that itself will be very bright.

Choose between 4300K and 6000K.

Thread Starter #10
Hey thanks a lot naveen, cooldhaya and ilango; for your precious and helpful comments.
I think you all are right and I should drop the plan of projectors in foglamps. Instead I should go for HIDs on them.[roll]

BTW how about Angel eyes around the round fog lamps, as shown in the pics posted by naveen?[evil] How much should those cost?

Hey thanks a lot naveen, cooldhaya and ilango; for your precious and helpful comments.
I think you all are right and I should drop the plan of projectors in foglamps. Instead I should go for HIDs on them.[roll]

BTW how about Angel eyes around the round fog lamps, as shown in the pics posted by naveen?[evil] How much should those cost?
Anytime buddy.
The ones showed in the pic got projectors like the one I have in my headlights. It's possible to install just angel eyes. You can buy them online. I have come across these in many sites. It's like a neon tube that you see people use for decorations and stuff. But dont know how well can it be fitted in the fog light assembly since the space is too small. Also, this angel eyes wont be visible when the fog lights are switched on since HID's are really bright.

So in a way, it's just adding cost. What you could try is installing a daytime running light. Not the usual low quality ones. am talking about the ones seen in Porsche.

See pic.

Good ones can cost you some 4000Rs.But you can get much cheaper ones from dealextreme.com.Just have a look at it.[:D]

hi naveen
i want to install these type of drl in my fluidic verna.can u pls tell me what will be its cost and will they look nice .
thanks
Philips DRLs will be expensive. Starts from 4000. The ones I have is chinese made and came around 300/-. These are really small. But I got a bigger one also which came around the same price.

Top Bottom