Help Regarding Delhi Trip - Must Visit Places

Many tourists choose to visit Agra on a whistle-stop day trip – made possible by the excellent train services from Delhi. However, Agra’s attractions are much more than can be seen in a day, and if you have the time you can enjoy several days’ sightseeing with side trips to Fatehpur Sikri and Mathura. The best time to visit Agra is during the winter season between November and March when the weather is at its best. The city has a lively but chaotic chowk and plenty of places to stay and eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I'm travelling to Delhi after mid October for my business trip. Since, it's my first time there, I have no idea what I can do or enjoy there post my work. I have checked 10s of websites including tripadvisor.com and tripalong.co. However, I'm not sure what will be open for experience and what not due to Covid. If anyone here is local, kindly guide me on this.

My stay here will be for 9 days least and most likely to expend by a week or so. I'll be visiting there from Mumbai; However, yet to book my stay which I have no idea about either. I connected to there Tripalong customer service department to get some ideas on hotels. Got me a bad luck that they don't serve hotel, big facepalm for my genius to skip checking it first. Although, the support person was quite nice and suggested me some names but I found out that it's quite costly.

So, currently, I want to know two things, what I can do there and where can I stay (some cheap but good place if possible). I'm quite excited for my visit and just got to know from my mum about the upcoming festival season and I might get to enjoy a few things.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You can check Paharganj area. Best place to get some decent priced hotels plus you can enjoy the old Delhi things. Also has metro connectivity so you can roam around anywhere.

Hotels costs around 1000rs-2000rs per night. You can check rates on make my trip application but call the hotel directly for a better deal since you wil be staying for long duration.

But please do take caution because of Corona. There are some containment zones in Paharganj plus it's always crowded. Best option will be to book a hotel on the main road and not in the alleys.
Check Google maps for the location plus reviews.
Do this and will further help to tell what all things to do.

@allhyundaicars thanks a lot for advice. It sounds awesome to me including the prices.

However, as you mentioned about the containment zones in Paharganj, can you suggest me one more location apart from it? So, I'll be able to pick what's best suitable considering the safety measures as well.

Thanks a lot again.
Gracias

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Pharganj is very big and they just seal off one alley in among hundreds present there. All my business associates book a hotel there so it's still your best bet since the place is central delhi. Another location is Mahipalpur but it's best if you have work nearby airport or gurgaon that's it.

Hotels in Paharganj

Screenshot_20200929-164744.jpg

Top Bottom