Help Regarding Car Stereo For Tata Manza

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so please dont go hard on me if I make a few mistakes in this first thread of mine.

Getting to the point, I own an Indigo manza quadrajet bs iv. It doesnt have speakers installed near the rear/back of the car and I intend to install a set of speakers in those two empty slots.
I have no idea how to go about it.

1) I read somewhere that I should know the size of the speaker slot (5" or 6" or something else)? Is that true or any size speakers can be installed in those 2 slots ? If I need particular size speakers then what size system is expected for tata manza ?

2) Will it be ok if I install new speakers in just those 2 slots and leave the remaining default speakers as they are ? Will there by any problems like time lag between output caused by this ?

3) What will be approx installation cost of two speakers ?

4) Suggest A good set of speakers (2 speakers as there are 2 slots) under INR 3500

Thanks for the help in advance. Please forgive me for my stupid questions.

Thread Starter #2
Actually I was considering the price of each speaker as 3500. My total budget for installation and equipment is 8000.
I am confused so as what should I exactly do /
1) Install 2 extra speakers in the rear ?
2)Replace the 4 speakers on each door ans sell them for some cost which will add to the budget - what price am I am looking at ?
3)Add a sub woofer ?
4) Replace HU ? I dont think thats required because I am just looking for sound upgrade and not ambience
5) Do something else ?

@Trueblue.

Welcome to TAI. I presume you own Manza Aura version. Which year does your car belong to?

You can go for stereo upgrade. How may speakers does the stereo support as of now ? I guess it should be 2+2 (doors). In that case you might need to fore go the two back door speakers and install oval speakers at rear shelf.

Provision has been made to install oval speakers by TATA.

I would advise you to go for JBL- GTO speakers, check below -

JBL Car Audio: Car Speakers

Price should be within 3500/- per pair.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the reply @ anshuman8
I bought the Tata Manza aura saffire bs iv (petrol) in 2011.

I have not made any changes on the stereo so I believe the default one supports 4 speakers (2+2 on front and back doors)
Since I am not interested in changing the HU - I believe I should go for replacement of those 4 default speakers with the ones which u ve suggested.
But I was wondering how much could I make out of selling those 4 default speakers so that I could add a cheap sub woofer.

Also how much would be the installation charge for all of it ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply @ anshuman8
I bought the Tata Manza aura saffire bs iv (petrol) in 2011.

I have not made any changes on the stereo so I believe the default one supports 4 speakers (2+2 on front and back doors)
Since I am not interested in changing the HU - I believe I should go for replacement of those 4 default speakers with the ones which u ve suggested.
But I was wondering how much could I make out of selling those 4 default speakers so that I could add a cheap sub woofer.

Also how much would be the installation charge for all of it ?
You will get nothing by selling those 4 speakers. Period.

That is why I suggested you to replace 2 by JBL ones and retain 2. It would improve SQ by leaps.

Also I doubt the HU will support Sub woofer. Check with other members.

Lastly installation charges should not be more than 0.5-1.0K

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #6
You will get nothing by selling those 4 speakers. Period.

That is why I suggested you to replace 2 by JBL ones and retain 2. It would improve SQ by leaps.

Also I doubt the HU will support Sub woofer. Check with other members.

Lastly installation charges should not be more than 0.5-1.0K

Cheers,
Anshuman
Could I have a precise link for the speakers ?
And is there any particular reason why you suggested to retain 2 of the default speakers. Cant I get all 4 of them replaced with decent ones under 8000-9000 ?

Yes, obviously you can. 2 round ones (front door) - 5.25 inches and 2 oval ones (parcel shelf) should cost you around 5-5.5K. Try buying online from snapdeal, ebay or flipkart. Get them installed from any accessory shop.

Thread Starter #8
What size would be ideal for front and back doors respectively ?
I saw jbl gto 949 was for 4.5k but it is 6 inches so would it be ideal ?
Also I couldnt find more than one or two 5.25 inch speakers.

Thread Starter #10
if the door can take only 5.25 inch speakers then how did u fit the 6 inch gto 949 in ur manza ?
Can I do the same ?

I recommend putting speakers on the parcel tray.
I think having 6 speakers in that size car is not required.
Your setup should be like this.
JBL in the front.
JBL on the parcel tray.
Incase if you like big base then go with jbl entry level 12” sub with jbl 646amp.
Try buying all this from the local market. They will give you very good discounts.
The discounts may go till 40% on the MRP.
if the door can take only 5.25 inch speakers then how did u fit the 6 inch gto 949 in ur manza ?
Can I do the same ?

Thread Starter #13
I am wondering if that 5.25 inch JBL would prove beneficial or not. The reviews it has say that its not powerful.
So do u think it would be advisable to go for gto 949 + 105w jbl 5.25 inch or would it be better to keep 2 of the default speakers and only add the gto 949 pair and save money for future upgrades
Since u are having them on your car - did u find a substantial difference between the 5.25 u recommended and the default ones which come with the manza

Last edited:
I am wondering if that 5.25 inch JBL would prove beneficial or not. The reviews it has say that its not powerful.
So do u think it would be advisable to go for gto 949 + 105w jbl 5.25 inch or would it be better to keep 2 of the default speakers and only add the gto 949 pair and save money for future upgrades
Since u are having them on your car - did u find a substantial difference between the 5.25 u recommended and the default ones which come with the manza
I have Manza Aqua, so it did not come with any OEM HU or speakers.

That is what I suggested you at first, forgo two speakers at back door and install JBL GTO at parcel shelf.

Thread Starter #15
Ok, thanks.
But why do you advise to keep the back door speakers and why not the front ones ? Since the jbl gto will also be at the rear parcel shelf so wouldnt it make the sound concentrated towards the back ?

Top Bottom