Help Regarding Car Stereo For Tata Manza

Thread Starter #18
I am driving most of the times. Thanks for the link to that thread. How can I confirm that the default HU doesnt support 6 speakers ?

Here is my ICE setup in my Vista,

I installed parcel tray at rear and installed Infinity primus co-axial speakers there & I disconnected the rear door speaker connection to get the full effect of Infinity speakers.

In front, I still using stock speakers & tweeters. though, I'm not satisfied with it, I'm using it.

But,I increase two points on rear.so, rear speakers were leading the front speakers. So that I'm getting excellent bass effect & clarity in voice.

When I'm driving alone, I increase to three points on rear, so that I'm getting wonderful bass effect and When I'm doing long trip with parents, I keep FWD points to '0', so that front and rear speakers deliver equal amount of sound. In this case I'm getting normal bass and triple. that makes the journey pleasant.

I may change the front door speakers in future. But, I'm satisfied with the current ICE setup in Vista.

During Our TAI meets, our guys wondered about the quality of BASS produced by stock headunit & speakers[;)]

Here is my thread for more information: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...d-vx-1-6-years-40k-kms-odo-16.html#post222777

Thread Starter #22
Thanks a lot guys !!!
One final query - if I decide to remove all 4 default speakers, I need suggestions to what should I install in the front door cowl ? Should I go with a 4inch pair or a 5.25 inch pair ?

Suggest a good option for front door speaker pair under 2500

Last edited:
Uptill now, this thread is all about ICE addition and ICE subtraction and not about ICE upgrade .
Adding 5th and 6 th speaker will just add to number of places from the sound is coming and just a small improvement in SQ.

Let me know what kind of music lover you are? eg. Music with BASS, good drum beats. Or you love to listen to the voice of singer?
or you like to listen the music arising out of instruments such as flute, guitar, violin etc. (answer can be in terms of always, never, usually, rarely.)

Thread Starter #25
I listen to rock and metal music and I have also started playing drums.
I am looking for a balanced system with slight inclination towards the lows/bass but it should not come at the cost of distorted/unclear highs and mids.
In a song, I always look for drum beats.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@tb,That's great, Do not add 5 th and 6th speaker at present.It is like building slab of seventh floor before the floors bellow.
Adding these speakers would improve SQ, but you won't be satisfied.
According to likings expressed by you, you need to add subwoofer +amplifier.

If you want new and reputed brand, you need to increase your budget to Rs 10 to 12 K(at least) This should satisfy your needs however if you still feel that the sound quality is inadequate then you can add the speakers, tweeters etc.

Thread Starter #27
Would all of it - adding sub + amp + replacing speakers fit under 10-12 k ?
Or only the sub + amp would be 10 k on its own ?
Do you think after installation of a sub and amp, there wont be a need for replacing default speakers ?
Plus what if the default HU wouldnt support a sub addition ?
Then there will be more expenses which I cant afford at the moment.
ATM, Max I could afford is a 10 k upgrade nothing more as I am still a student and not earning.

Last edited:
Would all of it - adding sub + amp + replacing speakers fit under 10-12 k ?
No, for a branded (pioneer) speakers good quality but basic model you will have to spend 3 to 3.5k per pair extra.
Or only the sub + amp would be 10 k on its own ?
Yes, and around 2k extra for good quality wires (no compromise allowed here) and installation charges .
Do you think after installation of a sub and amp, there wont be a need for replacing default speakers ?
It depends on your experience after you fit the sub and amplifier. I mean for a budget conscious buyer, only sub +amp should satisfy him . As satisfaction is subjective, I know one panto owner who spent 1.8 lac Rs for upgrad ing the ICE.
Plus what if the default HU wouldnt support a sub addition ?
Yes, manza(2011) HU doesn't support a sub directly, but installation of amplifier solves this problem scientifically.
Max I could afford is a 10 k upgrade nothing more as I am still a student and not earning.
10 to 12k budget is for Pune prices, Research in your city, you might get it at 10 k.
Preferably go for blaupunkt sub and amplifieras stock HU is blau punk.Pioneer is also a good quality budget brand. JBL is generally costlier than these brands.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
I think all of it would just blow up my budget.
Getting a sub + amp doesnt seem to be on the cards as its going well above 10k.
I think I should take it step by step here -
First go with a decent pair or speakers under 5k and later on when I have another 15k - go for a sub+amp.

Another option that lingers in my mind is if theres a way to install a 6 inch speaker pair in the front door cowl ? Because I believe that if I could get such a combination with 6.5*9 at rear parcel shelf + 6 inch at front door then I might even skip the sub + amp deal but I need to be sure if the HU is even capable of powering such a system.

Skipping sub and amplifier won't give you adequate bass for sure however good speakers you go for. Speakers would only increase SQ a little more than stock speakers.
Ideally amplifier (4 chanel) is required to get better music from speakers also.

Top Bottom