Help! Pink Ribbon Left Marks on Bonnet

Thread Starter #1
Hello fellow TAIgers,
On 27th July 2014, we brought a new member in the family, our White crusader, the 2014 Honda City. The entire buying story is a different story altogether and will share it some other time. For now, I require help of you fellows.
So, we all know during the delivery the car comes decorated with a ribbon on the hood. since, my mother liked the car with the ribbon as it makes it look new, we had not removed it. Now, due to rain and getting wet, the ribbon lost its colour and as a result a light pink V-mark has appeared on the bonnet of the car [cry] which I noticed today only. Now, how do I get rid of it? Will washing it with any good car shampoo like Formula 1 car shampoo help? Or any other advice? I want to get it rid of it As soon as possible as I am afraid that it may become permanent! If needed, I will post the pictures tomorrow. :help:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Help Needed, Pink colour ribbon mark on the bonnet.

Don't panic at all. I've faced the same issue and even removed some tough stains of Holi colors from my car. Get a car shampoo, mix with warm water and repeatedly rub the affected area using a microfiber cloth. Hopefully it will disappear. If not, repeat this process for a few minutes everyday for a week and it'll work.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was timely requested by
A small request, try to remove those ribbons of the hood of your machine. With rains and water cleanings, it would make impression on the hood which at times gets difficult to clean up.
& hence was saved from it.

Please keep posted the result with options already explained. Also awaiting detailed decision making process, initial purchase experience & initial ownership review with pics.

Hi, dont panic just spray some WD40, and leave it for some time and wipe clean, you will need to repeat this procedure, if stains still remain.

Thread Starter #6
Don't panic at all. I've faced the same issue and even removed some tough stains of Holi colors from my car. Get a car shampoo, mix with warm water and repeatedly rub the affected area using a microfiber cloth. Hopefully it will disappear. If not, repeat this process for a few minutes everyday for a week and it'll work.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thank You. Will normal hair shampoo like clinic plus, head n shoulders work? What is the problem if I use them for long term? Since, I live in a sub-urban area I will have to order a car shampoo online which may take some days to come. Also, any recommended car shampoo? I was thinking of Formula 1 wash and wax but not sure if I will get the genuine product

If youre unable to remove them take the car to the nearest 3M outlet.
Not possible as I live in a sub-urban area between Lucknow and Allahabad. I think the nearest 3M outlet from here is Delhi/Noida.

I was timely requested by & hence was saved from it.

Please keep posted the result with options already explained. Also awaiting detailed decision making process, initial purchase experience & initial ownership review with pics.
Sure, will keep posted. Currently I have two ownership threads pending one for the Crusader (my city) and other a long-term ownership thread for my lovely little Matiz. Accompanied with acute shortage of time, these threads are going to take some time coming into existence! :biggrin:

Hi, dont panic just spray some WD40, and leave it for some time and wipe clean, you will need to repeat this procedure, if stains still remain.
I am a novice in car detailing. So, what is WD40? Also, can you get me any link to buy it online?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
I am using Amway car shampoo for my Vento and Indigo. It removes dust, dirt and grime very easily and leaves a pleasant smell for 2-3 days. Try to order it from Amway online or any other shopping site.

It will definitely help in removing the left over marks.

Thread Starter #10
I am using Amway car shampoo for my Vento and Indigo. It removes dust, dirt and grime very easily and leaves a pleasant smell for 2-3 days. Try to order it from Amway online or any other shopping site.

It will definitely help in removing the left over marks.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have bought PROKLEAR RAW Xtreme Rinseless/waterless wash for now. I have tried it once and did lighten up the mark.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have bought PROKLEAR RAW Xtreme Rinseless/waterless wash for now. I have tried it once and did lighten up the mark.
Don't panic, I had faced same issue.

Any shampoo will remove it, but don't try to remove it at first attempt itself. Try once or twice a day for next few days. I did same and it was gone in a week or so. [:)]

Thread Starter #13
Oh! Great..

From where did you buy one?
I bought it from shopclues.com. You can also buy from ebay. Here is the link - Waterless Rinseless Auto Car Wash Concentrate
You also get 2 MF Cloths and a sprayer free!! [:)]

Don't panic, I had faced same issue.

Any shampoo will remove it, but don't try to remove it at first attempt itself. Try once or twice a day for next few days. I did same and it was gone in a week or so. [:)]
Yeah, I have used Proklear RAW Xtreme Rinseless/waterless one time day before yesterday and the mark did lighten up a bit. Will use it again tomorrow morning. Thank You!

Hi there,
I have a similar problem with my new Honda City, would like to know whether your were able to remove the marks completely. If yes, how did you do it.

Top Bottom