Help Needed With Car Audio System

Thread Starter #46
Vocals will fade off slightly (laid back sound)
Is that a plus or minus? Also, what exactly is a laid back sound? I don't seem to understand the online references [:)]

But all depends on the number of amps, speakers, subs, etc. in a car
I always wondered about that. Is the battery of a car capable of running that many amps?!?! Also, would you suggest running the audio when my car is idle?

And,

I haven't played the songs through Pendrive or CDs yet but only through the mobile bluetooth. What kind of a difference these devices can make? I read that CDs are mostly coming with a 1141 bitrate.

Thanks bro. And sorry for shooting with so many questions [lol]

Is that a plus or minus? Also, what exactly is a laid back sound? I don't seem to understand the online references [:)]

I always wondered about that. Is the battery of a car capable of running that many amps?!?! Also, would you suggest running the audio when my car is idle?

And,

I haven't played the songs through Pendrive or CDs yet but only through the mobile bluetooth. What kind of a difference these devices can make? I read that CDs are mostly coming with a 1141 bitrate.

Thanks bro. And sorry for shooting with so many questions [lol]
Vocals fading off is a plus if you find them a bit shrill now. It can be a minus if you were obsessed with their sharp note. Laid back sound means which has slightly muted or muffled high frequency, to which you can listen for hours together. It doesn't harm or irritate the ears like a sharp and shrill sound does over long hearing hours. You get a soothing experience in a laid back soundstage, rather than a thrilling and exhilerating experience of a vibrant soundstage.

These guys with 3 or more hungry amplifiers use multiple additional batteries. These batteries kept in the boot are only for music and the primary battery handles other functions.

With car in idle, did you mean engine ON or OFF? If the engine is running, you can listen for as many hours as you want. If the engine is off, it depends on your battery's age and health. If you have a weak battery, it will last for merely 30 minutes but if the battery is good, you can play for 2+ hours constantly (personal experience on 4 month old battery). The battery will not drain out completely, your HU or Amps would start tripping when battery isn't able to power sufficiently. To be on a safer side, limit to 1 hour music playback at max.

CDs have a high bitrate and can give some really good improvement, provided that your setup can produce the music in such detail. For regular folks like us, bluetooth and USBs are good. In fact, with basic systems, CDs hardly make any difference. With better equipment, source of music is considered important.

Just make sure you download music from a good app that has at least 44kHz bitrate and aim at getting highest possible quality (size should be around 8+ MB for a 3 minute song) for the phone when playing via BT.

Thread Starter #48
Thank you so much for the explanation. I meant when the engine is off. Now, I'm not going to play any songs when it's off. I recently changed the battery though.

Just make sure you download music from a good app that has at least 44kHz bitrate
I usually download songs in 320kbps. And failed to find songs which are 1141kbps. But what's a 44KHZ I never heard that term before.

Also, does changing the frequencies in my HU makes any significant difference? My HU shows two different frequencies for both the speakers and the Sub.

For the speakers ( I hope it's only for the front), I set it as 63HZ after playing with 100, 120 and 180 which is the max. As for Sub I set it as 120HZ. Does this depends on the car, setting and personal liking? Or is that something which needs to be set to match the speaker frequencies?

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the explanation. I meant when the engine is off. Now, I'm not going to play any songs when it's off. I recently changed the battery though.

I usually download songs in 320kbps. And failed to find songs which are 1141kbps. But what's a 44KHZ I never heard that term before.

Also, does changing the frequencies in my HU makes any significant difference? My HU shows two different frequencies for both the speakers and the Sub.

For the speakers ( I hope it's only for the front), I set it as 63HZ after playing with 100, 120 and 180 which is the max. As for Sub I set it as 120HZ. Does this depends on the car, setting and personal liking? Or is that something which needs to be set to match the speaker frequencies?

Thanks again!
My bad, 44kHz should be sampling rate. You can find this in the properties of songs. 320kbps ones are 44kHz usually, so no need to worry.

Do let me know what are the frequencies (LPF, HPF or anything else).

You have done this wrong currently. Set the subwoofer to the lower end (70-80Hz) and speakers to the higher end (100Hz). You can also experiment with setting the subwoofer to the lowest frequency (around 50-60Hz) and set the speakers also at this frequency. So that frequencies below 60Hz will go to the subwoofer and higher than that will be handled by the speakers.

Can somebody suggest if the below prices are worth

Audison bit ten 25k
Bit ten D - 32k
Bit one 42.5k

Which is the best one considering cost

The prices you quoted were very low, cuz the audison distributor for india quoted me very high price for bit one.

if you are getting it at the mentioned price its a good deal.

I dropped into the shop and took a look on the products. It was all sealed boxes

I made a deal with him and happy

Let me know if you need . I can help you get one

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit one was always on my mind ,but i just iced my car and i am very,very happy with the setup.

will surely ping you if upgrade keeda kicks in.

Top Bottom