Help Needed To Choose the Best Petrol Hatchback (6 Lacs)

Best Petrol Hatchback around 6L On Road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have driven i20 as well as i10. Test drove the i20 when I was looking for hatch a year back in which I observed the utra light steering. May be the issue you are mentioning is becoz of light steering only.

You mean if polo gets better engine, then the one who buys it would be a moron? What was that?
Regarding less mileage on polo, can you give some links where I can read about it.

I agree to this.

Sanjay, have you test driven polo, i20, brio or going by online reviews?
Polo: i meant if one should get better engine and mileage compare to polo in the same price range.

I20 steering is light but it fails totally to return back to center after turning the vehicle.

I test drove all the vehicles mentioned here.im the ex user of new gen i10.
Now im considering the brio,had a test drive twice.
will close on it soon.

Polo has a 3 pot engine going by this it should give better mileage than others with 4 pot.but it fails in that.

Swift zxi also has braking issue at low speeds,just google it.
Sanjay,
Please don't blindly believe what google says and comment on a topic.
Regarding swift you are saying the braking is poor. In the new generation swift in the L/V variants in some specific batches there were problems. But till now even a single Z badged variant was reported of such complaints. I know people who own this vehicle from very own time of launch in 2005 and have been happy with it. I am one among them.
All cars are having there own problems and niggles one way or the other. But never under estimate any because each has its own utility.

Can you please state the instance where a Swift ZXi brake was found inadequate ?[:)]

Im the ex owner of new igen i10.
Better u drive and test first before posting.
No need to tell him that dear allhyundai has 3 Hyundai cars with him presently santro, i10, verna .so chill let's cool down .
I agree they are just decorated point a to point b cars .And no drivers cars atall . They are good who gives gizmos first preference .
The only reason I have not suggested any Hyundai cars here is inspite of popular perception Hyundai cars are expensive to maintain , they do have sterring rattling issues not just in India but in many parts of the world .

Sanjay,
Regarding swift you are saying the braking is poor. In the new generation swift in the L/V variants in some specific batches there were problems. But till now even a single Z badged variant was reported of such complaints. I know people who own this vehicle from very own time of launch in 2005 and have been happy with it. I am one among them.
All cars are having there own problems and niggles one way or the other. But never under estimate any because each has its own utility.

Poor braking and not brakes at all on low speeds are totally two different issues.have a life men.

Can you please state the instance where a Swift ZXi brake was found inadequate ?[:)]
Forbes magazine also lies according to u i think!!!

Sanjay,

Poor brakes and no brakes on low speeds are totally 2 different issues.

Forbes magazine also lies according to u i think!!!
There were reports of lack of braking in L/V badged variants. You must remember the fact that Swift is a hatch that was introduced in 2005. From the very beginning the waiting periods were on a steady rise.
Are they all who are ignorant of importance of braking who opted for Swift ?
There might be a batch of Swifts in 2012 which might had problem while braking. But I think it was rectified also. I find no reason in blaming a product that captured lacks of hearts and made many families happy because of a batch of so called 'faulty products' !

Sanjay,

Below are the comments of new swift zxi owner,also im providing u with link for full cover story made by forbes.
So, what’s the problem with the Swift’s brakes? Toms Matthew, who bought the top end ZXi variant in February 2012 and has had a frustrating time since, explains it pretty well. “You need to be in bumper to bumper traffic situation…of which we have a lot in Bangalore, drive in first gear, half clutch, RPM under 1,000 and after two or three presses on the pedal, the brake pedal becomes absolutely hard and there is no braking,” he says. While this typically happens at speeds under 10km/hr, it is not a nice situation to be in. During two separate incidents while driving in heavy traffic, Matthew says his Maruti scratched a Honda City and a Toyota Innova after his brakes failed. A third time, while Matthew was parking in his garage, the Maruti scratched a parked motorcycle.

Read more: Forbes India Magazine - The New Maruti Swift's Brakes Don't Work

Forbes India Magazine - The New Maruti Swift's Brakes Don't Work

No need to tell him that dear allhyundai has 3 Hyundai cars with him presently santro, i10, verna .so chill let's cool down .
I agree they are just decorated point a to point b cars .And no drivers cars atall . They are good who gives gizmos first preference .
The only reason I have not suggested any Hyundai cars here is inspite of popular perception Hyundai cars are expensive to maintain , they do have sterring rattling issues not just in India but in many parts of the world .
Totally agree with you raja.

Below are the comments of new swift zxi owner,also im providing u with link for full cover story made by forbes.
So, what’s the problem with the Swift’s brakes? Toms Matthew, who bought the top end ZXi variant in February 2012 and has had a frustrating time since, explains it pretty well. “You need to be in bumper to bumper traffic situation…of which we have a lot in Bangalore, drive in first gear, half clutch, RPM under 1,000 and after two or three presses on the pedal, the brake pedal becomes absolutely hard and there is no braking,” he says. While this typically happens at speeds under 10km/hr, it is not a nice situation to be in. During two separate incidents while driving in heavy traffic, Matthew says his Maruti scratched a Honda City and a Toyota Innova after his brakes failed. A third time, while Matthew was parking in his garage, the Maruti scratched a parked motorcycle.

Read more: Forbes India Magazine - The New Maruti Swift's Brakes Don't Work

Forbes India Magazine - The New Maruti Swift's Brakes Don't Work
Then still why this sales numbers even in the month of june ?
Are they all insane who opt for Swift now ?
In a factory which produces thousands of cars a day may manufacture one faulty product. Maruti will address the issue well. That is why India trusts this company and its products.For that there is no need of such proclamations that Swift doesn't have brakes.
Its better the sales numbers do the talking to you rather than my words.

In a factory which produces thousands of cars a day may manufacture one faulty product. Maruti will address the issue well. That is why India trusts this company and its products.For that there is no need of such proclamations that Swift doesn't have brakes.
90 percent of swift sales comes from diesel version,which doesnt have this issue.
Are you associated with maruti,india?!

Vishnu do you agree that swift has/ had break issues ? The point here is becuase it sales more maruti must infact do a recall which sadly they have not done .
When ford can do a recall why not maruti .
I don't know about latest batches and their performance concerning brakes so I will refrain commenting on that.

.good sales = swift being a awesome car + herd mentality towards a brand / car [:D]

According to you all the new swift petrol owners are insane who shouts for no brakes,amazing.im sure u associated with maruti.

90 percent of swift sales comes from diesel version,which doesnt have this issue.
Are you associated with maruti,india?!
Buddy cool down why are you talking it so personally yaar . Vishnu is giving his view and you yours debate in a nice friendly way so cool down [:)]

+1000 Raja. Every word of yours is true according to me !!

@Vishu, Please do take my comment in a right way. Though a Maruti Suzuki cars owner since 2006 and quite happy with their performance in all the aspects, One thing always wonder me that why people are so mad about Swift !![surprise] according to me its space inside looks really cramped to me !! and to be frank The New Swift design I do not like it, but you know there is a huge line in Queue and you see lot of New swifts every day on the roads[clap].

But believe me if it is between Swift and Brio, My heart will bow down for Brio, The little miracle and I like its rear design verymuch !! where most have did not liked in our forum !

Last edited:

Top Bottom