Help Needed To Choose the Best Petrol Hatchback (6 Lacs)

Best Petrol Hatchback around 6L On Road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swift fails to brakes on low speeds.
I20 steering doesnt self center after turning the car.
Polo has no engine power.
Liva front suspension issue.
Only brio is one car without any defects as of now.

U can google it (for defects) the cars mentioned above.
U can go with brio smt(o).

Only brio is one car without any defects as of now

Sanjay, having lesser power (bhp) is not a defect.
And what's that issue of steering self centering thing with i20, never read that anywhere. The issue used to be of steering rattle, which may have been rectified by now in new i20. The issue with i20 is low mileage.

Apart from that the issues you mentioned with cars are correct.
And I had a TD of brio too, its a nice car.

Only brio is one car without any defects as of now.

If he plans to get the swift zxi I don't see any problems . But yes I would like abhi to take a hard look at the brio it's fun car .

Thread Starter #19
Thanks to all for your suggestions. As of now the verdict is highly skewed towards Swift ZXI & Brio S(O) MT (Eventhough Brio was not on my mind while shortlisting).

Can you all help me with Pros & Cons for both these cars.
Suggestions from current owners would help a lot...
Further kindly guide me about the cost of service, FE & Spares for these.....

Thanks to all for your suggestions. As of now the verdict is highly skewed towards Swift ZXI & Brio S(O) MT (Eventhough Brio was not on my mind while shortlisting).

Can you all help me with Pros & Cons for both these cars.
Suggestions from current owners would help a lot...
Further kindly guide me about the cost of service, FE & Spares for these.....
Both Swift and Brio has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Both Swift ZXi and Brio V MT/S(O)MT offers VFM. I have a Swift ZXi (2005) and I would say its pleasure to drive on highways. Its main advantages would be better resale value, hassle free after sales service, cheaper maintanance cost etc.
While for a newbie driver it would be Brio that would be easy to drive because of its compactness. Honda badge, the gem 1.2l iVtec engine , smoother petrol engine would be the pros of Brio. Lower resale value, higher maintanance cost when compared to maruti would be on the higher side.
I would advice you to test drive both of them and choose the one you feel more comfortable with.

Both Swift and Brio has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Both Swift ZXi and Brio V MT/S(O)MT offers VFM. I have a Swift ZXi (2005) and I would say its pleasure to drive on highways. Its main advantages would be better resale value, hassle free after sales service, cheaper maintanance cost etc.
While for a newbie driver it would be Brio that would be easy to drive because of its compactness. Honda badge, the gem 1.2l iVtec engine , smoother petrol engine would be the pros of Brio. Lower resale value, higher maintanance cost when compared to maruti would be on the higher side.
I would advice you to test drive both of them and choose the one you feel more comfortable with.
Since when Honda started having bad resale value ?. Swift or brio both are petrol cars and will command same resale value some +- here and there Vishnu .

Mileage will be more or less same too .

Abi- we have plenty of Honda bro ownership threads on the forum please take a look.

Since when Honda started having bad resale value ?. Swift or brio both are petrol cars and will command same resale value some +- here and there Vishnu .
You are right Raja.
I talked from the point of view of a traditional Indian buyer who considers maruti to be the most trusted brand and the resale value of maruti cars to be the highest in the industry.[;)]
But in the modern context, its a fact that all the cars from different manufacturers are having almost the same resale value.[:)]

It would be a Jazz or i20 for me. Go take the test drives, bargain hard, ask for the accessories and at last purchase the one that satisfies your heart. At 6 Lakhs the Hatch has tobe premium in all departments.

Sanjay, having lesser power (bhp) is not a defect.
And what's that issue of steering self centering thing with i20, never read that anywhere. The issue used to be of steering rattle, which may have been rectified by now in new i20. The issue with i20 is low mileage.

Apart from that the issues you mentioned with cars are correct.
And I had a TD of brio too, its a nice car.
Re.i20,just take a test drive of any new gen i10 or igen i20 these hyundai toys are worthless if u turn the vehicle after that one should expect the car to return to its center position automatically but these both carts fails to do so.

Re.polo if one should get better engine with better mileage then only the moron will go with polo.also vw fails to providing a europeon standards to its indian batch cars.(no offence of vw owners.)

Swift zxi also has braking issue at low speeds,just google it.

Last edited:
Re.i20,just take a test drive of any new gen i10 or igen i20 these hyundai toys are worthless if u turn the vehicle after that one should expect the car to return to its center position automatically but these both carts fails to do so.

Re.polo if one should get better engine with better mileage then only the moron will go with polo.also vw fails to providing a europeon standards to its indian batch cars.(no offence of vw owners.)

A bell isn't a bell, till you ring it;
A song is no song till you sing it;
A car is not a car till it steers properly;
Shame on hyundai i10/i20 carts.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
A bell isn't a bell, till you ring it;
A song is no song till you sing it;
A car is not a car till it steers properly;
Shame on hyundai i10/i20 carts.
lol [:D] i have all hyundai and i never faced any problem which you described. make sure car is at a speed , you don't want the steering to turn automatically if the car is stationary [lol]

From your choices.. Swift is off-course the heavy weight. I would suggest you also TD the Honda Brio. Its a slightly better package than Swift (petrol vs. petrol comparison).

If you can stretch your budget, then off course Honda Jazz. Even the basic version is well stocked. TD Brio before Jazz, otherwise you will not like the Brio (even though they have the same engine :-) )

From your choices.. Swift is off-course the heavy weight. I would suggest you also TD the Honda Brio. Its a slightly better package than Swift (petrol vs. petrol comparison).

If you can stretch your budget, then off course Honda Jazz. Even the basic version is well stocked. TD Brio before Jazz, otherwise you will not like the Brio (even though they have the same engine :-) )
Front seat legroom is more in brio compare to jazz i know its hard to believe but its fact.

I have driven i20 as well as i10. Test drove the i20 when I was looking for hatch a year back in which I observed the utra light steering. May be the issue you are mentioning is becoz of light steering only.

You mean if polo gets better engine, then the one who buys it would be a moron? What was that?
Regarding less mileage on polo, can you give some links where I can read about it.
I agree to this.

Sanjay, have you test driven polo, i20, brio or going by online reviews?

Top Bottom