Help needed that must be visited on the way to Golden Temple(Vellore)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mukesh,

Sorry if that was too late ... you have Yelagiri, Ratnagiri as options near by Vellore.

Ratnagiri is famous for the Bala Murugan Hill Temple which was supposedly built in the 14th Century. This place is few kilometers right on main road from Vellore-Chennai Route.

Yelagiri is just a hill top, with a good scenic view of the neighboring villages/ city, but as nothing other a Family picnic stop. For Yelagiri you will have to deviate right hand side from the Krishnagiri-Vellore route, you will have sign boards making your way very easy.

From your plan, Thiruvannamalai is south of Vellore and to my opnion a better option having in mind that you have just one day for the trip and eldery people travelling along which might make it uncomfortable for long journey. Kanchipuram will be a 80 kms strech away east of Vellore (towards Chennai).

Road Condition National Highways are excellent stretches, the state highways are average and motorable.

Safe Journey, Happy Motoring !!!

Thread Starter #17
Hey Mukesh,

Sorry if that was too late ... you have Yelagiri, Ratnagiri as options near by Vellore.

Ratnagiri is famous for the Bala Murugan Hill Temple which was supposedly built in the 14th Century. This place is few kilometers right on main road from Vellore-Chennai Route.

Yelagiri is just a hill top, with a good scenic view of the neighboring villages/ city, but as nothing other a Family picnic stop. For Yelagiri you will have to deviate right hand side from the Krishnagiri-Vellore route, you will have sign boards making your way very easy.

From your plan, Thiruvannamalai is south of Vellore and to my opnion a better option having in mind that you have just one day for the trip and eldery people travelling along which might make it uncomfortable for long journey. Kanchipuram will be a 80 kms strech away east of Vellore (towards Chennai).

Road Condition National Highways are excellent stretches, the state highways are average and motorable.

Safe Journey, Happy Motoring !!!
Yeah Honda Machine, I did saw these sign boards yesterday.
I went to Golden temple 1st then toThiruvannamalai.

The elders were happier with these 2 places & it was not uncomfortable at all in My Scorpio.

Hi Mukesh,

How was the trip. I just wanted to know how the road is between vellore and thiruvannamalai. [:)] Which route did you took?

Yeah Honda Machine, I did saw these sign boards yesterday.
I went to Golden temple 1st then toThiruvannamalai.

The elders were happier with these 2 places & it was not uncomfortable at all in My Scorpio.

Thread Starter #19
Hi Mukesh,

How was the trip. I just wanted to know how the road is between vellore and thiruvannamalai. [:)] Which route did you took?
Thanks a ton to you Arun for suggesting Thiruvannamalai.
We followed the route: From Sripuram(Golden Temple)-Kaniyambadi-Kannamangalam(Police Station Right Turn)-Polur-Kalasapakam-Nehru Nagar-Thiruvannamalai(Arunachaleshwara Temple)

This was a worth visiting place & my family loved both of places very well.

The roads were not that bad at all, was cruising constantly in 80 kmph.
Though there were few potholes.

Oh yeah Mukesh, Thiruvannamalai was still doable after Vellore with a stretch having in mind it was a weekday. Usually weekends are maddening crowd at both the places.

Hope your Darshan was neat at both the place.

Wanted to attach this picture yesterday but missed it.

Thread Starter #21
Oh yeah Mukesh, Thiruvannamalai was still doable after Vellore with a stretch having in mind it was a weekday. Usually weekends are maddening crowd at both the places.

Hope your Darshan was neat at both the place.

Wanted to attach this picture yesterday but missed it.
I did the other way round, 1st to golden temple using NH-7.
Then SH-9 while returning as it was nearest & again on NH-7.
Yes there was not much crowd at the place & darshan went on very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom