Help needed on modifying Punto's Grill

Thread Starter #1
hey guys i have a white punto which i have modded with black roof and smoked headlamps and tail lamps .as most of you active members know.
now i wish to get my grills black and the area between them also .
i need to know is any member done that already if yes can you please post the pictures and the cost included .
i am sceptical about painting my grills black as i doubt the quality .
thanx
hope it looks like

hey guys i have a white punto which i have modded with black roof and smoked headlamps and tail lamps .as most of you active members know.
now i wish to get my grills black and the area between them also .
i need to know is any member done that already if yes can you please post the pictures and the cost included .
i am sceptical about painting my grills black as i doubt the quality .
thanx
hope it looks like Image
Painting the grill with black isn't a good option,instead go for white/silver mesh work,which would be better.
If you don't like the mesh,you can remove it.
IMO,painting it black will be okay,but,not that appealing.
Have a look at their website for mesh work done by KITUP,Coimbatore.
That looked pretty decent to me.

Thread Starter #3
Painting the grill with black isn't a good option,instead go for white/silver mesh work,which would be better.
If you don't like the mesh,you can remove it.
IMO,painting it black will be okay,but,not that appealing.
Have a look at their website for mesh work done by KITUP,Coimbatore.
That looked pretty decent to me.
ya it looks decent to me to . i have sent them an email enquiring about the costs . it seems costly to me .
the oe black grills cost 790 and 291 upper and lower .

erm.. sorry for my offtopic query, but i see a gloss on the roof of that punto above, what did you use, paint or something else ? i'm asking this becuause matte black doesn't have that type of gloss.

Thread Starter #5
ya its gloss coz in this pic a shining vinyl is used by me to cover the roof to give the painted look. my friend has matte on his punto i never have liked that looks as if a convertables roof

350Z

Core Team
I second Surendar on that. Your Punto looks really beautiful now and if you add anything (such as painting the front) it will be like overdoing it. Better opt for mesh-type grills as an alternative. Otherwise, if you still wish to get it done, why not simply inquire at Fiat’s authorized workshop about the pricing? Or I can also recommend Carnation if all you are looking for is a reliable painting job.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
I second Surendar on that. Your Punto looks really beautiful now and if you add anything (such as painting the front) it will be like overdoing it. Better opt for mesh-type grills as an alternative. Otherwise, if you still wish to get it done, why not simply inquire at Fiat’s authorized workshop about the pricing? Or I can also recommend Carnation if all you are looking for is a reliable painting job.

Drive Safe,
350Z
yes i am worried if i overdo it . mesh grills seem to be costly the oe black grills costs 790 and 290 rs . if you remember the punto shown in the auto expo or the one shown in the add with black roof had blck grills ading to the beauty and say a video on fiat facebook which showed an awesome looking punto which looked just as the above pic .

yes i am worried if i overdo it . mesh grills seem to be costly the oe black grills costs 790 and 290 rs . if you remember the punto shown in the auto expo or the one shown in the add with black roof had blck grills ading to the beauty and say a video on fiat facebook which showed an awesome looking punto which looked just as the above pic .
Hey,i got my upper grill's mesh for Rs 144.00 ,and fixed it with a combination of m-seal and araldite(adhesive).
It can be a D.I.Y job,if you spend some time with patience.

Thread Starter #9
Hey,i got my upper grill's mesh for Rs 144.00 ,and fixed it with a combination of m-seal and araldite(adhesive).
It can be a D.I.Y job,if you spend some time with patience.
i live in yamunanagar haryana i didnt find anyone who could make a mesh grill for me [frustration]

i live in yamunanagar haryana i didnt find anyone who could make a mesh grill for me [frustration]
You need a good technician for it,i got it done by a tinker.
I myself along with the manager of the work shop went to a hardware shop,and we saw various designs of mesh.
After having a feel of each mesh,i got satisfied with honey-coomb mesh and bought 6 metres of 1-1.5 metre length mesh.
1 metre * 1 metre = Rs 24.
I bought 6 metres=6*24=Rs 144

The reason for 6 metres is that the mesh has intersections,so i got a bigger size mesh,then selected the segment without any intersection and fixed it behind my upper grill.
Since you aren't going to cut your grill,it will be an easy job for you.
Remove your front bumper,select the area to be pasted,give it a slight wash and let it dry.
Then,cut the mesh with extra width on all sides,so that the excess mesh can be folded onto the curves and even after that if you have excess mesh,then cut it with a plier slowly/carefully.
Then paste it with a combination of m-seal and araldite or with any sealant/adhesive.
Then,let it get fixed,so leave it for about 1-2 hours,then you can fix your front bumper.

Top Bottom