Help in Selecting Speakers and Amplifiers for Punto (Now Done: Pg.3)

Re: Need help for choosing Speakers and Amplifier for my Punto 90HP

Ohh what a coincidence. The expert i was referring to is none other than Sathya from EVO. Sathya mentioned that SLC high to low convertor fails miserably for the punto and that JBL/infinity wud sound crap for this system.
He suggested me to go for Rockford Fosgate Sub and Speakers[ comps + co-axials] along with Cerwin Vega HED series 4 ch amp.

What are your suggestions Raj ?
Well, I dont have any experience with Satya as I am from Mumbai. But from what I have heard from other people & forums, he is great.

I dont know why he is saying that since all these equipment is working fine in my car. If he does not plan to use high-to-low converter & uses the stock HU, would the speakers get enough power?

Well, maybe he has a different configuration in mind & I wont question Satya's knowledge on the same as he has million times more experience than me in this field. So try his installation. I am sure he is good.

As per my installation goes, I can say that everything is working well. I prefer soft & tight bass & not loud & boomy and that is how my setup is. I am not into showoff & I prefer my car's music to be well... inside the car only!

After the setup, even at 40% gain from the amp, my car's bassline was too hard & loud for my linking. So I had to actually ask him to decrease the gain from the amp. I was told by my installer to be careful with the amp settings as if i increase it to 100%, my sub would blow up! Now my amp is working at around 30% of its potential & the bass is fine. I wanted vocals to be clear & not be overshadowed by the bass & that is what i got.

I have installed a bass control knob. I have adjusted it to 50% & the music is perfect for me. In case i want some hard pumping bass, i just increase it to around 75%. but then, everything inside the car starts rattling!

Okay so what do you recommend for the ideal set up of my punto. Im getting it done by saturday.
I had already suggested a setup for you. Let me tell it again :

-components in front - jbl/infinity/morels - 6000
-coax in rear - infinity/jbl/pioneer - 2000-3000
-4ch. amp - kenwood/jbl - 6000 OR bull/gladin audio - 9000
-sub in sealed enclosure - RF/jbl/Bull - 6000
-wiring and misc. - 4000

Total - 24K - 28K

freakdude.

Thread Starter #33

Well, I dont have any experience with Satya as I am from Mumbai. But from what I have heard from other people & forums, he is great.

I dont know why he is saying that since all these equipment is working fine in my car. If he does not plan to use high-to-low converter & uses the stock HU, would the speakers get enough power?

Well, maybe he has a different configuration in mind & I wont question Satya's knowledge on the same as he has million times more experience than me in this field. So try his installation. I am sure he is good.

As per my installation goes, I can say that everything is working well. I prefer soft & tight bass & not loud & boomy and that is how my setup is. I am not into showoff & I prefer my car's music to be well... inside the car only!

After the setup, even at 40% gain from the amp, my car's bassline was too hard & loud for my linking. So I had to actually ask him to decrease the gain from the amp. I was told by my installer to be careful with the amp settings as if i increase it to 100%, my sub would blow up! Now my amp is working at around 30% of its potential & the bass is fine. I wanted vocals to be clear & not be overshadowed by the bass & that is what i got.

I have installed a bass control knob. I have adjusted it to 50% & the music is perfect for me. In case i want some hard pumping bass, i just increase it to around 75%. but then, everything inside the car starts rattling!
Okay yeah im sure Sathya has a lot of knowedge about this and he is an experts. His suggestions for My Punto 90HP car are as follows

Cerwin vega 4 channel amp along with Rockford Fosgate Prime component speakers and Prime C0-axials along with RF Prime 12'' Sub Woofer. My Budget i mentioned to him was 30,000 rupees including everything.

But what i feel is these RF Prime components lack power, its 40 Watts RMS and 80W peak. What do you think about this specifications? Is it low or is this fine. Please provide your suggestions

Any more set up suggestions for this budget?

Regards
Sandeep

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Finally ICED my Fiat Punto 90HP which is rocking now

My Punto 90HP was ICED with the following :

1. HERTZ EV 165L [Energy Series] Component Speakers for front doors-8.5K

2. HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series] Co-axial Speakers for rear doors-3.5K

3. JBL GT5-S644 Amplifier 4 channel-7.2K

4. POLK 8" db 840 Sub-Woofer-5K

5. Converter-4.5K

6. Sub Box-1K

EVERYTHING WITH BILL AND WARRANTY

Total cost of the entire set up including wiring, installations is 32,000 rupees.

Believe me My car Punto now Rocks to the core

Place Done : FINAL TOUCH [Mission Road, Bangalore],

Done under Mr AKASH. He is too good in audio stuff. Neat and clean installation overall. Hertz speakers are top class. Im totally satisfied with the entire Set up and My Punto 90HP sounds awesome and amazing. Its Rocking.[:)]

Last edited:
Pictures buddy, pictures!!!

Also, you dint go to Satya??

Which wiring you used? Is the sub box sealed or ported? Why did you choose a 8" sub & not 12" or 15"?

Thread Starter #37
Pictures buddy, pictures!!!

Also, you dint go to Satya??

Which wiring you used? Is the sub box sealed or ported? Why did you choose a 8" sub & not 12" or 15"?
Hi no the set up was done at Final Touch, Bangalore by AKASH. He has a great knowledge about audio and he is too good. Installation was done very neatly. Sub box is sealed. Whats a ported box btw ??will it have openings and i chose 8" sub as i dint want loud bass to be heard outside

And ohh i dint take any pictures. Am really sorry about that [frustration]

And one more enquiry a Slight hiss sound is being heard from the speakers when i turn on the head unit. It can be heard when the volume is at 0. Is this normal because of the set up of converter and amp??

Congratulations Sandeep , post some pictures too.
Dint take any pictures. Really sorry about that [frustration]

Very nice choice of equipments. Let the energy's break and then they'll sound even more nice. I feel you should have gone for atleast 12" sub in a sealed enclosure.

Regarding the hiss sound it is most probably picking electrical disturbances from alternator. Please check if your RCAs and power cable is routed together. If yes, separate them and channel they from diff. sides. Also check if amp has been rounded correctly to bare metal which is rust free.
Congrats again and do post some pics.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #39
Very nice choice of equipments. Let the energy's break and then they'll sound even more nice. I feel you should have gone for atleast 12" sub in a sealed enclosure.

Regarding the hiss sound it is most probably picking electrical disturbances from alternator. Please check if your RCAs and power cable is routed together. If yes, separate them and channel they from diff. sides. Also check if amp has been rounded correctly to bare metal which is rust free.
Congrats again and do post some pics.

freakdude.
Thank you..And regarding your quote "Let the energy's break and then they'll sound even more nice" ?? I dint get this :)??
And regarding the sub i felt 8" is more than enough as i dont like Sub-woofer sounds to be heard to longer distances outside. Btw this Polk 8" Sub is amazing :)[:)]

Thank you..And regarding your quote "Let the energy's break and then they'll sound even more nice" ?? I dint get this :)??
And regarding the sub i felt 8" is more than enough as i dont like Sub-woofer sounds to be heard to longer distances outside. Btw this Polk 8" Sub is amazing :)[:)]
Every speaker has its own charactersticks. Break-in is the period that a speaker takes to get into moving freely in and out of its casing. This movement is called excursion. All speakers take a few hours of playing to reach their break in. a sub breaks in later than a midbass. After break in the speakers sound their actual musical signature. You will see treble settling down after a few days and the sub getting more smooth.
Enjoy your music and dont set high gains for few days and play at moderate volumes.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #41
Every speaker has its own charactersticks. Break-in is the period that a speaker takes to get into moving freely in and out of its casing. This movement is called excursion. All speakers take a few hours of playing to reach their break in. a sub breaks in later than a midbass. After break in the speakers sound their actual musical signature. You will see treble settling down after a few days and the sub getting more smooth.
Enjoy your music and dont set high gains for few days and play at moderate volumes.

freakdude.
Thats cool and thanks for the info [:)]

Hi no the set up was done at Final Touch, Bangalore by AKASH. He has a great knowledge about audio and he is too good. Installation was done very neatly. Sub box is sealed. Whats a ported box btw ??will it have openings and i chose 8" sub as i dint want loud bass to be heard outside
Good that you chose a sealed box since you dont like loud bass. Yes, a ported box will have a hole.

And ohh i dint take any pictures. Am really sorry about that [frustration]
why are you being sorry? You can take pictures now also!

And one more enquiry a Slight hiss sound is being heard from the speakers when i turn on the head unit. It can be heard when the volume is at 0. Is this normal because of the set up of converter and amp??
No, that is not normal.

Thread Starter #43
Good that you chose a sealed box since you dont like loud bass. Yes, a ported box will have a hole.

why are you being sorry? You can take pictures now also!

No, that is not normal.
Yeah will get that rectified on wednesday. He said will check what the problem is and he would change the amplifier/converter if needed.
Picture of Sub can be taken but the speakers have gone inside the doors which would be difficult to take snaps

freakdude.
I had not heard that info earlier. Reps added.

Yeah will get that rectified on wednesday. He said will check what the problem is and he would change the amplifier/converter if needed.
Picture of Sub can be taken but the speakers have gone inside the doors which would be difficult to take snaps
Congrats Sandeep! Finally ICE'd[:)] At least post some pics of the HU and sub!

Thread Starter #45
Congrats Sandeep! Finally ICE'd[:)] At least post some pics of the HU and sub!
Sure will do that [:)] And can you help me with the hissing sound which comes out through speakers when the system is on. Anyways ive spoken to the installer and il be getting it rectified on Wednesday. What might be the probable cause. As soon as in on the system hiss sound comes up through front speakers . Is it a problem with the amp or the converter??

Top Bottom