Help in Selecting New Tyres for Maruti 800

Please do let us know how the tire behaves at various speeds and the grip levels.Also a coin test on the tread depth will be useful.

Thread Starter #17
13.jpg

Close Up of tread

I have one problem. After servicing, I am now facing a problem in starting the car + problem with the stereo. It stops everytime I start the car again after switching off the engine. I have posted a video please do have a look.

http://youtu.be/KVVKDIfYcoo

This is the wire which I think should also be connected, but I dont know where. I have lost the manual and this is memory/power wire I believe.

Sorry if I am posting this in wrong forum.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
That issue is normal.When cranking the car uses a lot of battery power so the stereo cuts out.

The tread of the tires is not too deep.Have you gotten the alignment and balancing done?
If not get it done as soon as possible,else the tires will wear out unevenly.

Usually the blue wire is connected to power on the amplifier or the auto antenna.

Red is for direct +v, yellow/orange is for accessory positive, black is for ground.

Thread Starter #20
Hi,
@jarpickle : There is only 0.3 cm difference between Ceat and Bridgestone tread. I had measured then only decided to go for this. And yes, I had got balancing and Alignment done.

@Varun : My stereo doesn't starts on its own after cranking like in other stereo systems. I googled and realized, that stereo wires should be connected with wiring harness and this solid blue is the memory/power wire, I guess. Don't know, but I want a solution, if it can start on its own and not manually everytime after cranking.

Thread Starter #22
@Jarpickle : Ride Quality is great. Handling and Steering is very very smooth. Maintains good balance on uneven roads. Breaks from 80kmph to 0kmph in less than 10 mtrs. And it says Made in Indonesia.

Not bad, this tires is available from Bridgestone in Japan.Hopefully its an original.China is killing people by making fakes.

Thread Starter #24

What is the problem with this light? I feel some issue while starting the engine. You can also hear it in the video above. It doesn't start at once like it did earlier.

Plz suggest something

That is the ecu light.Do you press the accelerator when starting the engine?In MPFI you are not supposed to press the accelerator when starting the engine.

Check the engine oil,gearbox oil,coolant level and air filter,fuel filter.See if they need to be replaced.Also check the o2 sensor.

For starting problems, check your ignition coil, spark plugs and plug wires.Also check your battery voltage and alternator and starter motor.You may need to replace the spark plugs(check the condition) and plug wires if needed.You can get the alternator and starter serviced.

Check the stereo wiring, does the stereo have a fuse?If not add a fuse to the firing.

If those do not help,try disconnecting the battery and see if the light goes away.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
@ Jarpickle : Hi, I went to a local (known) Mechanic. He inspected everything like engine oil, coolant, break oil, Petrol related part (found in underbody) and came to the conclusion that there is no problem in the car. The light might be glowing because they had given a direct connection to the Radiator. So, it turns on everytime I tury the key to ON position. And that I can drive without any worry. But still I thought to go for a second opinion and they told the same that no problem. But, it might be the problem with ECU. To check/repair it, they are asking 2k.

What should I do now? It might be the problem with ECU or it might be not.
Confused..

Hi Deepak, can you please let me know the name and address of the shop in mayapuri. I have to change the tyres of my car 800 also.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am New Member here, senior citizen and seek help / suggestion from experts here as regards the New Tyres for my Maruti 800 car.
It is better I give a brief details of the services I got done on 29th March 2017 and confused about what to do as regards the Tyres.
Maruti 800 Dx 1998 Model (using without running AC after the Gas R12 was Banned from 2008 or so. ) - Done up to 53800 KM till March 2017 as usage of my car is limited to city use only since past 4 years or so at an average of about 1000 KM per Annum.
Changed Original MRF Tyres in March 2006 with 2 Nos Bridgestone Radial tyres
at Rs 1250 each at 32800 KM.
Changed 2 more MRF Tyres in November 2007 with 2 Nos Bridgestone Radial Tyres at Rs 1525 each at 38890 Km.

Done Wheel Alignment and Balancing regularly every 5000 KM till 48800 KM.
On 29th March, Got the Engine Oil Flush with WURTH 250 ml, Engine Oil Change from HP Engine Oil to Shell Helix HX 3 - 20W40 Mineral Oil this time, changing the Oil Filter, Fuel Filer, cleaning the Air Filter, Changing the Timing Belt ( MGP – JK ) as the Mileage crossed 50000 KM, changing Spark Plugs, Point Condenser, Fan Belt and few Boot n Bushes etc and Full wash as usual, spending about Rs 6000 on this services with a small and reliable Auto service instead of MASS MANDOVI in Mangalore, as they gave some excuses to do Engine Flush after clogging 53000 KM saying that Maruti don’t recommend Engine Flush.
When I took the car for Wheel Alignment they did only Wheel Alignment, saying that they cannot do the wheel Balancing as the Tyres have become harder and I have to change the Tyres. There is no much wear and tear on the wheel Threads and I do not know whether the owner of the Wheel care is trying to make a quick buck !!!!!
First of all, I have maintained my car nicely for all these 19 years and now a days I use the car for only city use and hence I did not take his selling point to go for new tyres immediately.

Top Bottom