Help in Deciding a Hatch in Rs.6 - 8 Lakh Range (Booked Punto 2012 Emotion)

Re: Please help in deciding a hatch 6-8 lacs range

Buddy all your requirements are screaming just one name - i20. Believe me man it is one hell of a hatch with features that can smoke quite a few sedans. Matched with amazing torque and almost negligible turbo-lag, it's quite a highway killer and pretty decent in city too.

Just for reference :

Hyundai i20 Diesal car Price in Delhi
Hyundai i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS – Rs. 6,19,800/-
Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta Diesel – Rs. 6,83,431/-
Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta Diesel with Sunroof – Rs. 7,20,430/-

freakdude.

Thread Starter #17

i20 Magna doesn't come with ABS -- at least Hyundai site doesn't list it :(

Buddy all your requirements are screaming just one name - i20. Believe me man it is one hell of a hatch with features that can smoke quite a few sedans. Matched with amazing torque and almost negligible turbo-lag, it's quite a highway killer and pretty decent in city too.

Just for reference :

Hyundai i20 Diesal car Price in Delhi
Hyundai i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS – Rs. 6,19,800/-
Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta Diesel – Rs. 6,83,431/-
Hyundai i20 1.4 Asta Diesel with Sunroof – Rs. 7,20,430/-

freakdude.
Earlier Magna was equipped with ABS (optional) but not for very long time. Have they started giving it as an optional feature or by default.

Moreover, above are OTR prices or ex-showroom.

I also thought about it but since Megna is coming with ABS. I was hoping against the odd that they would have slashed prices as well. :stupid:

Thread Starter #21
Re: Please Help in Deciding a Hatch in Rs.6 - 8 Lakh Range

Hi all,

I have booked Punto emotion diesel 1.3 Tuscan Wine.

Discount: rsa and corp discount only

Freebies: mats, mud flaps, sun flim, cover

They are also offerring 'polishing' but not sure if it is really needed when car is new. What do punto owners say?

Congrats for booking the Punto. I only wish i had 2 more lac rupees extra in my pocket when i purchased Vista last year. I was bowled over by Punto's exterior build quality and its super sexy looks.
Have you booked the 2012 model? You could have haggled for little more discounts or waited at least a month or so to get discounts since Fiat sells only 3 digit cars every month. lol

See, the top end is always tempting. But even if you end up buying the Figo or Vista or Ritz top end, you will get the same features what you will get in the Punto dynamic or i20 magna. its just that i20 & Punto is loaded to the gills in their top end, which makes it expensive.

So, if you are going for a smaller vehicle top end or punto/i20 middle variant, its one and the same, except that you will get airbags in ritz/vista.
@RAJ_5004:Buddy ritz dont have air bags as per my knowledge..

I have booked Punto emotion diesel 1.3 Tuscan Wine.
Congratulations on the car! Punto would have been my choice too. The i20 would be a very close contender, the only thing against the i20 is the bad handling.

Thread Starter #26

Congrats for booking the Punto.
Thanks!

Yes, I have booked 2012 model. I agree that there would be discounts by Feb mid or so but the delay was causing lot of time waste for me so I closed it sacrificing around 25K :(

Thanks P3T3R!

Hello Hemanthp. Greetings for the day. I will be getting my Maruti Swift VXi - 2012 in another One Weeks Time. I am being doing research from the last 6 months. I have decided to go in for the Maruti Swift Vxi - 2012 at last. Trust me on this Brother! Maruti is the best. This will be my first car in my life! My friends all started buying new cars and trust me i have taken review of thier experience first hand. Beleive me all have some problems or the other. From Fiat, Hyundai, Liva (The Worst) & Ford Figo. Nissan and Renault have limited service Centers. Fiat is strong no doubt but have suspension problems and though still in warranty, the tata workshops make a fuss. Hyundai has bad service in many places as you can check by googling it. Liva is one hell of cheap quality plastics inside and toyota has lost their reputation totally. It looks like a toy. Cheverlot Beat is another bad choice. Drive Kulkayy - One guy takes his Chick to various Shoe Shops and all (In the Ad) Bad move.
But my Friend, Maruti Swift and Ritz (I prefer Swift because it is more spacious) is the right car for this segment! Endless Service Centers every nook and corner. Strong, reliable and feels great while driving. You can keep it for 5 years with any issues. One problem though, Wheels are thin yaar. So i will be going for 205/55/R15 with Evo Alloys. Rs 5,82,000 for Petrol and believe me if you are not driving like a Maniac, will give you a very good average of 16 Kms per liter (Without A/c Ofcourse) in Petrol.
I am not a expert as i told you this is my first car. Looking at peoples review FIRST HAND (My Friends) - I have decided to go for the Swift Vxi - 2012.
Best of Luck Bro! God Bless and Drive Safely!
Cheers & Best Regards,

SAM,
MANGALORE.

Maruti Swift and Ritz (I prefer Swift because it is more spacious) is the right car for this segment! Endless Service Centers every nook and corner.
Hope you realise that swift/ ritz cannot be serviced at every nook and corner service centers but only at authorized service centers and authorized service centers are hard to find at every corners of India....trust me!!
Agreed maruti 800 , alto and zen can be serviced everywhere even at home..!!

Thread Starter #29

SAM, thanks for adding different perspective, I would have actually thought of Swift D if it was available in 3-4 weeks time. Even then it would have been tough decision as we (me and wife) liked Punto a lot.

All Punto experts, can you please answer this question I had below?

They are also offerring 'polishing' but not sure if it is really needed when car is new. What do punto owners say?
Thanks.

lxi.

Suspended

If they are doing so, (free), then get it done, otherwise if they charge for it, it is no need for a new showroom condition car!
And, congrats on your 2012(not nano, punto [:D]).

Do share some pics of the tuscan wine!

Top Bottom