Help in Deciding a Car for My Parents (4 Lakh Budget)

lxi.

Suspended
In my alto, i got a discount of 15k. The on road price without discount was 2.82 lacs and i got for 2.73 with all accesories.

who is the dealer?

Thread Starter #17
Hey 12k is very less! The discounts are more especially in estilo guess 20-30k,these dealers just try to take as much as money,tell him to try with other dealers they may seem to give more.
What's the dealer name?
Dealer is Sarathy Motors, Kollam. Basically dad has not bargained for the best price, he just got the quote from the dealer. Final bargain and decision on the car he has asked me to do. Am sure 12K reduction is very less. I thought the dealer himself will reduce the price by 20K in his first quote [:)] , For sure I will have to go & speak for better deals.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, are you going for estilo vxi or wagonR vxi? Which car did your dad felt better in? You can also ask other dealers for the price qoute and discount on estilo/waggie from B'lore.

Dealer is Sarathy Motors, Kollam. Basically dad has not bargained for the best price, he just got the quote from the dealer. Final bargain and decision on the car he has asked me to do. Am sure 12K reduction is very less. I thought the dealer himself will reduce the price by 20K in his first quote [:)] , For sure I will have to go & speak for better deals.
Yes its better that you can go have a talk,in Bangalore we once had 50k discounts which included exchange offer too.

Buddy, are you going for estilo vxi or wagonR vxi? Which car did your dad felt better in?
Think they decided on Estilo.

You can also ask other dealers for the price qoute and discount on estilo/waggie from B'lore.
It's too troublesome to take the vehicle from Bangalore yaar! The Road tax here is the highest in the country and he has to transfer to KL where again he should pay up tax there,its better to buy from KL only.

Thread Starter #20
Buddy, are you going for estilo vxi or wagonR vxi? Which car did your dad felt better in? You can also ask other dealers for the price qoute and discount on estilo/waggie from B'lore.
Hello Lxi, Dad liked Estilo Vxi. But there is another small twist, hyundai guys brought Eon couple of days back for test drive and he liked that as well. Only thing being there are no discounts on Eon. Price quoted for Eon Magna (Opt) is 3.79lacs.

Yes its better that you can go have a talk,in Bangalore we once had 50k discounts which included exchange offer too.

Think they decided on Estilo.

It's too troublesome to take the vehicle from Bangalore yaar! The Road tax here is the highest in the country and he has to transfer to KL where again he should pay up tax there,its better to buy from KL only.
Hi Vishwas, we are not taking the vehicle from Bangalore, this is from Kerala. As you said Road Tax is highest here since there are no proper roads [;)]

I have opted for Ritz Lxi and awaiting delivery now. See if you can stretch your budget, the base model goes to 4.30 lacs. Its a great car with powerful K12 engine with easy ingress/Egress, nice seating position, comfortable for 4 and can fit in 5 as well. Only the rear tail design is your personal choice.

Forgot to mention, got a discount from maruti of 21K after which it costed to around 4.30 lacs. Check out the latest offers from Maruti on the Ritz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Lxi, Dad liked Estilo Vxi. But there is another small twist, hyundai guys brought Eon couple of days back for test drive and he liked that as well. Only thing being there are no discounts on Eon. Price quoted for Eon Magna (Opt) is 3.79lacs.
You can try Era model it's cheaper thus saving more money for accessories or fuel,think that's enough and works for your dad.

Hi Vishwas, we are not taking the vehicle from Bangalore, this is from Kerala. [;)]
Yes i mentioned this to lxi that's why.
As you said Road Tax is highest here since there are no proper roads
Nice logic our government has.

I have opted for Ritz Lxi and awaiting delivery now. See if you can stretch your budget, the base model goes to 4.30 lacs. Its a great car with powerful K12 engine with easy ingress/Egress, nice seating position, comfortable for 4 and can fit in 5 as well. Only the rear tail design is your personal choice.
Ritz LXI costs more than 4.60lakhs in Kerala so its not advised to buy one,and moreover this car is for his dad,so they are expecting a decent performer.

If its between estilo and wagon R, go for Wagon R. It has more space inside and will have more resale value and of course it will have easy ingress/egress. Estilo IMO is not a good choice. I personally dont like it. I always liked the old zen, but still wonder why maruti stopped it and brought the estilo ?[anger]

Among hyundai, eon is underpowered and that 800 cc motor is not as good as others. I would say i10 is a very good choice. So, i10/wagon R are best picks. If you like the boxy-tall boy design of wagon R, it would be better , because it has more space inside compared to i10 .

Regarding the dealer, why cant you enquire prices at popular and indus ? Being petrols, these have to be given very good offers. I'm seeing many offers in newspaper everyday [;)]

A friend replaced his 4 yr old wagon R with new wagon R vxi,he is 6'10,he would fit in old one,but in the new one he cannot,so guessing it will be going away,he said interior quality on new wagon R is a disappointment.

6ft 10 buddy[shock] he must be tall men , but let's don't go out of topic , mine vote is for Hyundai eon its new small car with decent legroom and boot space .

6ft 10 buddy[shock] he must be tall men , but let's don't go out of topic , mine vote is for Hyundai eon its new small car with decent legroom and boot space .
Yes i just took my friend into reference cos its mentioned in the first post his father is around 6,so any car a person being 6'10(120 kgs odd) can drive should be very comfortable for a decent 6,my friend was very happy with the previous wagon R but hates the new one,he is using a ritz at present,I had recommended wagon R in the beginning cos "Carhead" mentioned his dads height,dont think i would say the same now,guess he should pick a Ritz petrol if he can stretch it as VoyagerDarsh mentioned,They will have discounts on them i am sure.As for Hyundai Eon i have yet to check one out personally,so cant comment much there.

@paigirish I had driven the beat diesel,but i felt its a bit tight for a person around 6(you will fit but not stay comfortable for long) so dont think it would do well,really tiny rear windscreen & the boot was a joke.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
Go for the era model, you can save the money for other accessories your dad likes, like the ICE, seat covers, some decent wheel covers/alloys of your dads choice,etc.

I think the eon to be better than the estilo. Eon will have decent after sales value(at par with waggie), and decent A.S.S. also,

go for it! Era/magna+

Top Bottom