Help in Buying Used Tata Indicab 2007


Thread Starter #1
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
6
Likes
0
Location
hyderabad
1.50k on the odo, Indicab in above average condition.
Like to purchase it for office use @ 1L.
Any estimates on my refurbishment costs.
Thanks in advance.....
 

350Z

Core Team
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
18,399
Likes
6,144
Location
New Delhi
Re: Help in buying Indicab 2007

Is there a specific reason to go with Indicab? Taxis are thoroughly used and quite prone to unexpected repairs. I would advice to avoid one, instead look out for much well maintained private Indicas for sale out there. The estimated cost of refurbishment cannot be told online without checking the car's condition in person.

Drive Safe,
350Z
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
5,937
Likes
211
Location
bangalore
Re: Help in buying Indicab 2007

Totally agree with Z, cab's are always punished and ignored its very difficult to put any number as a refurbishing cost, If running cost is your concern and don't want to stretch your budget, then pick up a good used petrol car and convert it to CNG.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
2,643
Likes
458
Location
Gurgaon
Totally agree with 350Z and buying a TATA that to over 1.5L on ODO is something i would avoid and especially if it has been used as a cab. Since they are prone to unexpected breakdowns. The car might look good from the inside but the main question is how does it look under the hood and the body. So i would not go for this car and suggest you to look from some privately used cars.
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
2,873
Likes
2,149
Location
Madras
Dude, please stay away from Taxis. Atleast 95% of Taxi are abused and we are unlucky to get the rest 5%.

There are few private Indica available for 1.5L, but they are atleast 7~9 years old with less mileage. As mentioned by others it is worth considering a Petrol hatch with CNG option.
 
Thread Starter #6
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
6
Likes
0
Location
hyderabad
Not for personal use, to earn some income on it I like to buy this at 1L.
Probs in car:- Oil leak, AC not working, back pumping, some suspension issues..
Even if i spend 50K extra on repairs i get the full cost in 1 year.
Any suggestions.
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
2,873
Likes
2,149
Location
Madras
Not for personal use, to earn some income on it I like to buy this at 1L.
Probs in car:- Oil leak, AC not working, back pumping, some suspension issues..
Even if i spend 50K extra on repairs i get the full cost in 1 year.
Any suggestions.
1L for car + 50k for repairs and getting it paid back in 1 year. Buddy why don't you get a better car for 2.5L which requires no major repair and after 1 year you can sell it for 1~1.5L (if maintained well) which is more or less same as your calculation. Doesn't this sound better?
 

350Z

Core Team
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
18,399
Likes
6,144
Location
New Delhi
Probs in car:- Oil leak, AC not working, back pumping, some suspension issues..Even if i spend 50K extra on repairs i get the full cost in 1 year.
The point is, why to spend even a single penny for major overhauls when you are getting better options around the same budget?

Drive Safe,
350Z
 
Thread Starter #9
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
6
Likes
0
Location
hyderabad
Only two options for me cab or bolero. Here in Hyderabad 2001 Bolero costs 2L. 2010 cab with no insurance, no battery, no tyres cost 2.6l fixed(odo tampered to 55k). Seen many like these and decided on 2007 vehicle which has no tampering, and service records in T.S.S.
Mechanic says you can run the car for another 50k and later do some refurbishment.
What are the consequences if i leave the suspension as it is.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
2,873
Likes
2,149
Location
Madras
What are the consequences if i leave the suspension as it is.
Depends on condition of suspension.
Worn out suspension will eat up the tyres in no time. May affect ride and handling, failed shock absorbers will make the ride bumpy, incorrect suspension geometry will lead to axle parts failure.
 
Top Bottom