Help in Buying a Used Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
To all TAI members,

First of all greetings from me.

I am Souvik from Kolkata.

I have a Hero Honda Splendor 2000 model and its running fine with no trouble. Now I have decided to buy an used M800 within in a budget of 40-45K maximum. M 800 is my favorite car.

As I am very new in driving/four wheeler world; I dont want to spent much so I have decided to go for an used M800 - [1998 - 2000 model]. Once I get used to with it I will go for new car.

Now my queries are as follows:-

1) Will it be worthy to buy a 1998/2000 model now?[roll]
2) At the time of purchase what will be the primary checklist for the car/papers?
3) Can I get 1998/2000 models within my budget or I can get much newer?
4) What will be the approx spare parts/maintenance cost (monthly) apart from fuel?

Any good suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Souvik

Re: Want to buy used M800

HI, souvik welcome to TAI, with your budget i guess you can look at post 2002 models, please go for the model which comes with the MPFI engine,running cost for 800 should not be expensive.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Want to buy used M800

HI, souvik welcome to TAI, with your budget i guess you can look at post 2002 models, please go for the model which comes with the MPFI engine,running cost for 800 should not be expensive.
Thanks Visran for your suggestion!

Can you give some tips on how to check the vehicles while purchasing.

Regards

Souvik

350Z

Core Team
First of all greetings from me. I am Souvik from Kolkata.
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Souvik. Have a fantastic experience on the forum.

I have a Hero Honda Splendor 2000 model and its running fine with no trouble. Now I have decided to buy an used M800 within in a budget of 40-45K maximum. M 800 is my favorite car.
Your budget looks a little less to me to fetch a decent condition car. Please don't mind extending it to a few more bucks for a better model.

As I am very new in driving/four wheeler world; I dont want to spent much so I have decided to go for an used M800 - [1998 - 2000 model]. Once I get used to with it I will go for new car.
1) Will it be worthy to buy a 1998/2000 model now?
Spending less for the initial purchase, then shelling out later for major repairs later would be the same deal. So please choose a fair model at first place. Not that it will be totally flawless but a thorough inspection before finalizing can pay off. How long you plan to retain the car? Is it going to be used for learning purpose?

3) Can I get 1998/2000 models within my budget or I can get much newer?
Yes. You can easily get up to 2000 Year model within this much budget.

4) What will be the approx spare parts/maintenance cost (monthly) apart from fuel?
Maruti 800 is one of the cheapest to own cars. There are no expenses apart from fuel whatsoever except if the car is suffering with some critical issues.

2) At the time of purchase what will be the primary checklist for the car/papers?
Please refer to the following useful links:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/1147-used-car-inspection-check-list.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/2182-looking-buy-used-car-must-read.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Buying used 2004 Maruti 800 AC MPFI

Hi,
I am about to purchase a 2004 maruti 800 AC @ 55k. please suggest is it a good purchase?

Top Bottom