Help Choosing a Sedan Under 11 Lakhs: Verna, Vento or ??

Thanks friends.. I am happy to inform that have booked a Verna last week. Will get my carbon grey machine mid next month. My dad is totally into astrology, unfortunately I met with a bike accident the very day I booked my Verna, so he asked the dealer to deliver it after this Tamil month - Aadi which is considered as inauspicious here in Tamilnadu. Else the delivery was supposed to be this Friday :`(. Just waiting for this month to pass by.
Congrats on your booking !
Hope to see you soon with your Verna on the ownership reviews page !

Thread Starter #19
why did you booked the verna [anger] cancel it. anger emoticon is not for you but for the pathetic car [anger]
alHyundaicars - I knew abt the high stability issues but am kind of ok with that compared to other things I get. in TD I drove at 150+ and wasn't that bad. Is there anything else you are referring here ?

Thanks guys. it is a carbon grey CRDi. on road cost is 11.41.

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even i have driven at 120 and i don't have any problem with handling or steering but the build quality [anger] and wrong claims of the mileage. It's just an overhyped car and nothing else.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yeah you can say that. looks can be deceiving. perfect example = verna.

well yeah you can't do anything. another member sold his new verna and bought the vento instead.

just a showpiece ?? [surprise] hearing that fe is going down eventually. let me prepare myself to live with that [embarass]
I have clocked 3.6K Km of 1.6 SX Crdi. Avg fuel effieciency in city is 14.8 and on highway it is close to 22 ( this is what the odometer says, i never tried to calculate it myself)
and fuel efficiency is not dropping.
It is just that when ever you refill it goes down but evetually it comes up automatically.

Overall my feedback is it is running 2.8Rs/KM for me (70% city and 30% highway)

congrats celican. its a wonderful car you are getting there and wish you a happy and long association with it.

and come on guys, its one of the best cars you can buy in india today for a million odd rupees. car ownership is also about peace of mind and hyundai totally gives you that.

yeah it is just one month, may be because the manufacturing unit is in Chennai.. Linea is a fiat product, so shouldnt be doubting on the engine. But somehow I am obsessed with Verna, without giving much thoughts on the CONS area blindly booked it...
Remember the handling issues with verna is only after 120+ speeds on highways , do you travel all the time with such speeds ? If he's then you won't find it confidence inspiring and remember IMHO 110+ speeds on any Indian roads in IMHO is unsafe . So all in all you will enjoy the verna .
Just go through numerous threads on verna on our forum you will get so e idea about the best things and problems if there are any too. And congrats the grey looks sexy on the verna .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
congrats celican. its a wonderful car you are getting there and wish you a happy and long association with it.

and come on guys, its one of the best cars you can buy in india today for a million odd rupees. car ownership is also about peace of mind and hyundai totally gives you that.
That's the thing jolicx, people are buying this car based on false claims. All the peoblems of i20 faced by people for years is present in this car. Soon everybody will know this and then we'll see the sales figure.

I was going for the i20 only. Did a lot of reaserch on the car and knew app problems but in the end chucked the idea of i20 and bought the verna instead blindly within 2 days without even checking for any problems and all.

Remember the handling issues with verna is only after 120+ speeds on highways , do you travel all the time with such speeds ? If he's then you won't find it confidence inspiring and remember IMHO 110+ speeds on any Indian roads in IMHO is unsafe . So all in all you will enjoy the verna .
Just go through numerous threads on verna on our forum you will get so e idea about the best things and problems if there are any too. And congrats the grey looks sexy on the verna .
Since i always had hyundai cars , i don't find anything wrong with the handling [:D] i have drove my i10 till 155kmph and have taken the verna upto 120 but i felt nothing.

This problem is faced by people qho shifts from some other company to hyundai.

problems so far.

1. Fe lower than half of the claimed mileage both for diesels and petrols.

2. Design flaws - you will see loads of uneven gaps everywhere on the car. I will give the link afterwards.

3. Suspension thud noise same as i20- not faced by me but any other users.

4. Ac problem same as i20. I have to top up the gas in just 2-3 months.

Since the verna is used for just 500-600 kilometers per month i have faced lesser problems. Lets see how the car will behave after a year or so. I'll keep updating my thread as well other's.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

That's the thing jolicx, people are buying this car based on false claims. All the peoblems of i20 faced by people for years is present in this car. Soon everybody will know this and then we'll see the sales figure.

I was going for the i20 only. Did a lot of reaserch on the car and knew app problems but in the end chucked the idea of i20 and bought the verna instead blindly within 2 days without even checking for any problems and all.

Since i always had hyundai cars , i don't find anything wrong with the handling [:D] i have drove my i10 till 155kmph and have taken the verna upto 120 but i felt nothing.

This problem is faced by people qho shifts from some other company to hyundai.

problems so far.

1. Fe lower than half of the claimed mileage both for diesels and petrols.

2. Design flaws - you will see loads of uneven gaps everywhere on the car. I will give the link afterwards.

3. Suspension thud noise same as i20- not faced by me but any other users.

4. Ac problem same as i20. I have to top up the gas in just 2-3 months.

Since the verna is used for just 500-600 kilometers per month i have faced lesser problems. Lets see how the car will behave after a year or so. I'll keep updating my thread as well other's.

Thread Starter #29
hahaha allhyundaicars, it is the same case with me. Went for I20 and in a week booked Verna. I think I will not have any big surprises as I do have an idea about all possible problem with the machine.

Dahiya, I would call it good economical figure. I will be more happy if I get those figures.

Thanks all for the wishes, I am all excited on my new car [;)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hahaha allhyundaicars, it is the same case with me. Went for I20 and in a week booked Verna. I think I will not have any big surprises as I do have an idea about all possible problem with the machine.

Dahiya, I would call it good economical figure. I will be more happy if I get those figures.

Thanks all for the wishes, I am all excited on my new car [;)]
yeah and i don't want to kill your excitement by saying all these things. in the end there's no car made without problems [;)] so we just have to live with it.

all the paper work was done for the i20 [:D] on 16th decided to buy the verna instead and on 18th got the delivery.

Top Bottom