Help About the Route: Bangalore - Shravanbelagola - Chikmaglur - Belur - Halebedu

Thread Starter #1
Folks,
I am starting to plan for a trip hopefully, either on the weekend 28th-29th july or the week after that. i need your help with planning for the given route:

1. Route being taken:Bangalore-Shravanbelagola-Chikmaglur-Belur-Halebedu:
Can you help me with the route. when i check the same route via google maps, the return road is via tumkur. can someone help with the road conditions and what route to be taken. looking through the maps, this order of visiting the places looks good to me.
2. Places to halt: I was planning that we leave saturday early morning, visit shravanbelagola and then head towards chikmaglur. do a halt there and next day, while returning visit belur and halebedu temples. does this sound good? or is there too much time left free on day 1? what else could be planned? any suggestions around this??
3. Suggestions towards stay and good places to eat: I am already looking for some good place to stay in but any suggestions would be great. please share if you have stayed at some place before and recommend staying there.

Hey i think you might be aware of my thread here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/8510-wet-malnad-trip-alto.html#post183963

Firstly let me know in which part of Bangalore you stay.

I suggest you to leave early as possible for day 1.

Go Via Yeshwanthpur; 8 Mile Road ; Nelamangala; Take a left towards Mangalore; Kunigal after Kunigal some (50kms or so) you will see an Arch in the left for Shravanbelagola have a look at that place and then, reach Hassan( good place to have Lunch)
then straight to Halebedu which is 60 apprx. kms from Hassan and comes in Chickmagalur route itself, don't worry you will have many sign boards to guide you through the places.
After Halebedu, i sugguest you to go for Belur and halt there. (Mayura hotel which is run by KSTDC offers good rooms if not best) they charge round 1.5k. In the morning have a look at Belur Temple and go to Chickmagalur which is 60kms apprx. then you could visit Mullayagiri(have uploaded photos in my thread) if you are interested and have alternatively you could visit other places around.

P.S: Belur has little number of rooms, so if you can drive in dark from Halebedu, try to reach Chickmagaluru,which is big and has more lodges and hotels to eat.

Any idea on the quality of Tumkur-Gubbi-Tiptur-Arsikere-Chikmagalur route?

I am planning on a trip to Chikmagalur during the weekend and was planning on taking the Nelamangala-Kunigal-CR Patna - Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur route.

But my friend suggested that the other route is good. Anyone travelled on this route?
I had travelled last January in the Hassan - Belur route and it was good.

Top Bottom