Hello_TAI

Thread Starter #1
Hi Every One,

I'm Here to share and learn a few things with respect to wheels. I am looking forward to join along in OTR sessions in this forum to learn. [;)]

Having thoughts to get my own 4x4.[:D]

Thanks,
1MPH

PS:
My First and Current Ride is a Fiat Punto MJD 2010 Emotion Pack with 69K on ODO.

Hi,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Good to see an OTR fan onboard. BTW tried some on your Punto :wink: Also let us know which 4*4 do you wish to buy. Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,

Dear Life_At_1MPH,

By the way, what's your crawl ratio?[;)]

Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. Be prepared for an exciting drive ahead.

Do visit the Announcements section and understand the rules of posting on the Forum. Feel free to get in touch with the Moderators in case you need any support.

Time to shift to 4x4L[thumbsup].

Regards,
Sam

p.s.: Do post an ownership review of your Punto.

Thread Starter #6
Akash,

Thanks Man, Have I Tried an OTR in my Punto!
Hell Yeah![:D]

I have this habit of relying on technology a bit more than others, call it GPS in the context here!

Imagine what happens when going on your instincts that says "Don't worry, you can't go missing, you have gps, with local maps'
1 You mostly end up in a line on the phone/gps with no roads in vicinity.
2 Forest department gets angry, gives you a strict warning, saying vehicle will be confisicated next time.
3 You get struck in national park check post for missing entry before the allowed time, after enjoying photographing wild life. Spend the whole night in the car at 10'deg C.
4 Blow up a tyre side wall, bend an alloy, Claim warrenty for suspension struts(good that under body protection is there for my car, else something would have broken there too!)
5 Your direction sense increases many folds, learn new routes, surprise friends, make them go woaaow, you start longing for a 4x4 to explore even newer routes.
6 Know you get more than one spare tyre, learn to change a flat in less than 7 minutes.
This list can go long...

Aneesh,

Thank you!
I am looking at a Gurkha, the only problem is bangalore dealer dont have a TD vehicle yet, says a never ending 2 weeks when ever I call him.

Vijay,

Thank you! Review of punto coming up at 70k on the odo. I am starting to compose as and when i get time, biggest hurdle I see will be collecting all the photos along the ownership timeline.

Sam,

Double Thanks! (another for the LSD clarification in strome thread)
I am very new to offroading, I am in the plans to get a Gurkha.
Punto ownership review will come soon.

I think crawl ratio is 4.1 for the new gurkha. From the reviews I heard going up an obstacle is great, and going down hill requires little breaking.
Waiting for a test drive in bangalore.

A few months back after interacting in facebook with force motors they actually called me to pune for a test drive, I didn't know to laugh or feel sad at that time.[surprise]

May be I need to explore that option soon.

Thank you All.

Akash,

Thanks Man, Have I Tried an OTR in my Punto!
Hell Yeah![:D]

I have this habit of relying on technology a bit more than others, call it GPS in the context here!

Imagine what happens when going on your instincts that says "Don't worry, you can't go missing, you have gps, with local maps'
1 You mostly end up in a line on the phone/gps with no roads in vicinity.
2 Forest department gets angry, gives you a strict warning, saying vehicle will be confisicated next time.
3 You get struck in national park check post for missing entry before the allowed time, after enjoying photographing wild life. Spend the whole night in the car at 10'deg C.
4 Blow up a tyre side wall, bend an alloy, Claim warrenty for suspension struts(good that under body protection is there for my car, else something would have broken there too!)
5 Your direction sense increases many folds, learn new routes, surprise friends, make them go woaaow, you start longing for a 4x4 to explore even newer routes.
6 Know you get more than one spare tyre, learn to change a flat in less than 7 minutes.
This list can go long...
We all would love to hear about your experiences in detail. Sound interesting and at the same time full of adventures.

A very warm welcome to TAI 1MPH.
Looking forward to hear your exploits in detail!

Have a nice stay and look forward to your active participation.

Best Regards
IR

Top Bottom