Hello to TAI from Amit

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Amit here from pune. Simply mad about cars and love to learn everyday from the community like this and also to share my experiences.I have put my first post on the DIY section (sorry for posting prior to introducing myself[:)]). I have a 2009 Ritz VDi(Non ABS).

Would continue to contribute and learn on/from this community. Till then happy and safe driving all of you!.

Cheers!

Welcome to TAI Amit!

Have a very pleasant stay out here and looking from interesting contributions from your end too![:)]

Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone for a nice welcome!

@ safire90. My ride has clocked 34k and I am about to compile my ownership report very soon with exterior and interior pics.Please stay tuned until then.

350Z

Core Team
Hey Amit, Welcome to The Automotive India. Nice nickname. It's always a pleasure to welcome fellow enthusiasts in the team. We hope that you have a pleasant stay here and please do not hesitate to contact us whenever you require any assistance. Looking forward to your Ritz ownership review. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Thanks 350Z. I like using this nickname every where , I first used this on yahoo messenger way back in 1999 the year when I saw my first ever web page on internet (telephone line dial-up days!).
Will definitely seek help from you guys whenever required [:)]

Thread Starter #9
I forgot to introduce to my previous rides. Most of them my family cars which I used to drive.

I will go in line from the year I was born

1978(i was born) HM Ambassador (Mark 3, Owned by my dad) have never driven this car was too young to drive. I only remember the accident which we met in this car. The RH side tyre lost the iron clip and the wheel was loose a large thud and car roated 360 degrees at 50 kmph (thank god nothing happened to any of us)

1988 - Premier Padmini Deluxe BE, Company car given to my dad. Started learning to drive on this vehicle in 1991 in our colony roads(never on the streets was not allowed, ofcourse!)

1994 - Premier Padmini Deluxe BU (Floor gear, Company car given to my dad)

(All were premier padmini's because all these were company cars and they used to replace it every 7 years in we were expecting a car in 1995 but the 1988 padmini had already done 1lac kms and the company was finding it difficult to maintain. Rather they sold it and gave us another padmini for the remaining 1 year, by that time is use to hate this car because M800 was already on roads and I use to question my dad why don't they replace it with this car?)

1995 - Premier Padmini S1 (Bucket seats, A/C , Floor gear, Company car given to my dad)

1997- Hero Puch Shakti 3G (Given by my dad to me for use in Nagpur, I did my engineering from there, I was not allowed for a bike , they said either this or a bicycle [frustration]). By this time I had a permanent license for 4 and 2 wheeler.

2006(got into job) - Maruti Esteem LX(Preowned ,bought it myself, converted it to LPG used until 2009)

2009 Brand New Maruti Ritz VDi

Between 1997 and 2006, I had already left my home for studies this time around my dad's company guy's had a new direction to look on besides the padminis (they were already out of production!). So in the year 2000 they gave esteem vx to my dad and i was very impressed with the ride and drive quality (who will not be after premier padminis [:)]) and in 2008 NHC was replaced by esteem as esteem was going out of production ver soon, which too is fun to drive but I always tell him even your honda does not have the punch of a DDIS engine which I have in ritz!.

So thats all guys about my rides!!

350Z

Core Team
That was an interesting read. Nice knowing that your family shares a very long-term relationship with cars.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
@350X You bet!, me and my mother were planning to drop the padmini off a cliff hehe[evil] and tell to my dad we lost the car!! ask them to replace it with a M800 now[clap]

Top Bottom