Hello To All TAI Members

Thread Starter #1
Gentlemen this is my first write up. I am 59yrs old and I have been driving cars since 1967. I have retired from Air India. My passion is driving ( not any more in heavy traffic ). Drove from Delhi to Shimla, Mumbai to Ooty, Mumbai to Goa, Mumbai to interiors of Konkan. Mumbai to Aurangabad and many small routes. Now living in Mumbai. Want to take Ecosport to Leh.

I am a proud owner of Ford Ecosport.
Booked on 22nd July 2013 at SC ford Mumbai.
Model: 1.5 L petrol, MT, Titanium, Sea Grey.
Received: 1.5 L petrol, MT, Titanium, Silver on 10th Dec. 2013.showing 65 Km on odometer. ( as the only Sea Grey was delivered to a person who booked ealier than me )
Mr.Juned and Ms Manisha from SC ford were very humble and soft spoken.
Additional fitments from SC ford: Rear view camera, Engine oil sump cover, Anti rust and teflon coating.
Only drawback: SC ford delivered the vehicle with just 5 ltrs of petrol.

I have been reading all the write ups and experiences of all the Ecosport owners since I booked my Ecosport.

Recently I drove the vehicle to Pune and back.
My experience: Driving position was good, Steering was light in traffic and slightly heavy on expressway, Clutch pedal was soft, Did not find much problem with "A" pillar, music system was good, I got goodyear tyres they seems to be okay, new car hence closing of all the doors are with thud, not much roll during turning (slightly expected as it is high GC car), slight sound of tyres in the cabin on expressway ( as it is not a tar road ), Lumbar cushion was effective and lastly, kept the speed upto 80-90 Kmph and saw the fuel efficiency needle climb upto 16.2 Avg ( did not check with tank full - tank full as the car is still in its running in period ).
Arm rest found to be 1 - 2 inch short, sluggish pick up in second gear even when the vehicle is rolling, climate control at 23 degree was inefficient.

Overall it was a good driving experience. I am still driving my Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair.
Rgds,
Vintage.

Sirji, my humble welcome to you to The Automotive India! The world needs charming veterans and we're glad to have you with us.

Good that you decided to join TAI before you actually conquered Leh; at least this way we shall be a part of your planning process and the actual trip :biggrin:.

Would love to know more about the vehicles you have owned in the past. I can sniff some exciting threads ahead, even though I am Sam Dinkar and not Sam Hound.

Have a great time here Sir and feel free to contact the Moderators if you want us to accompany you to Leh in case you need any assistance.

Take care of yourself, its always good to have enthu guys like you around[drive].

Regards,
Sam

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for welcoming me to The Automotive India and accepting me as a member.
Following were/are the vehicles owned by my family:
1) 1966 - Ambassedor.
2) 1980 - Standard Herald
3) 1994 - Original Maruti 800.
4) 1999 - Maruti Zen
5) 2004 Till date - Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair
6) 2013 - Ford Ecosport 1.5 L petrol MT, Titanium.

From 1996 till 4-5 years back ( almost every year ) I have been trekking or holidaying in the lovely Himalayas. Also I have been travelling in remote places of himalayas in a Taxi ( either from Delhi or Chandigarh ) with my family. Though I have travelled to quite a few places abroad still I feel its nothing like Himalayas. The urge to go to Himalayas can never diminish once you go there.
Please correct me if I go wrong in writing the threads.
Rgds,
Vintage.

Gentlemen this is my first write up.
Hi Vintage,

Consequent upon your joining to TAI, it has evidenced that age is a no bar here. I am summing up a write up on my Chevy Beat too, which will be posted soon.

Welcome aboard on TAI, have an informative stay. And "Vintage are rare and valuable."

Top Bottom