Hello TAI

Thread Starter #1
Well I have been a member without any registration for quite a long time but now time came up where in I have to sign up as I got some time to chase my passion as a one of the Petrolheads. My name is Viraaj Palkar and I live currently in Mumbai by profession I am a Network Engineer and been working in Dubai from last year now I am in Mumbai for Good. I owned a BMW 328i back in UAE it was a great experience and in India I own an i10 and a recently bought myself a 15 year old Maruti 800 will explain it out in a New thread why Maruti 800? As far as my username goes I have Nissan Skyline is my favourite car I would like to own. But that too the one in 2fast 2furious. Being a tech savvy I am great fan of transformers that explains my Avatar on the TAI.

350Z

Core Team
I owned a BMW 328i back in UAE it was a great experience and in India I own an i10 and a recently bought myself a 15 year old Maruti 800...
Welcome aboard. Switching to i10 from 328i would have felt odd as far as driving pleasure is concerned. No? BTW Congrats on 800. Look forward to read the story behind it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Viraaj,

Welcome to this form. Have a great stay in this automobile environment.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TAI Viraaj..
Bring on the separate thread you were talking about..
Skyline is my favorite too.. [;)]

A very warm welcome to TAI Viraaj!
Have a nice stay here and look forward to your active participation.

Best Wishes
IR

Thread Starter #7
Welcome aboard. Switching to i10 from 328i would have felt odd as far as driving pleasure is concerned. No? BTW Congrats on 800. Look forward to read the story behind it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Indeed 328i was automatic and great experience and looking at costs in India right now I dont see myself driving BM, Audi or Merc in near future. Thanks would create a thread about 800 very soon. [:)]

A very warm welcome to TAI Viraaj!
Have a nice stay here and look forward to your active participation.

Best Wishes
IR
Thank you Iron Rock.

Hi,
Welcome to TAI Viraaj. I am eagerly waiting for the story behind the Maruti 800.
Definitely will start a new thread for Maruti 800

Hello and welcome to TAI Viraaj..
Bring on the separate thread you were talking about..
Skyline is my favorite too.. [;)]
Thnx

Hi Viraaj,

Welcome to this form. Have a great stay in this automobile environment.
Thanx

Hi skyline,

your introduction explains very well how "bad" the tax structure imposed by Indian Govt. is. A person driving 328i in some foreign land is driving a car 1/10th of it's price in his home ground.
As you said you like transformers as do I, I will quote your situation as "Optimus Prime(read 328i) being transformed into Bumbelbee(read i10)".

Anyways, welcome to TAI and looking forward for more interactions!!

Last edited:
Good day mate
Good to see someone likes skyline apart from me.

I've had two Skyline R33 Series II in past here ( one sold and other got stolen in april) and guess what they are just different from rest of the cars you see on the road.

I had the one that was in Fast and furious part 1 , the yellow one the guy used but didn't race in that. It was R33 GTR , GTR has legendary RB26DETT engine (All wheel drive )compared to GTST that I owned had RB25DET (rear wheel drive).

If you reside in Dubai , you can actually buy one there . I remember someone telling me that he had a Chaser there. ( I had a TRD Chaser too that I sold) so must be easy to source.

Welcome aboard, lucky_skyline2002. I myself also recently joined this forum and already enjoying it. :)

BTW, It was beyond my imagination that a guy who drove a BMG is driving a maruti 800 now. It made me curious to focus on two points.

1. How bad our Govt. policies and taxes on automobiles.
2. How great that the maruti build the confidence in their customers.

That said, Happy Riding and many more happy miles and congrats once again. [clap]

Raaj.

Top Bottom