Hello, TAI Members

Thread Starter #1
I moved to Gulf in 2004 and returned to India in 2014. Yes, it is a great feeling being back home after being disconnected from many things that I have treasured while I was in Bangalore. . This move has rekindled my spirits and the first step is of course to get to know people - especially of similar interests.
I left as an automotive person and ended up becoming an Automobile Enthusiast. However, there are some things you never forget; like the Yezdi/Road King not to mention the Old Fox Vespa 150 later Christened as Bajaj 150, Bajaj Super and Lastly Chetak, among the 2 wheelers and the Herald/Fiat and the War Horse Ambassador in the 4 wheelers.
I had started out by Servicing Vespa way back in 1974 when I was 13. Assisted my Father’s friend during engine overhauling of Austin 7 during 1976 – did valve grinding, Head gasket change, etc. With time, that dream became a passion for me and I was fascinated by different features in different cars and wanted to customize my dream car later.

During my lifetime, my Father’s Uncle – a Doctor owned 37 different cars, my Grand Father also a Doctor owned 16 different cars.

My engineering started during 1995 with modifying my Ambassador to OM 616 (Matador 301) diesel Engine, later swapped a 5 speed Gear Box along with modification to Clutch (use TATA 407), reworked the electrical system by including fuse box and different relays. Upgraded Headlights to All-weather Philips 100/90 bulbs, so that the looks of the Car should suit my personality and passion, also it should give the performance.

During 1999, I spend next 2 years modifying the Premier Padmini, converted to Lovato Gas Kit, refitted alternator and modified electrical system. Upgraded Headlights to All-weather Philips 100/90 bulbs. Fitted Premier 118 NE Power Brake system on Premier Padmini – the breaks were good those days after I used TATA 407 Break Fluid Pump with Fluid Reservoir. Remodeled Radiator and affixed additional Fan to run on engine start for extra cooling. Fitted AC but not very pleased.

I shall simply share in chronological order the vehicles I have driven:
Two Wheelers: (Owned by my Father and Self)
1971 Vespa, 1973 Bajaj 150, 1976 Enfield Bullet, 1978 Vijay, 1983 Bajaj Super, 1983 Priya, 1985 Yezdi Classic, 1985 Road King, 1989 Chetak, 1995 LML Pulse, 1998 Kinetic Honda, 2008 Honda Activa, 2012 Hero Pleasure,
Four Wheelers: (Owned by my Father and Self)
1976 Austin 7, 1977 Morris Minor, 1980 Herald, 1982 Austin of England, 1983 Skoda, 1995 Ambassador Mark 3, 1998 Premier Padmini, 2002 Skoda Octavia,
Company Owned but used:
In Saudi Arabia: 2005 Daewoo Cielo, 2006 Suzuki Baleno,
In Abu Dhabi: 2007 Toyota Hilux, 2007 Toyota Corolla,
In Dubai: 2008 Honda Civic,
In Oman: 2008 Nissan X-Trail, 2008 Mazda 3, 2009 Suzuki Vitara V6, 2010 Mazda 6
In Saudi Arabia: 2011 Skoda Octavia, 2011 Chevrolet Lumina V6, 2011 Honda Accord V6, 2011 Toyota Corolla, 2012 Chevrolet Caprice V8, 2012 GM Chrysler V8, 2013 Mazda CM9, 2013 Toyota Rav4, 2013 Toyota Fortuner,

In Bangalore: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Emotion (Owned)

Now the next dream and desire is to own a Skoda Rapid and travel the entire length - breadth of the country. You will find it silly or you may say, what so special in all this, but for me, these are the milestones of my life, when I lived up my dreams and dreaming to live longer with my dreams.

I will post the pics of my Skoda Rapid and adaptations in my car, if you wish to see my achievements. This probably gives fellow members some idea of what madness runs in my mind.

I have some knowledge that I have accumulated over the years, and I would be pleased to share with anyone who asks. Do allow me the same.

Hi,
First of all, awesome thread!! Welcome to the forum. Have a fantastic stay here. And what a long list of cars! We also do have an Ambassador fitted with matador engine. Very happy reading about the amby [:)]
Now the next dream and desire is to own a Skoda Rapid and travel the entire length - breadth of the country. You will find it silly or you may say, what so special in all this, but for me, these are the milestones of my life, when I lived up my dreams and dreaming to live longer with my dreams.
Anyone else might find it silly, not us petrolheads. We all are petrolheads, guys having similar passion. We understand such feelings and I am quite sure most of us have many such dreams.
I will post the pics of my Skoda Rapid and adaptations in my car, if you wish to see my achievements. This probably gives fellow members some idea of what madness runs in my mind.
Please do post the same.

Best regards,
Harikrishnan

Top Bottom