Hello TAI Members

Thread Starter #106

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Welcome back!
But the most important question , how is your father's health?
Another imp question: How is your and your loved ones health ?
Hi Mayank. Dad is doing well by god's grace. His Sugar levels are very much in control and so is his BP. I have so far made sure not to let him out of the house unless absolutely necessary like visiting the medicine shop or to ATM. He never goes out without mask. Spends time reading novel in our sitting area inside the house gates. As far as my health goes, have lost a couple of kgs by controlling diet, giving up aerated sugar drinks except diet coke and not taking rice at night. Rest all well. Hope you all are doing well too and keeping yourself safe.

Kanpur mein baarish ho rahi hai? Noida is still not having the monsoon rains whereas greater noida gets rains more often.

It's a few years since we last interacted, so you still look and sound as much scary only, or things have changed for good? "Aap toh waise hi daraane ki cheez hain, ab kaisa chal raha hai?"
Lala sudhar jao[:D] Last we interacted about 14 months back i.e in 2019 summer when my Nexon's clutch cylinder went off. Aur Meerut mein ho? How's everything there? How's everyone at your place?

@350Z start talking to the concerned guys again. Shall we start with Harrier AT or the City? Or maybe the Polo TSi!
Indeed lets break the monotony now. But will it be possible to get a media car considering the rules and regulations of inter-district traveling and the health protocols. Noida & Greater Noida alongwith Ghaziabad has got lot of active cases. Infact doing review on weekend may not be possible either due to weekend lockdown in U.P i.e from Friday night to Monday early morning. Lets restart in August end or Early September depending on situation in U.P & Delhi. Mumbai I feel is out of list atleast for 2020 as far as reviews are concerned considering present situation.

Leaving this forum back was never an option, it's just that the life was quite tough for a few years. In fact last time when I tried logging in again, I had forgot my password and the reset mail came after 15 min!
Same here. Family front has been turbulent for me due to dad's health and due to that I too had to stay off for a longish duration. Yet, getting back to the forum has been always a wonderful feeling. Nice to see some really well written ownership reviews recently here.

By the way is our @Iron Rock still active?
+ where is @vijay ? @Vishwas & @Akash ?

Hey guys nice to see all back...
We all were sure to return sooner or later as we have got so much love & affection and the cohesiveness & brotherhood here is unparalleled. If I am not mistaken, you write very good travelogues with lots of pics.

Last edited:
Lala sudhar jao[:D] Last we interacted about 14 months back i.e in 2019 summer when my Nexon's clutch cylinder went off.
Ehh, Tata - Yet again!

Aur Meerut mein ho?
Gurugram, since 23 March 2020

How's everything there? How's everyone at your place?
Everything good, I am in Ggn and Father in Ddn!

weekend lockdown in U.P i.e from Friday night to Monday early morning
Leave that on me, I can sense wide open roads on weekends. Secondly the entire Haryana is open now, so there is more than enough of the space to carry out the media drives. Even I also have limited equipment with me now; but one needs to start to get the ball rolling.

We all were sure to return sooner or later as we have got so much love & affection and the cohesiveness & brotherhood here is unparalleled.
This forum is more about interactions, brotherhood and a sense of freedom. Leaving it back is not possible, inactivity was only due to some major issues though.

But yes, it's a pure coincident that me and reporter saab got active again within 24 hours, that too when we haven't heard from each other for more than a year!

@350Z is there any guide for using the forum now? I am finding it difficult to explore, the older one was rather very simple and lucid IMO.

Thread Starter #109

Akash1886

Honoured Member

350Z

Core Team
@350Z start talking to the concerned guys again. Shall we start with Harrier AT or the City? Or maybe the Polo TSi!
Yes, it’s high time we must resume. I’ll discuss further on this through PM or Mail.

By the way is our @Iron Rock still active?
Yes. He visits the forum often but is more of a lurker at the moment.

@350Z is there any guide for using the forum now? I am finding it difficult to explore, the older one was rather very simple and lucid IMO.
Trust me, our new software (XenForo) is more interactive and accessible. It’s all about getting used to. Previously most of the internet forums were based on vBulletin, so it might take time for some of us to adjust.

The Announcements Section is updated with complete pictorial guides. Do let me know if further support is required.

Wish to see the following guys too back on our forum
@auto Pilot , @saroya , @incarnation , @jagrover @furious_driver @kasscon and many others who use to be very active here in 2017-2018

Regards
Akash
Amen.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks Sir. Hope all good at your end. You as usual are updating us all with the latest. I was truly touched with your concern Sir. Waiting to get in touch again with the guys @gearhead2 @mayankdixit @bhvm et al.

Vibhor did inform me and I replied to him. Where is he today?? @350Z kahan ho bhai?? Swagat to karo hamara[lol] So how is it all going Vibhor? Hope you and all in family are doing well. Until this day, My car isn't having the TAI sticker[:D] Just a gentle, humble, subtle and peaceful reminder for the sticker and thanks for further encouraging me with the award. It truly mean alot.

Take Care
Akash
Ahoy there, Akash!

Arre Bhai, maye to beech beech may post karta rahta hoon. Usually in the pets or travelogue sections. The thing is that in keeping with the times & circumstances, frequency of posting has reduced a great deal.
Now tell me, how are you and all at home? We hope and pray that all is on even keel. At this end too all is well.

From what I see in the posts we are all waiting for the old "normal" to return quickly. Which is really sad - because according to all the pundits in the associated fields, it may be a very long time before things
return to "normal", if ever. But we are a resilient species (homo sapiens) and we have bounced back from earlier calamities / pandemics.

So let us now get back into action again!
What are you hearing about the Chinese forays into our market (SAIC, GWM, Changan....)? Are they going to be affected by the current anti-China sentiments in the country? Speaking personally,
I'd be happy if they are shown the door.
Any news about M&M's entry into the e-vehicles segment? I don't mean the e-Verito, but state-of-the-art examples like the Nexon EV? Anything further on the Tesla plans for India?
With best regards and good wishes,
Shashanka

Thread Starter #113

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Ahoy there, Akash!

Arre Bhai, maye to beech beech may post karta rahta hoon. Usually in the pets or travelogue sections. The thing is that in keeping with the times & circumstances, frequency of posting has reduced a great deal.
Correct Sir, this situation has absolutely changed the pattern of our lives.

Now tell me, how are you and all at home? We hope and pray that all is on even keel. At this end too all is well.
All good Sir. Just spending the Sunday siting at home.

From what I see in the posts we are all waiting for the old "normal" to return quickly. Which is really sad - because according to all the pundits in the associated fields, it may be a very long time before things
return to "normal", if ever. But we are a resilient species (homo sapiens) and we have bounced back from earlier calamities / pandemics.
True Sir, I guess at least 18-24 months might be the span before we reach pre-covid19 lifestyle. However, some good practices have been learnt by many of us i.e wearing of masks, hand hygiene and rules of cleanliness. These lessons would stay with us atleast for this lifetime. We'll tell our future generations about how we all tackled this situation with utmost bravery and unity.

So let us now get back into action again!
In marine language, lets increase the speed of TAI ship by some more knots. Isn't it!

What are you hearing about the Chinese forays into our market (SAIC, GWM, Changan....)? Are they going to be affected by the current anti-China sentiments in the country? Speaking personally,
I'd be happy if they are shown the door.
I guess apart from the new rules and regulations which have been put in place by our Govt. it is very much necessary for us as responsible citizens to stand with our country first and support the cause which is going to help our country grow and become self-reliant. It is high time that we indeed should be more 'VOCAL FOR LOCAL'

In context of automobiles, The important question is whether Indian automotive media is willing to avoid / ignore the Chinese auto brands i.e neither give them media coverage nor attend any event pertaining to them in future. If you ask me personally, I don't have trust in Chinese quality & products.

Any news about M&M's entry into the e-vehicles segment? I don't mean the e-Verito, but state-of-the-art examples like the Nexon EV?
Last I remember seeing KUV-1OO electric & e-XUV 300 at Expo this year. I do hope they bring it on. The charging infra is building up slowly but steady progress is there. Also an e-Altroz should make its way to our roads asap.

Anything further on the Tesla plans for India?
With Govt. providing great support to foreign companies to invest in India, Lets hope Elon Musk too builds up a facility here. Just wishing!

Regards
Akash

Correct Sir, this situation has absolutely changed the pattern of our lives.

All good Sir. Just spending the Sunday siting at home.

True Sir, I guess at least 18-24 months might be the span before we reach pre-covid19 lifestyle. However, some good practices have been learnt by many of us i.e wearing of masks, hand hygiene and rules of cleanliness. These lessons would stay with us atleast for this lifetime. We'll tell our future generations about how we all tackled this situation with utmost bravery and unity.

In marine language, lets increase the speed of TAI ship by some more knots. Isn't it!

I guess apart from the new rules and regulations which have been put in place by our Govt. it is very much necessary for us as responsible citizens to stand with our country first and support the cause which is going to help our country grow and become self-reliant. It is high time that we indeed should be more 'VOCAL FOR LOCAL'

In context of automobiles, The important question is whether Indian automotive media is willing to avoid / ignore the Chinese auto brands i.e neither give them media coverage nor attend any event pertaining to them in future. If you ask me personally, I don't have trust in Chinese quality & products.

Last I remember seeing KUV-1OO electric & e-XUV 300 at Expo this year. I do hope they bring it on. The charging infra is building up slowly but steady progress is there. Also an e-Altroz should make its way to our roads asap.

With Govt. providing great support to foreign companies to invest in India, Lets hope Elon Musk too builds up a facility here. Just wishing!

Regards
Akash
Akash, I think I have been missing something important because of my irregular communications with TAI over the past few months. After going through the recent posts in this thread I understand that things at your end have not been on an even keel in the recent past. How is your father now? I wish him a happy and quick recovery. How about the other family members? And how have you been keeping? Over time I had begun to look on you as a younger brother. While reading the posts from the various members in this thread (mayank, nairrk, bhvm and all the others) I can understand the great sense of camaraderie and warmth that each of them brings to the forum. My sincere wish and hope is that this wonderful platform grows and prospers in the future and that you and 350Z at the helm lead it through cam seas!

Thread Starter #115

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, I think I have been missing something important because of my irregular communications with TAI over the past few months. After going through the recent posts in this thread I understand that things at your end have not been on an even keel in the recent past. How is your father now? I wish him a happy and quick recovery. How about the other family members? And how have you been keeping? Over time I had begun to look on you as a younger brother. While reading the posts from the various members in this thread (mayank, nairrk, bhvm and all the others) I can understand the great sense of camaraderie and warmth that each of them brings to the forum. My sincere wish and hope is that this wonderful platform grows and prospers in the future and that you and 350Z at the helm lead it through cam seas!
Yes Sir, dad is now doing fine. He had a heart ailment earlier in 2019 which required a lot of care and attention post hospitalization. Couldn't let everything be done by mom as well so I decided to take a step back from our forum and be by my dad's side. Both me & Arvind (my chauffeur) took his care. With medication & diet control, things have been in control since 1+ year now. That phase was quite a tough one but by god's blessings we managed it through. Sir, treating me as your brother is something extremely gratifying and I am blessed to have got this honor.

Sir, my intro on our TAI is more about "we" and less about "me" now . Be it @mayankdixit @bhvm (babu banarsi) @type-r @TSIVipul @350Z @ksdr and many more of my TAIgers have been an inseparable part of my thoughts and over the years we all built this humorous and beautiful connect with each other. The best part is even if we don't chat on regular basis, yet, we have each other in our thoughts at some point. I too believe with team work and consistent contribution we all together will further raise the bar of participation & content of our TAI.

With the beautiful emotions and sentiments shared on this thread till now, it has now become more of a TAI Memoir which has so many wonderful expressions from my TAIgers. The thread is blessed.

Regards
Akash

Last edited:
Every time you call for me, I start getting goosebumps!! Then I open this thread and feel relaxed knowing that my fear was uncalled for. That said, take care of your dad - and then be back with your old reporter saab skill "choti bandh ke"!

TAI Memoir
That's too much of English for me, so I went straight to Google; and got this:
memoir.JPG

Hello Akash,
My sincere apologies to you and the forum at large. The fact is that, tho' I am fine in general, there is still some weakness (post-covid) that persists and it is going slowly.
No my friend, we have not added any extension to our family as yet. As you know, pets require large inputs from you in terms of time, energy, love and of course wherewithal.
So we are still hesitant and will leave it to the future!
No, I haven't heard from @Nanofreak either. Do let me know if you get any news. You are right - all these folks added to the life of the forum. The only news I can share from my side is that last week we booked the Thar (LX hardtop, petrol, manual), tho' the waiting period is 36-38 weeks as per the dealer! Akash, have any other members gone in for the Thar. I would love to hear from them.

Now tell me, my friend, how about news from your end? Any wedding bells yet? How are your parents and the other members of your family?
From now on I'll try to get back into the groove again and resume activities on our well-loved forum - long live TAI! I really missed you all

With love and regards'
Shashanka

Thread Starter #120

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Akash,
My sincere apologies to you and the forum at large. The fact is that, tho' I am fine in general, there is still some weakness (post-covid) that persists and it is going slowly.
Oh! So, have you and ma'am taken the vaccine? Wish you get back to best of health at earliest.

No my friend, we have not added any extension to our family as yet. As you know, pets require large inputs from you in terms of time, energy, love and of course wherewithal.
So we are still hesitant and will leave it to the future!
Indeed.

No, I haven't heard from @Nanofreak either. Do let me know if you get any news
He has perhaps also joined a parallel car forum.

You are right - all these folks added to the life of the forum.
[thumbsup]

The only news I can share from my side is that last week we booked the Thar (LX hardtop, petrol, manual), tho' the waiting period is 36-38 weeks as per the dealer! Akash, have any other members gone in for the Thar. I would love to hear from them.
All New Mahindra Thar Ownership

Now tell me, my friend, how about news from your end? Any wedding bells yet?
A lot has gone by Sir personally. Wedding has taken a back seat have some more important responsibilities to fulfill prior to that. BTW, would like to have your blessing on this thread. Would also request you to open the 1st page of this thread to get the details of how it all happened.

How are your parents and the other members of your family?
Apart from my parents Sir, not bothered about the other members of family. My Parents are fine. Some age related health issues keep coming and going. Wish god keeps them healthy and happy.

From now on I'll try to get back into the groove again and resume activities on our well-loved forum - long live TAI! I really missed you all
@gearhead2 Sir, aap jaise log iss forum ki strength ho. Members of your experience and stature are an inspiration to us. Lesser learned and knowledgeable people like me look up to you and to our TAI to learn each day something new. Keep yourself present as much as possible, Sir.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom