Hello TAI-gers!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi petrolheads,
Needless to say, I am new to this forum. I’ve always had a passion for cars since childhood when I was in fifth grade. I’m in automobile engineering 3rd year now and when I was in first year, a modded vtec zoomed past me and that was when the car bug bit me. I started asking an advice from my dad, friends, aunties, uncles, relatives, beggars, my dog, and everyone including my ex-girlfriend who was also a petrolhead. Well I thought of buying a 550i pre-owned but ended up with a pre owned SX4; so yeah, I think that’s a good buy :biggrin:. Then came the moment of modifying it. Since I had the non-VVT version, there wasn’t enough low end torque and not a very good power delivery too in the low end and all the 102 ps felt like it was near the 5000-6000 mark. So it meant that I had to work through the gears, which itself was another drama as the gear lever isn’t the best, to shift through the gears. So I then thought of an ECU remap and then did it and it jumped the power to 114bhp at crank. I still don’t remember the torque figure though I think they are more than 150nm. Then came the K&N cold air intake and then came the FFE - last in and first out : it was too loud and even my gf didn’t like it and there was literally no way to convince her.....so gave up and scrapped it. All was good until another bug bit me. I had a friend who had an OHC vtec and even my dad had one. However, my dad’s one was stock whereas, this guy’s OHC vtec produced a whopping 170whp!!! I was flat... I saw the vtec kick in live in front of my face.. I was damned by the need of a vtec. My daily chanting was like “OM NAMAAH VTEC”. I fact, when we bid farewell to our seniors, one guy called me as the VTEC baba. That itself shows how much I loved the vtec. Third year begins, birthday comes, and again the vtec bug bit me. Generally, people expect gifts from their parents, but here, I demanded a gift from my parent. My gf advices me to only stick with the ohc vtec and not the nhc or anhc due to the lack of feel and driving pleasure. But as expected, whatever I plan to buy won’t be bought by me! So as usual, I bought a civic V MT. The discussion between my girlfriend and me was like:
Le gf : hi! Did you buy the ohc. I would help you to get it modded. I know many ohcs that have been turboed.
Le me: do you know any civic turbos??
Le gf: are you kidding me right now??
Le me: yep, I did it again! Another hilarious purchase that I made my dad to buy!!
Le gf: Fine! I have never really understood you till now, nor do I think I would in the future! Anyways, I’ll be the first one to sit in it!
Then came the issues with the civic. I did the same with the sx4 to the civic and the ffe was again a last in and first out since it was also another Chinese crap..but my gf did like the civic. It felt very much alive during the vtec range. We’ve loved it. However then came engine issues and the head gasket was blown many times...the tires had no life left (kinda costly to replace), the interiors have aged... and then the car also felt like as if it lost energy. Both my dad and my gf wanted me to keep it( two different thinking - dad liked FE and looks, gf liked its heart), but as stubborn as I am, I sold it. I regret selling it even now!!

If you’ve read till here, you’ve a lot of patience!
So now again I am here with another big query and also decided to buy another car, possibly another civic but since my purchases are HIGHLY UNPREDICTABLE, who knows what I’ll buy!!

Anyway, I guess my story itself tells you about all of my characteristics.
I hope I will have a fun time here at TAI.

Regards,
Sri.

woah!!!!!
thats an exciting and thrilling Introduction dude
welcome to the world of TAI, you will find lots of like minded enthusiasts like you here.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Welcome Sri to The Automotive India. Hope you'll provide us all with a detailed review of your cars and share your insights with us regarding the automotive field. Looking forward to your active participation and do get in touch with fellow members for any query.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
woah!!!!!
thats an exciting and thrilling Introduction dude
welcome to the world of TAI, you will find lots of like minded enthusiasts like you here.
Thanks! You do have a really nice ride though. Where do you get it detailed? Looks so clean! I love the new baleno!

Welcome Sri to The Automotive India. Hope you'll provide us all with a detailed review of your cars and share your insights with us regarding the automotive field. Looking forward to your active participation and do get in touch with fellow members for any query.

Regards

Akash
Thanks! I’m already in love with this forum now! Finally late night browsing isn’t as boring as it was before :biggrin:

Thanks! You do have a really nice ride though. Where do you get it detailed? Looks so clean! I love the new baleno!
Thanks SX4_lover
No special detailing done yet, but am thinking about doing some treatment to my car. Looks clean coz its just a year old.
Baleno is Fantastic car, loving every ride with it.

Top Bottom