Hello Petrol Heads in TAI!

Thread Starter #1
I am in TAI for the last 8 months but forgot to give a introduction.Anyways,here it is.
I am Shrijit Saha from Kolkata.I am mainly passionate about cars espicially the Indian Icon-The 800.I study in class 7 and have started a thread about my grandfather's 94 Omni.Presently,I am learning DIYs from the gurus such as Anand,Varun,Adil and so on.My wish is restore old classics.Here is the link to my Omni thread.Thanks...
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/nostalgic-era/23853-my-1994-maruti-omni-rejuv.html

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Hello Petrolheads in TAI!(posting late)

Dear Shrijit, it is interesting and humbling to know such a young automotive enthusiast is among us. It is good to nurture your passion and hobbies with right resources from beginning itself. I wish you have a good and learning experience in The Automotive India. Do devote equal time in your studies as it is equally important to build a sound and bright future dear. All the very best!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Re: Hello Petrolheads in TAI!(posting late)

Dear Shrijit, it is interesting and humbling to know such a young automotive enthusiast is among us. It is good to nurture your passion and hobbies with right resources from beginning itself. I wish you have a good and learning experience in The Automotive India. Do devote equal time in your studies as it is equally important to build a sound and bright future dear. All the very best!

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash,this is what my parents are telling me-Studies first as I most of the time I am Investing time during afternoon in DIYs on the Omni and Jazz.Father told that he will hide the car keys. [cry]A achievement is that I convinced my parents not to sell the Omni though grandfather-the owner was skeptical about it and got it repainted by MASS.[thumbsup]When the car came back sparkling new in febraury this year,it was the day before my maths exams and I had got a nice beating for not being able to solve a single sum.After saying awake till midnight,I finally scored 70/80!Yes- Time for DIYs is less than Time for studies.Thanks for encouraging me.
A Story before buying the OMNI
My grandfather had ordered aVespa back in the early 70sand paid 500RS booking charge.After a long time,the salesmen told that the scooter was ready.However, he did not collect it as he thouught that ,"no,one day I earn a lot of money and buy a large car".This dream came true on Febraury 94 when he ordered the Omni and did collect it on 29TH December 1994.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
It has been a fascinating experience here at TAI over a year.I get to learn something new from different petrolheads in TAI.I would like to express my thanks to all petrolheads for different informative suggestions and moderators for editing my posts whenever there is anything inappropiate.
Thanks again,

Top Bottom