Hello from Vivek @ Pune

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,
I am Vivek and work in software research. Based in Pune. For the Pune based I live on NIBM Road and work in Hadapsar.

Excited to join the TAI forum. Have been a part of couple of automotive forums earlier, Scorpio Fans and PUG (Palio User Group) and they have both been great places to hang out, learn and share.

I found this forum particularly useful last couple of weeks since I was trying to make up my mind on the SUV question of the day, Toyota Fortuner vs Mitsubishi Pajero. Thanks to @IronRock's superb review as well as some others at T-Bhp, I have just booked a Blue Pajero Sport from Pethkar Motors.

The Pajero would be my 6th vehicle. I currently have an Innova and a Palio Sports. The Innova is a temporary solution as I was trying to find a worthy upgraded successor to the 2003 Scorpio DX I had till early 2015. That was a worthy animal good for both city driving and for the great outdoors and we (both my wife and I like to drive) clocked 160,000 kms before we thought the time had come to move to another vehicle. Prior to that we had 2 Indicas, an Indica V2 Petrol with power steering and an Indica V2 Diesel without. We drove over most of the India with the first Indica, from close to the Tibet border to deep South.

Thanks for allowing me to join TAI and look forward to interesting discussions. Would be particularly interested in matters to do with the Pajero and in Pune based meets.

Vivek

welcome on board vivek, you have a nice line up of cars and the pajero sport is a wonderful vehicle i heard that there was a facelift version coming up, so are you getting the facelift version???. Nice to know you owned two indian brand cars and SUV would like to know your take on these cars please do pen down about your ownership in the ownership review.

Also take some time to go through the forum protocols which would help greatly.

Once again welcome to the TAI Family.

Thread Starter #3
i heard that there was a facelift version coming up, so are you getting the facelift version???.
I did not hear about any face-lift version. The MT 4x4 I am getting is the same as the 2013 Anniversary edition except for the addition of a MID above the central information console (same as in the AT). Was that what you meant? There is a version being released in Thailand in 2016 which has a lot of chrome in the bonnet and front grill but rumors are that this version will reach Indian shores only in 2017.

Nice to know you owned two indian brand cars and SUV would like to know your take on these cars
Thanks. Will do in the appropriate threads. I suspect the Indica 2 threads must be long buried but they were good robust cars.

Also take some time to go through the forum protocols which would help greatly.
Thanks, I did that

Thread Starter #6
Incarnation:
I met with the regional manager of Hindustan Motors responsible for Pune. He confirmed that the Pajero version being released in Thailand will reach India only in 2017.

He also laid to rest rumours that Mitsubishi and HM are likely to go their separate ways. He said his CEO had just returned from a meeting with Mitsubishi and there were NO plans for a break up.

Top Bottom