Hello from Ambi Lover

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is akram from Bangalore, a new enthusiast to build a ancestor car Ambi.

Want to know if any ambi lovers on board.

Regards,
indiakram[;)]

Re: Ambi Lover

Hi Indiakram,welcome to TAI. Great to see an amby lover, we have some amby lovers on-board, all the best to the restoration work.

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to reach the team for assistance:-)

Hello and welcome aboard akram. Would love to see how your ambi looks after the built is complete. Good luck. Cheers and drive safe always. Prashi.

Hello and welcome to TAI Indiakram.

Ambi is one of the best, toughest and comfortable car.

I still remember when we use to have 3-4 ambi's at one point of time. I was a kid at that time.

350Z

Core Team
This is akram from Bangalore, a new enthusiast to build a ancestor car Ambi. Want to know if any ambi lovers on board.
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. There are some Amby lovers on the forum, including myself. We would also love to read about your Ambassador. Have a nice experience on the forum. Here are a couple of interesting links: :smile:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-ambassador-diesel-2005-ownership-review.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ambassador-mk-ii-back-its-original-shape.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
oh! O! I am glad and excited now, wanted this circle of like minded people. Well will upload the snap at earliest. (traveling presently). major works are down, painting and tinkering is done. Isuzu g1 engine is fitted. But the quality work still remains ahead.lots of engine sound , clutch bearing needs to be changes, humming in cabin, suspensions not in balance-steering are tight than expected. So here on the story begins, how i reach out to right hands and how ambi comes to life.

would love to thank each of you for showing up. I have read each of reply, thanking in mass becausing of travelling.

Akram a very warm welcome to TAI, good to hear your Ambi project , suggest you please post a thread describing your adventures so far with the Ambi project.

Best Wishes

Hi Indiakram, Welcome to TAI. Here in Kolkata Ambis' are still popular and are still 90% of the taxi segment.
Best of luck with your restoration project.

Thread Starter #14
To shorten the story(which never happens anyways), Ambi has been a family fav - all in family are healthy enough so any vehicle - no fits, but ease with Ambi. So i was behind father since 2006, (b&w days) I was shifting from Hyderabad to Hospet and Dad offered me do it in Ambi.

Well that was the hands on experience - Ambi with Toyota 2C, Uff the way i was covering was amazing, so had to happen a AMBI FAN :-) with 5 people and dickey full of luggage, the pull, the smootness, the comfort made me - Ambi Fan!!!!

In Year 2007, I was based in Delhi had started to make some handsome money and was behind dad to help me build a Ambi. Ambi started to join family, but every visit would upset because the vehicle would be quantitative but not qualitative.

So time went by opportunity started to ponder, Bangalore residing came up, we started to look for skill where we can build my ambitious Ambi. Bangalore was not much to offer, one old friend of dad came into picture for painting and tinkering, so two months commitment stretched to 3 but finally the long stood Ambi stood to expectations.

So the looks got the beauty it needed but about the pull/strength lacked. It was pain to drive, reaching 100 took 3 mins as Ambi pocket was with IsuzuB1 with life time over needed a change again.

So we started again a engine search Bangalore gave us a bad impression - (should not mention name) bangalore scrap yard showcased the engines IsuzuG1 but price given was 35k just Engine, Gearbox 35k - upsetting, isnt it?

Requested friends in Chennai for enquiry it in locally for IsuzuG1, but only assurance kept coming but no news. Again dads contact had to come in picture after a months search one unit from Rajmundry reached us for 29k with engine, gearbox and Joint.

So now reach 100 is so quick we wonder if its same Ambi, but the qualitative work is pending. This needs a special work of tuning up and reducing engine noise, humming etc etc.

Approached few mech in Bangalore, many rejected as they do not want to work on Ambi. Few showing interest do not present themselves with confidence, so now searching for genuine mech in bangalore and it should be bang alone as it has to live with me here.

Thread Starter #15
All thanks to my brother, who did all the efforts of visiting Davangere everytime and bring it to the required quality.

Top Bottom