Hello Everybody. Anand (SS80) Here

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

Anand here from Bangalore. I love automobiles (especially cars).
Most of my friends have to say only one thing about me - "He talks a lot about cars!". However, I do listen & read lot more about CARS. I have been reading TAI threads for the past few months.

I work as a recruiter, I am a Bangalorean. I chose ss80 as my username, as I am planning to buy & restore a Maruti ss80 (1st generation 800 launched in India). I like cars which have very less electronics, they are crude yet lovable.

I will need all you experienced (as in owning, driving, knowledge about cars) guys to help me. I driven only these cars extensively till now -
1. Hyundai i10 (auto)
2. VW Vento Highline (Diesel)
3. Ford Ikon Flair (1.3 Petrol)
4. Maruti Suzuki Alto
5. Tata Indica (Test drive only)
6. Hyundai Eon (Test drive only)

My dream car is a BMW 320.

Thank you for providing me an opportunity to join TAI. TAI Rocks!!![cheers]

Re: Hello everybody, Anand (ss80) here

Hello Anand welcome to TAI. Good luck with your purchase and restoration of SS80. What are the vehicles currently you own now?

Hi Anand,

Recruiter from B'lore[surprise]. Well it is nice to see you here.

Welcome to TAI & have a pleasant stay at TAI with us.

Welcome aboard Anand. Good to note that your friends also think that you talk about cars. I am sure in time people at TAI would also second them.

Have a pleasant stay at TAI and do let us know if you need any support from us.

Hi Anand, Welcome to TAI. Have a pleasant time here. Hope to read and see detailed plan and restoration of the SS800 you plan to do.

Thread Starter #9

Ananad welcome to TAI, nice to see a HR here [:)]
Thanks everybody for the support & greetings.

Hello Anand welcome to TAI. Good luck with your purchase and restoration of SS80. What are the vehicles currently you own now?
Thank you Sir,

Currently I own a bike - Bajaj Discover 100cc 2009 model. I want to purchase a used car & restore it to Original condition with some good music system, alloys, interiors. I want my first car to be something very special, something unique. That's why i chose ss80.

Hello Anand Welcome to TAI from another Bangalorean;Good to see another person having keen interest to buy classic SS80 and restore,Well that's a good start
You may refer the following threads so you may get a real scenario of owning an SS80:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/nostalgic-era/3677-maruti-800-ss80-indian-classic.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/nostalgic-era/4300-my-ss80-restoration-process.html

Have a pleasant stay
I read all the pages in those threads you mentioned above. My confidence has risen to a new level. Thank you sir.

Hi Anand, welcome, good to see another 800 owner !!
I am Sorry[confused], my introduction post dint contain all the details. I am yet to buy a car. I am planning to buy a used ss80 (as old as possible), for a low price and then restore it. I will also get to learn lots of things in restoration & about cars. I love TAI. Thanks guys.

Oh please don't call me a Sir , i am just 22 years old , i am quite sure you are much elder to me!

Pleasure that you read the reviews.

Oh please don't call me a Sir , i am just 22 years old , i am quite sure you are much elder to me!
^^ Ditto am just 21 years old!

350Z

Core Team
Warm welcome to The Automotive India, Anand. That’s a very nice plan you have in mind. There are a few members in our forums who have already restored SS80 back into a mint condition. We will assist you in whatever little way we can but make sure to soon start a thread on this project. Have a wonderful stay on board. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15
Thanks Umang :) Yeah, my life after buying car would have been pretty sad without TAI & our members.

Top Bottom