Hello Dear Car Aficionados

Hello from all of us, have a nice and pleasant stay in this "family" . BTW which car are you thinking to buy??
You can ask for opinions in "The car shopper" thread.

Thread Starter #3
Hello from all of us, have a nice and pleasant stay in this "family" . BTW which car are you thinking to buy??
You can ask for opinions in "The car shopper" thread.
Planning to get a VW Polo Petrol, I know the petrol engine gets a lot of hate, But I just love the car's build quality and the appearance for which I am willing to sacrifice a few horses [:D]

You should have a look at used cars also.
Polo starts at ₹5.75 lakhs ex. Showroom price. I assume you buy the base variant and even that could cost more than 6 lakhs OTR. But, if you can live with a pre owned car, you could get yourself a Xuv 5OO late -2012 or 2013 model. Our you can even look at pre owned Polo Diesel as that could come in your budget of a new Polo Petrol.
I'm giving only a advice, decision is upon you.

Thread Starter #5
You should have a look at used cars also.
Polo starts at ₹5.75 lakhs ex. Showroom price. I assume you buy the base variant and even that could cost more than 6 lakhs OTR. But, if you can live with a pre owned car, you could get yourself a Xuv 5OO late -2012 or 2013 model. Our you can even look at pre owned Polo Diesel as that could come in your budget of a new Polo Petrol.
I'm giving only a advice, decision is upon you.
I appreciate the advice, Firstly I have a huge parking constraint in my apartment especially the width.
And I have been wanting to buy a new car since very long now and somehow I am not convinced for a pre-owned car, hence the new car decision.
So far I have test driven tiago jtp, polo pertrol,diesel,tsi. JTP simply blew my mind its a pocket rocket for sure but I am very skeptical about TATA service. TSI is way out of my budget so most likely it will be a Polo petrol MPI

Yes, parking problem has detoured many people from buying their dream cars .
Final decision of car buying should only be yours, but, to clear the myth on TATA service, i would say that i too own a Tata Manza and that too 8 years old and i have no problem in servicing my car. Only some Tata service centres are bad, but they have improved a lot.
Good luck for purchasing your dream machine bro!!
See you in your new car!

I appreciate the advice, Firstly I have a huge parking constraint in my apartment especially the width.
And I have been wanting to buy a new car since very long now and somehow I am not convinced for a pre-owned car, hence the new car decision.
So far I have test driven tiago jtp, polo pertrol,diesel,tsi. JTP simply blew my mind its a pocket rocket for sure but I am very skeptical about TATA service. TSI is way out of my budget so most likely it will be a Polo petrol MPI
Welcome bro! On one hand you are looking (and like) performance cars but on the contrary you are looking at a puny engined car(only 1L engine) which is underpowered too. Even NA Tiago is much more powerful than that. Having owned Tiago P in Bangalore for 2.4yrs and 14k+ kms I feel very comfortable with Tata ASS. Its much better than Renault, Nissan, VW, Skoda, Mahindra in Bangalore I believe. The cost of servicing is lowest and am really happy at that saving some good money[:)]. The hint lies at choosing the right Service Center. I go only to Concorde Dairy Circle as I have good service experience with them. Classic motors is also good what I have heard (but far for me). JTP is an enthusiast's car which will bring smile on your face everytime you drive. But might not be the one for you (and any performance car for that matter) if you're expecting high FE!

Thread Starter #9
Welcome bro! On one hand you are looking (and like) performance cars but on the contrary you are looking at a puny engined car(only 1L engine) which is underpowered too. Even NA Tiago is much more powerful than that. Having owned Tiago P in Bangalore for 2.4yrs and 14k+ kms I feel very comfortable with Tata ASS. Its much better than Renault, Nissan, VW, Skoda, Mahindra in Bangalore I believe. The cost of servicing is lowest and am really happy at that saving some good money[:)]. The hint lies at choosing the right Service Center. I go only to Concorde Dairy Circle as I have good service experience with them. Classic motors is also good what I have heard (but far for me). JTP is an enthusiast's car which will bring smile on your face everytime you drive. But might not be the one for you (and any performance car for that matter) if you're expecting high FE!
Completely agree with you on puny engine 1L polo MPI engine :) I am still confused what to buy tbh. [frustration]

Welcome to the world of TAI @electricbright
I like your id name[thumbsup]
If its Polo Petrol it has to be the POLO GT TSI , have heard a lot of praise for the car.
Way out of budget :( Recently they quoted around 12.5 on road [cry]

Completely agree with you on puny engine 1L polo MPI engine :) I am still confused what to buy tbh. [frustration]

Way out of budget :( Recently they quoted around 12.5 on road [cry]
The all New Polo is about to release within a year,if your heart is set on POLO then please wait for sometime as the dealers will start offering huge discounts on the current stocks,
Or
you can ask few dealers for a 2018 Polo,you can get good discounts.

Thread Starter #11
The all New Polo is about to release within a year,if your heart is set on POLO then please wait for sometime as the dealers will start offering huge discounts on the current stocks,
Or
you can ask few dealers for a 2018 Polo,you can get good discounts.
I checked in Bangalore there are no discounts for GT TSI. I will most probably save up some more money and go with the facelifted GT TSI

Top Bottom