Hello All Automobile Enthusiasts

Thread Starter #1
Hi dear members,

I am Srikanth from Hyderabad and have joined TAI in January, its time I introduced myself.

The earliest memories of a motor vechicle goes back to my kindergarden days, when I used to sit on the petrol tank of the bike. I would also wring the throttle when there were clear roads .

My first set of two wheels happened to be a "BSA" SLR cycle that was with me for almost a decade before giving it away. I have been fortunate enough to have had owned/ ridden two wheelers from mopeds to relatively powerful 350cc thumpers.

I thought of becoming a mechanical engineer, but ended up becoming a software engineer.

My father happens to be an auto enthusiast himself, and this has also been instrumental in having a chance to ride so many different set of wheels.
Dad had a Rajdoot 175, Bajaj Chetak 1996, and I used a TVS Super XL, Activa, Bullet 350 CI(2009) which I regret selling. My current rides are a 1999 Suzuki Samurai, and a 2004 Honda Eterno.

I look forward to interact and gain knowledge and also forge long lasting bond with the fellow members in the group. Thanks for accepting my request and allowing me to be a member of the group.

I suppose writing too much about myself would be like "Blowing my own Trumpet", hence would stop with this short introduction now.

Hope everyone has a pleasant time.

Srikanth

welcome to the family srikanth. Wishing you happy miles ahead. do let us know about your ownership experiences of all the vehicles you owned. once again welcome to this vast family we call TAI. where we are divided by region but united by passion.

Hey Srikanth, welcome to The Automotive India!!

Good to see the mention of the BSA SLR - it was my first 'new' bicycle too. Light n zippy, it was.

The Eterno is indestructible. Take care of it well.

Have a great time here and feel free to get in touch with us Moderators in case you need any assistance.

Regards,
Sam

Welcome to the Automotive India Shrikanth.
Honda Eterno is one of the scooter which does its duty so brilliantly without much of the issues croping up.Hope you enjoying your ride.I regret selling it off.
Enjoy your stay.

Thread Starter #6
Hey Srikanth, welcome to The Automotive India!!

Good to see the mention of the BSA SLR - it was my first 'new' bicycle too. Light n zippy, it was.

The Eterno is indestructible. Take care of it well.

Have a great time here and feel free to get in touch with us Moderators in case you need any assistance.

Regards,
Sam
Sam sir, thanks for your warm welcome. Of all forums I am a member of, I can say for sure that the Moderators of TAI are most visible and also interactive with the new members [clap]

My BSA SLR was a Metallic Maroon one that costed about 1100 Rs back in the 90's. As mentioned by you, it was quite fast and zippy and I used to race with many mopeds and sometimes even a chetak up a slope( as my cycle brakes were pathetic).
What a coincidence sir, I have an eterno and cherish every moment riding her, its a 2004 geny grey colour one. I hope to retain her along with my beloved samurai as long as I can. Sadly, Honda is not at all supportive in supplying spares for this "one of a kind" Made for INDIA product.
PS: thanks for PM with Dilip Bam sir's contact details

Welcome to the Automotive India Shrikanth.
Honda Eterno is one of the scooter which does its duty so brilliantly without much of the issues croping up.Hope you enjoying your ride.I regret selling it off.
Enjoy your stay.
Thank you for the welcome sir, Yes Eterno is a gem of a scooter. How I wish it was still in production and the Indian Janta patronizing a geared small wheeled scooter. But alas, Even the best things can fail when people opt for convenience and style instead of solid and reliable product.

I plan to keep the Eterno as long as possible, I would be posting a thread in the forum as well.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom