Heart vs Brain: Punto vs Figo - Booked Punto

Re: Heart vs Brain: Punto vs Figo -- Help me!!

I have always seen mysterious character with fiat-" love it or loathe it" .

There engines are so good ,whole india is gung -ho about it, but look at their cars.
even though it is almost good but not perfect as it should be - I don't know why they cant make it.

So is the case with ownership experience ,some states pathetic issues with fiat(or may be they exaggerate) and some like me have almost nil issues.
So to be honest I never recommend anybody to buy fiat cars blindly rather I always put a clause somewhere it may or may not help a potential buyer .
hmm. Now it is making sense to me. To some extent you are right as one of my friend at office bought 1.3 emotion last year and when another friend asked to suggest whether he should also buy a Fiat or not. After thinking for a while he said, do not buy a Fiat and buy something else. We kept on asking him the reason and he never spoke a single word after that on this topic. Now after reading your comments it is making sense why he denied buying a Fiat.

Well answer to your question(s) can be answered by Fiat I guess as why the discrimination in quality / service [confused]. Probably inconsistency is creating a problem for them.

Thread Starter #32

Finally I booked Punto Di Active. [:D][drive]
After a long decision on the color, we finally agreed on "Fox trot azure".

Thanks to TAI-members.. Special thanks to RSM, Surfer, Thetraveller and Jayadev..

Hopefully I will get the delivery by 30th of this month..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34

Thanks RSM.. Anything else I need to check.. Its better if you can give me link to such thread.

Now I have started researching on Music system and sunfilm. Dont know what is better. Any suggestions here??

Azad, congratulation!!! if you are from bangalore and have contacts with other fiat owners like RSM then i am sure you will never have any issues owning a fiat. you will find it worth .
Much Glad to have another punter(fiatian )onboard. I think its time to count fiat owners in TAI.
Best wishes.

Thanks RSM.. Anything else I need to check.. Its better if you can give me link to such thread.

Now I have started researching on Music system and sunfilm. Dont know what is better. Any suggestions here??
Azad, many congratulations for the booking of your Punto MJD. Please go through this thread for the Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/489-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi.html. Do take a hard copy of the checklist when you go for the inspection.

Nice!! So another to-be proud owner of italian beauty [:)] I just saw one GP in FTA (Fox Trot Azure) color yesterday and it looks stylish. Get some nice sunfilm and it will enhance the beauty. Many many congrats!!

Regarding things to keep in mind - as Akash has given the link for PDI, check it. Do take the print out with you. Also if you can, take a friend along with you at the time of inspection. 2 Pair of eyes are always better than one. As soon as VIN is allotted to you, check for the manufacture date by decoding VIN. And yeah once your experience is over do give a small token gift to the sales person! [:)]

Wishing you many long rides ahead and waiting for the pics and report soon.

Akash has provided the PDI link. Do ask your dealer to provide you VIN as soon as possible. Verify manufacturing date.

I would say you don't need sunfilm in Bangalore weather. So leave it as it is, see for one summer, if you feel you need then go for it.
ICE section will provide you more details about music systems and speakers. Depends on your budget, you can get variety of choices. You can visit EVO in Ulsoor or Sachin's shop in Koramangala. They will provide you more details on this.

I would suggest you only one thing, change your tyres. Go for 185/70 R14, on stock rim. Alloys can be added afterwards, if you need. You will get best buyback on new tyres. Go for either Yoko-A Drive or Appollo Accellere.

Congratulations Azad glad to know that you have finally gone in for Punto. I always follow my heart and i have never regretted till now!

Hey Azad ,

Congratulations And Welcome To Fiat Family !
Happy Motoring Dude[drive]

Congratulations buddy. Being an owner of a 90 hp, I can be sure that you will have a great time driving your punto.

Congrats AZAD, finally you are going to be a owner of italian beast...

Don't forgot to share all your experiences with Punto here...

350Z

Core Team

Heartiest congratulations Azad. Surprisingly, I have never seen a Punto in Fox Trot Azure colour but then what? Soon we’re going to have one in TAI. Keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Heartiest congratulations Azad. Surprisingly, I have never seen a Punto in Fox Trot Azure colour but then what? Soon we’re going to have one in TAI. Keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I think its the same color as our member J.Ravi's Linea.

Top Bottom