Heart vs Brain: Punto vs Figo - Booked Punto

@AzAd - Congratz on your new Punto[clap]

I too have booked a Punto 1.3 Emotion last week. We formed a group of 5 people (thru forums) and negotiated with the dealer (kht) to get a group-buy discount. We booked 5 vehicles on 30-Aug. Delivery date is within 2 weeks.

Btw did you get the chassis & engine numbers after paying the booking amount? And what did you win in the lucky draw? All of us got 3 months fuel vouchers [anger]

@RSM - what do you mean by check 'H' on odo?

@Thetraveller - what is VIN and when do I get it? Is it different from chassis & engine numbers?

@ashtek - yes VIN is chassis number. You can either find it in engine bay or door side. You can even ask for it from the dealer after you get the car allotted.

ashtek congrats to you too

That's nice idea. What did you got exactly ?
Thanks!
We got an additional discount of 10K for group booking apart from free insurance, 10K cash discount, 7k corporate discount, 6.5k fuel voucher, basic accessories (mat, mud flaps...), sun film and reverse parking sensor at discount price.

Thread Starter #67
@Ashtek: Thanks and congratulations on your buy!!

Finally I got my dream car, The Italian Beauty - Grande Punto. Let the picture speak..

DSC00368.JPG

Finally I got my dream car, The Italian Beauty - Grande Punto. Let the picture speak..
Incredible it is in this color.
now do not hesitate to change those tires to fatter ones. let the rim be the stock one or else change if you wish.
punto deserves 205 wheels..!!

Thread Starter #69
We did complete PDI.. Made sure everything is fine..
Got the registration part done and my car was ready by 7.30pm.. Got the puja done and drive back home .. I Was very happy until!![frustration]

Now the sad part: After taking delivery to home, I found that left front door doesn't fit in properly. One can see around 3-4mm gap..

What should I do now?? Can it be rectified or I need to live with it forever[confused]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #70
Incredible it is in this color.
now do not hesitate to change those tires to fatter ones. let the rim be the stock one or else change if you wish.
punto deserves 205 wheels..!!
Really its Awesome..
I was thinking of going for 185/70 r14 on stock rims as suggested by RSM but I may not afford it right now as I am on a very tight budget..
Any idea how much it costs if I go for exchange..

350Z

Core Team
I too have booked a Punto 1.3 Emotion last week. We formed a group of 5 people (thru forums) and negotiated with the dealer (kht) to get a group-buy discount. We booked 5 vehicles on 30-Aug. Delivery date is within 2 weeks.
Welcome to The Automotive India, Ashtek. And congratulations for the group buy. It’s a wonderful idea indeed which has managed to fetch a great deal overall. Do take a look at the following two useful threads:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-decoding-vehicle-information-number-vin.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html

She looks gorgeous in that colour. Awaiting to read a comprehensive purchase and ownership experience soon!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #73
The first fault found during our PDI..

DSC00376.JPG

An extra 'E'.. Complained and got it removed!! Rest everything was fine..

I think the left front door gap may got introduced after they put central locking system, am not sure!!
Please guys help me out..[cry]

ROFL....I cannot believe kind of nerds are doing job in fiat production plant????

I think the left front door gap may got introduced after they put central locking system, am not sure!!
Still not sure what kind of Gap you are talking about , a picture may help or take it to Service centre.

Thread Starter #75
Still not sure what kind of Gap you are talking about , a picture may help or take it to Service centre.
The gap between body and door.. If i see from back then I will feel as if the door is not closed properly. Will update picture tomorrow..

Top Bottom