Headlights Upgradation for Figo

bhvm

Honoured Member
Get Philips Rally Vision with Roots / Hella wiring harness and relay which comes with ceramic holders. On longer run, this might fade the reflectors a bit. However I am using the setup on my Ritz from 3+ years without any issues.
However as bhvm said, they are good upto 80-90 speeds.

Xenon's in regular reflector in Bangalore is a cop magnet. Per new rule effective 01 April 2014, any traffic violations might lead to DL suspension for 3 months or permanent ! [frustration]

cops will not notice 35w 4000k hid.
the cop magnet are those blue 6000k or above.
4000k is virtually the factory beam colour.

cops will not notice 35w 4000k hid.
the cop magnet are those blue 6000k or above.
4000k is virtually the factory beam colour.
It is not just color, it's the glare caused by Multi-focus reflectors.

I think your way of using high watt LED is better [clap]

Get Philips Rally Vision with Roots / Hella wiring harness and relay which comes with ceramic holders. On longer run, this might fade the reflectors a bit. However I am using the setup on my Ritz from 3+ years without any issues.
I have used upgraded setup for 4 years & 1Lakh kms on my previous car (Roots wiring with ceramic holders & Relay) and there was only marginal impact on reflectors. I cleaned the headlights after 1Lakh kms for around Rs.1000, which almost made them look like new.

IMO, there is no big risk involved in this modification as long as you use good kit & is done at a reliable place.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I wil suggest you get Cheap rally type (Round) fog lights. Put each with a 100w Bulb for experiments. Then Tie them to your high beams. So you can have all the light you want on High beams, but you also have a glare free, Legal low beam for city and oncoming traffic. You can use the High beam+Fog lamps in Open areas.

I squarely HATE the people those have High wattage Lamps for city or traffic areas. Even on low beams, these are quite blinding. I also hate people who have Fogs turned on All the time(for oncoming traffic). My solution avoids all that.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
I wil suggest you get Cheap rally type (Round) fog lights. Put each with a 100w Bulb for experiments. Then Tie them to your high beams. So you can have all the light you want on High beams, but you also have a glare free, Legal low beam for city and oncoming traffic. You can use the High beam+Fog lamps in Open areas.
So, if I understand it correctly, you are suggesting me to change the bulbs to 100W in the Fog Lamps and use it only with High Beam? Or buy an additional Auxiliary Fog Lamps?

I am presently using OE Fogs and no idea about the wattage, but surely can't be 100W. Would it be recommendable to replace those bulbs as you suggested?

bhvm

Honoured Member
So, if I understand it correctly, you are suggesting me to change the bulbs to 100W in the Fog Lamps and use it only with High Beam? Or buy an additional Auxiliary Fog Lamps?

I am presently using OE Fogs and no idea about the wattage, but surely can't be 100W. Would it be recommendable to replace those bulbs as you suggested?
I am asking you to buy RALLY style fog lamps. External, Round ones. They're pretty cheap and I had a pair of those on my jeep. They are like 1k~1.5k a PAIR with bulbs. They take H1 100W Bulbs.

Then, I suggest you to add a relay and trigger them with High beams
High Beams on = Fogs on
High beams off= Fogs off.

Thats what I did for my safari. keep your Factory Fogs OFF and out of question for a while. Let me know how it goes![glasses]

Examples-

http://rallyinnovations.tripod.com/products.htm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/battlewagon/4286557197/

Last edited:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38
Frenz / Figoians - Please check out the survey initiated by a fellow Figoian in our Ford Figo India Owners FB Page. I really appreciate the initiative and would request all to support the same. Here is the message he posted in the FB page.

Guys, with much deliberation and contacts with Admins, I have come up with Survey for our Lighting issues on the Ford Figo, we intend to take this further with Ford based on the survey success and number of respondents. I would request you to please take this survey and send this to anyone who owns a Ford Figo, Publish in the Forums you use.

Lets make this a success and a stepping stone for our group to be recognized by Ford.

Ford Figo - Head Lamps | QuestionPro Survey

You mean to say Low beam throw is poor and high beam is good enough?
Sorry, still couldn't get you.
he is trying to say that he want to drive with high beam always on.

but my suggestion is you can drive with high beam when roads are empty or very less traffic. But be gentle please switch to low beam whenever oncoming driver flash his light so that you and other road users can be stay safe.[:D]

Top Bottom